Herf-a-Dor question

Started by danb6177, 05/21/2015 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C130Driver

Quotedanb6177 - 5/21/2015  3:09 PM

Ok good advice. I dont keep my sticks in cello, I guess my concern not using water would be that the green foam would suck some moisture out of sticks. But you guys are right a few days probably no issues. Maybe Ill just put em in a zip lock baggie and stick em in the herf.

I have one of these and I agree that the little Boveda packs are the way to go. That being said, in my experience they will be fine for a few days with no humidification. In my desktop humidor, I used to use the foam humidifiers prior to getting some heartfelt beads in a bomb (Thanks Again Camshaft83!). It was my experience the foam humidifiers would often drive a RH that was too high. So, I was always concerned about wetting the foam, especially in such a small container (I have the 5 stick size). So, what I do if I know I'll be taking a trip in a few weeks is open my Herf-a-Dor and put it inside my humidor to allow the RH of the foam to equalize with the RH of my humidor. If you need to speed the process along, wet it a little and do the same. That way it doesn't have the potential to take humidity from your cigars and it won't over humidify.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.