Thunderbird Lighter

Started by AndritVoor, 09/21/2009 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndritVoor

Hello!
I spent my day exploring looking for local cigar places here in Rochester, and found some nice stores.  While out, I bought a Vector Thunderbird lighter which I had been eying for a while.  Anyhow, I was wondering if most people have trouble removing the insert from the case?  I can't seem to get it to budge, and I worry that if I try too hard it will break.
Thanks!

ROTHNH

I've a Vector Perdomo table lighter, which I like very much.  Free, with a $30 Perdomo 5-pack from Famous.

The only issue I had was adjusting the flame.

Fiddling with it, I learned that the adjustment valve was a lot more variable than I thought -- just a lot more range.

Trick #1 was using triple filtered fuel.

Trick #2 was clearing all the remainder of the fuel after the lighter failed to light, then realizing it takes a LOT of fuel to fill it.

Trick #3 was realizing the adjustment valve under the lighter has a lot more variable adjustment than I thought.

The nice thing about this lighter is that it is HUGE.  No one can walk away with it by error.  And the triple flame lights any cigar quickly and efficently.

It may not have the "ping" of a ST Dupont, but then again, it didn't cost $300-$500.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.