Virtual Yankee Gift Exchange

Started by Jackal, 06/26/2015 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

QuoteJackal - 7/14/2015  12:08 PM

PASS UPDATE:

I have decided to play along in this one too.  I am throwing in a fiver into this pass.  I have randomly assigned each cigar to a lot.  Whoever first chooses each of these lots will get the bonus stick (which will not get stolen with the others).

woohoo nice. WTG man
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Mojo66

Way cool Jason, makes this even more interesting. Now, what lot numbers should I by going for  :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Jackal

QuoteMojo66 - 7/14/2015  10:31 AM

Way cool Jason, makes this even more interesting. Now, what lot numbers should I by going for  :biggrin:

232, (1+r)^n, Pi, -i^(-3) and 1/0.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ninfiction

Aren't you in on the pass anyway or just facilitating?  Hopefully I'm before Mojo because Pi was going to be my first choice.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Jackal

Quoteninfiction - 7/14/2015  11:02 AM

Aren't you in on the pass anyway or just facilitating?  Hopefully I'm before Mojo because Pi was going to be my first choice.

I cannot be in the pass and facilitate at the same time.  If I was, I could just cherry pick out the ones that I want.  Only one pass moderator tried something like that.  He isn't here anymore  :nono:

Mojo66

QuoteJackal - 7/14/2015  1:44 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 7/14/2015  10:31 AM  Way cool Jason, makes this even more interesting. Now, what lot numbers should I by going for  :biggrin:
232, (1+r)^n, Pi, -i^(-3) and 1/0.  

Thanks for the heads up Jason, I'll be on the lookout for those.

Oh, and Brian you're out of luck, Pi is mine. I love Pi(e)

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Rammstein142

Nice Jason adding a twist, also dang..glad those smokes survived. That makes the second package lately that has been beat up. Never had that issue until recently. Anyways I will get you funds for shipping tomorrow night or Thursdays AM if that is cool! Can't wait to get this started!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Jackal

There have been some very generous geeks in this pass.

Mojo sent me a bomb (listed in the bomb thread), http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=32042.0

Dan (danb6177) sent, along with his pass contributions, a Cuesta Rey Sungrown, AF Hemmingway and an AJ New World.
Michael (StogieDad) gifted me a Las Calaveras 2015 LC46, Ezra Zion Burnt Ends and a Crowned Snake Oil

Thank you guys.

danb6177

Enjoy em jason and thanx again for letting me play.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

Jackal

Some people who are not on gmail accounts have had issues with the spreadsheet.  I have gone through and manually accepted them.  Hopefully, that will let them work properly.  If you are still having any issues, let me know.

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

CigarPlace

Still got room for one more Jackal? I can ship tomorrow.

Jackal

QuoteCigarPlace - 7/16/2015  12:49 PM

Still got room for one more Jackal? I can ship tomorrow.

Sorry, for this first (trial) run I had capped it at 12, as each person adds significant time to the pass.  If this pass is not a complete disaster, there will be another one

Jackal

Looks like we have the money, cigars and email accounts of all but one player in this.  Once they are in, we can kick this off.

I know that he is dealing with an illness in the family, so there may be a short delay of a week or so.  No rush, family comes first.

Cfickter

Quotedanb6177 - 7/14/2015  12:44 PM  
QuoteJackal - 7/14/2015  12:08 PM  PASS UPDATE:  I have decided to play along in this one too.  I am throwing in a fiver into this pass.  I have randomly assigned each cigar to a lot.  Whoever first chooses each of these lots will get the bonus stick (which will not get stolen with the others).    
woohoo nice. WTG man

Way to pump up the volume!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

Last sticks are on the way, so we shoudl be able to kick this off in a couple of days.

I have also been thinking about the 5 sticks that I was going to add to the pass.  It is kind of unfair, as some people will have less chance to get them (as they will be assigned to people who won't choose their own lots).  Therefore, I will be adding 12 sticks to the pass so that each person has equal chance to pull a bonus stick (some cigars will be better than others, but that will be random).  :angel:

jharrisx5

Too kind....now to start developing some algorithm to determine the most likely lots with spedal jackal cigars.....
Puff Puff Give....

Jackal

Quotejharrisx5 - 7/21/2015  5:04 PM

Too kind....now to start developing some algorithm to determine the most likely lots with spedal jackal cigars.....

You can start with one for each person's groupings.

danb6177

QuoteJackal - 7/21/2015  7:27 PM

Last sticks are on the way, so we shoudl be able to kick this off in a couple of days.

I have also been thinking about the 5 sticks that I was going to add to the pass.  It is kind of unfair, as some people will have less chance to get them (as they will be assigned to people who won't choose their own lots).  Therefore, I will be adding 12 sticks to the pass so that each person has equal chance to pull a bonus stick (some cigars will be better than others, but that will be random).  :angel:
the host with the most!! great!!
-----

ninfiction

QuoteJackal - 7/21/2015  7:18 PM

Quotejharrisx5 - 7/21/2015  5:04 PM

You can start with one for each person's groupings.

Ok that adds another level to the selection process.

Any word from sjn? Hope everything is alright.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mojo66

QuoteJackal - 7/21/2015  7:27 PM  Last sticks are on the way, so we shoudl be able to kick this off in a couple of days.  I have also been thinking about the 5 sticks that I was going to add to the pass.  It is kind of unfair, as some people will have less chance to get them (as they will be assigned to people who won't choose their own lots).  Therefore, I will be adding 12 sticks to the pass so that each person has equal chance to pull a bonus stick (some cigars will be better than others, but that will be random).  :angel:

Very nice of you, can't wait to start playing. :dancing:

Rammstein142

Nice! This just got a heck of a lot more interesting! Really ready for this to kick off.

Cfickter

Lets get this party started! :cheers:
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

Still waiting on the final sticks.  I was told that they had shipped my way last Monday.  Hopefully, will be in today's mails.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.