CG Limited Edition Cigar Release: LIVE!

Started by SenorPablo, 07/11/2015 06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Ok.  I just got word from Antonio.  3 days from now - Wednesday - will be the launch!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

sevencardstud

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Cfickter

:bump: but mostly to say great job on pulling this together Paul!  ready to place my order in 3 days
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mpurtle01

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

jdwaynes1980

Can't wait to try one. Not gonna lie though, pretty bummed about there being no CG band on the cigars. Kinda like buying a cigar and pretending its our own.

Edit: I just noticed the CG logo was on the box, so that's pretty cool.
Roll Tide!

SenorPablo

We just had a 4th review come in for the Cigar.  So far positive feedback.  Still shooting for Wednesday launch.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

MacMac

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 7/12/2015  7:58 PM

Can't wait to try one. Not gonna lie though, pretty bummed about there being no CG band on the cigars. Kinda like buying a cigar and pretending its our own.

Edit: I just noticed the CG logo was on the box, so that's pretty cool.

I'm glad the logo is on the box. Maybe in the future, we'll have the band. I'm not sure but I would imagine designing and printing the band would have add to the cost of the cigar significantly.

Joelala

Paul - Thanks for putting this together. I can't wait!
Joe

Cfickter

It might be nice to mention during the announcement of the cigar now available for purchase that "Geek respect" to allow as many to purchase a box or split if they want to.

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/11/2015  7:35 PM  
Quote05Venturer - 7/11/2015  3:00 PM  Will there be a limit to how many boxes can be purchased right out of the gate?  Just hoping as many Geeks as possible get a chance to get their hands on a box. :thumbsup:
There isn't any limit but hopefully we can work on a bit of a geek honor system.  Or maybe folks will share.  But it won't be public on the ecommerce site.  You'll need to have the link, so hopefully that makes it easier.  -Paul

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Vroomp

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 7/12/2015  7:58 PM  Can't wait to try one. Not gonna lie though, pretty bummed about there being no CG band on the cigars. Kinda like buying a cigar and pretending its our own.  Edit: I just noticed the CG logo was on the box, so that's pretty cool.

There are very few folks that even print bands at reasonable prices and the minimum order is usually around 10,000 at a time. This costs around $700 for simple bands. Although $.07 per cigar doesn't sound like much, the set-up and print time can take up to two months! Plus, with a small batch like this you are looking at a cost of $.70 per cigar to cover band cost for this small run if no further cigars are produced. I for one could care less about the band missing even though it would be nice to have and a good advertising vehicle for the site. Guess we will have to settle for the $7 per box discount it provides instead! :biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

No band is fine with me. I'm just hopeful that I can secure a box!  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Camshaft83

Quotenirab - 7/13/2015  9:51 AM

No band is fine with me. I'm just hopeful that I can secure a box!  :angel:

x2. I don't get paid till Friday so I'm not sure I will be able to get one before they are gone.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

quickme

if someone is willing to split or trade a couple of them I would really be appreciative.  I believe there's a line up and don't know if I'll get a chance to grab some.

Cfickter

I think so long as we all respect the Geek code and limit the initial purchases to a box or two we should be able to cover many of the Geek desires.  I was going to get two but I am willing to back off to one box on the opening day then wait thru the weekend before seeing what may be left.

ninfiction

I'm with Chuck, I was thinking 2 but I definitely don't want someone to end up with none that wants some. And I was thinking if I did grab 2 and then there was a shortage I would offer up 1 box to split or for someone to take whole. I like the idea of waiting out the weekend to get in on a second box.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

cavenbk

Quote05Venturer - 7/13/2015 5:44 PM So where exactly will we order from?

x2  Hopefully I can get my hands on some as well!

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

SenorPablo

They will be posted on the Reinado ecommerce site.

-Paul

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

SenorPablo

Quotentanner - 7/13/2015  7:35 PM

http://www.reinadocigars.com/Store.aspx

Is it this one Paul?

That is the site but the link won't be up until Wednesday.

-Paul

dddddmorgan

Well fudge!!!

I don't get paid till the 25th and I don't know if I can swing a whole box.

Let's see who would split one with me, hmmm?

You could keep the box, I have PayPal if desired ;-)
Molon Labe!

MacMac

I hope to buy a box, but if I can't I'd certainly want to split.

SenorPablo

For those who might have forgotten :shy:, tomorrow the CG Cigar will be released.  :biggrin:

-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.