Blind Geek Reviews

Started by 05Venturer, 06/22/2015 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

QuoteStogieDad - 8/17/2015  1:17 PM

Kid Montana #22

I nice looking stick with a solid box press.  A very oily wrapper surrounds a even, fully packed cigar.  Dark and beautiful, there are a few small splotches but a very attractive smoke indeed.  The burn was mostly behaved, requiring a couple touch-ups to keep it in line, but acceptable overall.  The ash was stark white, and while it held nicely, was quite soft and just fell apart when tapped.  Smoke production was nice and thick.

Started out with a nice black pepper kick and lots of earthiness.  Surprisingly the pepper subsided within the first inch, giving way to black coffee and slightly bitter dark chocolate notes.  Still a ton of earthiness going on.  Around the midway point, strong black coffee is dominating the smoke for.  Just a bit of a hard to place slightly sour note in the background, but in a good way.  Leather plays in nicely at this point as well.  A very rich smoke that finishes strong with charred oak and more coffee, with the leather and a slightly salty note playing in as well.

A very enjoyable smoke that is an easy 4 for me.

What a fun pass guys!  Thanks for running it Kent!

Revealed as  #22 Quesada Octoberfest Kaiser Wilhelm (2014)
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

quickme

Smoked my Blind stick CFickter #29

It was an oval stick with a closed foot.  I paired it with a bottle of water.  V-Cut

Pre-draw

pretty open draw with a subtle sweetness.  

1/3

Hints of carmel but the draw being very open it was very difficult to get any notes.  Mild and uneventful.   Creamy smoke but pretty much flavourless.

2/3

Stick is opening up and more carmel and sweet tobacco.  Still mild.  No spice which I don't mind.  

last 3rd

notes of Black pepper creeping in.  Carmel note have faded.

Overall I had to touch up/re-lite this stick 4 times.  This is the first time smoking an oval stick and it felt like I was smoking a Twix candy bar or a kazoo.  Its a mild-medium stick.  I do enjoy mild sticks and Connecticut wrap cigars but this was a miss for me.  3-3.5 out of 5.  

If I had to guess I would say this was a San Lotano Oval Connecticut.

05Venturer

#29 was a - Viaje 2014 Collaboration
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

quickme

smoked my final stick 25 mthomason1980
Paired with water and smoked after a solid softball win.

very creamy burning stick.  thick smoke with great mouth feel.  Light back throat spice with a very enjoyable nutty finish.   The smell of the the sweet tobacco burning was intoxicating.  The aroma was complimented by many non smokers while I was enjoying this stick.   It didn't stray much from the notes of sweet tobacco and nutty finish which was perfectly fine.  Burn was razor sharp and ash held past 1/2 way.   Medium stick and very approachable for new smokers and even ones that would like a fine stick for the morning.  I would have wanted to pair this with a nice coffee.  Safe 5er buy for sure.   4 out of 5.  

Cfickter

This is a review of the SJN1117
Robusto with a milk chocolate brown wrapper.  Slightly veiny, triple capped.  Well constructed, slight soft but not overly
Cold draw is hay with some woody tones.  Cap clips very well and lights easily.
First draw is WOW, you are hit with a pepper that hits the roof of the mouth and just did not show in the cold draw, "Pepin-esqe" to say the least.  Draw is slightly loose so very full and the amount of smoke is impressive.  About 1/2 inch in the pepper has really subsided but there is a lingering taste left in the mouth. Strangely a very maduro profile with woody and leathery tones.
The burn line is slightly wobbly, the ash is flaky and quite a variation of grays.  There is a very well defined black burn line like you see in a Conn wrapper.  My guess is that this habano.
Going into the second third, the woody tones are the predominate flavor but also a slight taste of baking spices, and still a little lingering pepper.
This finishes of just great, keeping the woody and pepper, and splash of ligero

Could it be a Yellow Rose, no wrong wrapper
I have no clue
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

sjn1117 #19 that Chuck reviewed above was a  Camacho Corojo (discontinued) Monarca
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.