My Favorite 6 Pack + 1

Started by kxthor911, 08/26/2014 06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

If you have questions about what link to use when discussing links about this thread please use the proper link to ask those questions
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

QuoteCfickter - 2/12/2015  10:44 AM  If you have questions about what link to use when discussing links about this thread please use the proper link to ask those questions

Thanks for the clarification, would have been totally lost without it :biggrin:

So, if I'm looking for the proper link to the thread in which the post where the proper link the the proper post in the proper thread is located, I should ask Nick. Right  :?:  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

Got it.  The pass was never closed.  :thumbsup:

If I miss next month's point contest by 10 points or less I'll be changing my feedback on this train wreck!  :biggrin:

05Venturer

So in all seriousness.
Was this pass ever completed? I was just going thru or and it seems a but confusing.
 :confused:  :confused:  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

Sigh... the never ending pass.   :snoring:

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 3/9/2015  10:27 AM

Sigh... the never ending pass.   :snoring:

You sure there isn't another link somewhere telling us when he will close it???  :crazy:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Jackal

Nick, If you need any assist in closing it (such as getting the final transition back to you), let me know and I will manually fix it.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Longhorn

QuoteJackal - 3/9/2015  12:14 PM

Nick, If you need any assist in closing it (such as getting the final transition back to you), let me know and I will manually fix it.

I vote you close it out... the moderator has logged on as recently as yesterday, but is not responding to this thread.

Longhorn

I think I've been patient enough... feedback left accordingly.  This is NOT how passes should be administered on this site.

----

Unfortunately, this Geek started a pass and never completed it.  

While it was a shotgun style pass, he didn't take the time to follow up and close it out despite an offer from an admin to do so.  

This was one of the most confusing passes run this past year with multiple discussion threads started by the mod that, while humorous at times, created confusion amongst the participants.

The neutral rating should be a caution to anyone participating in future events with this Geek - do so knowing that the follow up and commitment to finishing something that gets started may not be there.

----

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 4/1/2015  11:34 AM

I think I've been patient enough... feedback left accordingly.  This is NOT how passes should be administered on this site.

----

Unfortunately, this Geek started a pass and never completed it.  

While it was a shotgun style pass, he didn't take the time to follow up and close it out despite an offer from an admin to do so.  

This was one of the most confusing passes run this past year with multiple discussion threads started by the mod that, while humorous at times, created confusion amongst the participants.

The neutral rating should be a caution to anyone participating in future events with this Geek - do so knowing that the follow up and commitment to finishing something that gets started may not be there.

----

Hard to argue with any of that. It was a very confusing pass. Nick is a good guy, a great geek, and a friend. I know life gets busy, but he has had plenty of time to close this up, along with help from Jason, so it should have been done long ago.

As for the humor end of it, yes it was funny, but based on reactions to comments I made in a humor/joke thread recently...I'm gonna keep me thoughts to me-self!  :shy:  :shy:  :shy:  :shy:   Love Y'all!!!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Jackal

I am closing this one.  The moderator can always re-open it.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nirab

Thank you! You may want to post the closing notice in the other 3 threads though!!  :shy:  :lmao:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

sjn1117

Damn! This was still open! Wow!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.