September Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 06/29/2015 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Quotenwb - 9/6/2015  11:43 AM

Ummm, I found it in the database and the drop down for the critique.  The company is Weston Tobacco, the cigar is Connecticut Shade (the only option). :confused:

I stand corrected, I see it too!  Sorry to bother you Nathan, enjoy your weekend!

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

Not bothering me at all.  I just thought I might be going crazy.

....and I probably am, but that is beside the point.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Chief of Shaft

DonM

Done, Thanks Corey and Matt for putting this one on!

"The Curmudgeon"

horrido

Submitted and done - btw I liked this cigar alot.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

MacMac

QuoteDonM - 9/10/2015  8:48 AM

Done, Thanks Corey and Matt for putting this one on!

Yes, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this critque!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nwb

Thanks everyone for getting their reviews in on time!

These will get posted on/around the 15th.
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

Thanks gents!  Sorry. Been quite out of the loop a bit off the grid.

horrido

Wow just need to say varied ratings on this cigar. I honestly liked mine so was it luck or did others find the stick having issues. I had mine in my Cuban humidor so did the magic get pasted to my tester?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

MacMac

Quotehorrido - 9/15/2015  10:03 PM

Wow just need to say varied ratings on this cigar. I honestly liked mine so was it luck or did others find the stick having issues. I had mine in my Cuban humidor so did the magic get pasted to my tester?

The Weston that I smoked came to me w/ two cracks. One near the foot and one just under the cap. It reseted in my tupperdor at 70% until I smoked it. The cigar was not dry when I smoked it but it appears it had been at some point. The crack at the cap made the cigar a challenge to smoke.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

danb6177

different strokes I think. I really like a full bodied cigar with lots of popping out flavors. But the Weston to me was a good cigar. I would not buy a box of them but a fiver I would do just to have a nice milder smoke for certain occasions.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

horrido

Quotedanb6177 - 9/16/2015  5:08 AM

different strokes I think. I really like a full bodied cigar with lots of popping out flavors. But the Weston to me was a good cigar. I would not buy a box of them but a fiver I would do just to have a nice milder smoke for certain occasions.

After thinking about how the reviewers had different experiences a fiver now would make sense if we all hit the high 80 or 90's then maybe a box.
-- Cuban saying

DonM

I am surprised at the variance in scores!  The only thing I had as a negative was that it wasn't complex, mine was well constructed Ann smoked well too

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.