Interesting bottle I must say, nice cigar holder

Started by Jay'D, 06/02/2015 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Quotenirab - 6/3/2015  11:46 AM

QuoteJackal - 6/3/2015  12:40 PM

Quotenirab - 6/3/2015  10:25 AM

an example of bad marketing... :biggrin:

Actually, pretty good marketing.  A shop owner can stick a $5 cigar in there and bump up the price by $30-$50.  Some tourist with more money than brains will swoop it right up.

Actually, with a plethora of bottles sitting around doing nothing, requiring re-branding to get rid of...I'd beg to differ! Now, a resourceful shop owner benefitting from this...ingenuity, have we!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:

That sounds more like a logistics fail than a marketing one.  Possibly, they had a MOQ from the bottle supplier that required them to purchase more bottles than they needed.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Cfickter

Speaking of interesting bottles.  Have you seen the bottle of DAMIANA? Here is what their website says: Damiana Liqueur is a light herbal-based liqueur from Mexico.  It's made with the damiana herb that grows in Baha California, Mexico.  It has great mixability and tastes great as a shooter.  The bottle is uniquely shaped and is modeled after an Incan Goddess.  The Damiana Margarita is very popular in the Los Cabos area of Mexico and Mexican margarita folklore says that the very first margarita ever made was made with Damiana Liqueur (not that silly French liqueur).

I drunk this while on a project in the Baja

damiana

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteJackal - 6/3/2015  3:17 PM

Actually, pretty good marketing.  A shop owner can stick a $5 cigar in there and bump up the price by $30-$50.  Some tourist with more money than brains will swoop it right up.

Actually, with a plethora of bottles sitting around doing nothing, requiring re-branding to get rid of...I'd beg to differ! Now, a resourceful shop owner benefitting from this...ingenuity, have we!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:

That sounds more like a logistics fail than a marketing one.  Possibly, they had a MOQ from the bottle supplier that required them to purchase more bottles than they needed.

OK, then it's a marketing logistics failure!  :shy:  :shy:  :lmao: I understand the MOQ, but if ya can't sell em based on the gimmick implied, I'd say the results show a failure to move product based on your, um, marketing???  :shades:  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Jackal

QuoteCfickter - 6/3/2015  1:42 PM

Speaking of interesting bottles.  Have you seen the bottle of DAMIANA? Here is what their website says: Damiana Liqueur is a light herbal-based liqueur from Mexico.  It's made with the damiana herb that grows in Baha California, Mexico.  It has great mixability and tastes great as a shooter.  The bottle is uniquely shaped and is modeled after an Incan Goddess.  The Damiana Margarita is very popular in the Los Cabos area of Mexico and Mexican margarita folklore says that the very first margarita ever made was made with Damiana Liqueur (not that silly French liqueur).

I drunk this while on a project in the Baja

I know Damiana well.  I tend to keep a bottle around.

Jackal

Quotenirab - 6/3/2015  1:49 PM

OK, then it's a marketing logistics failure!  :shy:  :shy:  :lmao: I understand the MOQ, but if ya can't sell em based on the gimmick implied, I'd say the results show a failure to move product based on your, um, marketing???  :shades:  :shy:  :angel:

Again, doesn't appear to be a marketing failure.  Have you tried to get your hands on a Forbidden X in a bottle?  As far as I can tell, every unit was sold.  That sounds like a huge marketing success to me.  Yes, there are some excess bottles (probably had more bottles than what needed to go in them, but I am betting that they made significantly more revenue than their output.

Jay'D

I wonder how many of those bottles the store actually sold, for $65 i think they're more so selling the concept of the bottle than the liquor inside.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

nirab

QuoteJackal - 6/3/2015  4:04 PM

Quotenirab - 6/3/2015  1:49 PM

Again, doesn't appear to be a marketing failure.  Have you tried to get your hands on a Forbidden X in a bottle?  As far as I can tell, every unit was sold.  That sounds like a huge marketing success to me.  Yes, there are some excess bottles (probably had more bottles than what needed to go in them, but I am betting that they made significantly more revenue than their output.

It is all relative to their sales goals, which, neither of us are privy to, so maybe they hit em, maybe not. However, it could be said that they wanted to sell all of the bottles, as marked, with a Forbidden X in the bottle, and for some reason, did not do that. High price? Crappy product (the liquor, not the cigar!), poor demand, who really knows. From my marketing and advertising background, I came to the conclusion that a bottle marked for one product was then re-branded, to sell a completely different product, therefore, sales did not meet expectations, so they did what is known as "crayfish" out of the market, then they either reached out to another company, or chose to distribute the "new" product themselves. Never tried to find one of these myself, as I am someone they would not market to!  :biggrin:  :angel:  

I enjoy your enthusiastic engagement Jason, good stuff!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

horrido

Interesting bottles shown and I like the one from Dan Akaroyd take a look http://crystalheadvodka.com/en/age_check for some reason I never saw this in the east part of canada strange. Is this in the states I haven't seen it there either.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Jackal

Quotehorrido - 6/3/2015  4:00 PM

Interesting bottles shown and I like the one from Dan Akaroyd take a look http://crystalheadvodka.com/en/age_check for some reason I never saw this in the east part of canada strange. Is this in the states I haven't seen it there either.

Definitely in the states.  Rebecca has a bottle.

Jay'D

Quotehorrido - 6/3/2015  7:00 PM

I'm not a vodka lover but I'll take the bottle and fill it with some of this
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Camshaft83

I have a crystal head  bottle and after cleaning it very thoroughly I put whiskey in it now. Very cool bottle.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

MacMac

Very cool. I would be interesting to know the cigar that's supposed to be with the bottle. I wonder if I'll find it in this area....I'll look next time I'm at the ABC store.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.