July Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 06/03/2015 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Critique is in. Thanks for letting me in on this one.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

danb6177

Doing mine tonight. pretty excited about this one
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Thanks for taking the time on these guys, I can't see who did what but looks like 3/5 are done.  Still plenty of time, not due until the 10th.  I will also post feedback once they get on the main page.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

MacMac

Smoked mine last night! I'll have the written review in later today. Can't wait to compare notes! This was great fun. I found the review challenging and very thought provoking toward the cigar.
Thanks Brian for letting me be a part of this, my first "official" review.
 :thanx:

bmac7754

QuoteMacMac - 7/6/2015  9:18 AM  Smoked mine last night! I'll have the written review in later today. Can't wait to compare notes! This was great fun. I found the review challenging and very thought provoking toward the cigar. Thanks Brian for letting me be a part of this, my first "official" review.  :thanx:

Thanks Joe, They are fun and there is no right or wrong answers.  Hopefully your first of many brother. 

MacMac

The written review is in! I hope I got it input correctly. I think I did. Thanks Kent for all your help! :bigthumbs:
Comparing reviews will be great fun, too! :thumbsup:
Joe

junglepete

Thanks for getting all the reviews in well before the deadline!! Nice. :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mojo66

Way to go geeks, all reviews in with time left to spare before the deadline. Can,T wait to read th reviews  :bigthumbs:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

Thanks guys for getting these done in time, hopefully you enjoyed but if not that cool too. 

Also a shout out to William (dubleuhb) for Selling me these last December with intention of doing a critique. 

danb6177

Quotebmac7754 - 7/13/2015  6:29 PM

Thanks guys for getting these done in time, hopefully you enjoyed but if not that cool too. 

Also a shout out to William (dubleuhb) for Selling me these last December with intention of doing a critique. 

Thanx to you Brian for sponsoring this!!. Cant wait to do another
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

MacMac

Quotebmac7754 - 7/13/2015  6:29 PM

Thank you Brian for supporting this review. I had a great time doing it. I will certainly shout out to William, too.

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kman

Quote05Venturer - 7/16/2015  8:09 PM  When will these be posted???

Thought you were watching a movie?!?! If you're not gonna be on the herf, you might as well get off the site :nono:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

05Venturer

QuoteKman - 7/16/2015  7:13 PM

Thought you were watching a movie?!?! If you're not gonna be on the herf, you might as well get off the site :nono:

I am not allowed to multitask??? :blahblah:
Kent

Kman

Quote05Venturer - 7/16/2015  9:06 PM  
QuoteKman - 7/16/2015  7:13 PM  

I am not allowed to multitask??? :blahblah:

Only when you're herfin!! :biggrin:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

X2. Let's see them. 

MacMac

05Venturer

Kent

SenorPablo

Sorry guys.  I'm at a family reunion this weekend and only have my phone.  I think I can get them up without a photo and lead in description, but rest will have to wait till tomorrow evening when I'm back home with a computer.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

danb6177

So I feel bad about my review of this cigar, I really do.Now that the reviews are up you can see mine was not good. Please take into consideration That Im positive this was a dud stick. Specially now that I see some other reviews. Dud sticks happen unfortunately even with super premium sticks. I just dont want anyone to think Im super critical or anything like that, I give alot of cigars great reviews. I so wanted to like this one too. It just such a fantastic looking cigar.

But anyway the whole experience for me was great. I really liked doing the review and hopefully can do some more. Bmac was very generous in what he sent out (specially that prohibition). So thanx again brian for selecting me and letting me review this cigar.
-----

bigjohn20081983

Quotedanb6177 - 7/18/2015  3:11 PM  So I feel bad about my review of this cigar, I really do.Now that the reviews are up you can see mine was not good. Please take into consideration That Im positive this was a dud stick. Specially now that I see some other reviews. Dud sticks happen unfortunately even with super premium sticks. I just dont want anyone to think Im super critical or anything like that, I give alot of cigars great reviews. I so wanted to like this one too. It just such a fantastic looking cigar.   But anyway the whole experience for me was great. I really liked doing the review and hopefully can do some more. Bmac was very generous in what he sent out (specially that prohibition). So thanx again brian for selecting me and letting me review this cigar.[/QUOTE

My review must have been so bad they decided not to use it.  Seriously though I think I rated it below what you did. I think mine was a dud also and major draw issues. Please everyone remember this was my first critique also.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

bmac7754

That's it Dan you are fired. Just kidding bro, don't feel bad about any review you do. It is what it is.

MacMac

It is great to read the other reviews. Comparing others' experiences as they interacted with the cigar shows how people have different likes and dislikes, and different sensory perceptions, too.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.