The Cigar Geeks Arcade is now open!

Started by SenorPablo, 09/26/2009 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi folks.  It's been a little while and I'd finally like to announce another new feature of CG - The Arcade.  It took awhile to develope the system so that it tracks users' games and scores along with high scores.  I think it is at the point where it is ready to release.  I'll continue to add more functionality over time and add new games from time to time.  But there is enough there to keep you distracted for a little while.  :biggrin:  Let me know if you come across any issues.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lowpro75

The FDA will find that providing games on a cigar site is direct marketing to children. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

SenorPablo

Quotelowpro75 - 9/26/2009  5:11 PM

The FDA will find that providing games on a cigar site is direct marketing to children. :biggrin:

You know, sadly, I actually considered that.  But then if we plan our lives around what these nuts might do, we'd never enjoy ourselves.   :confused:

Plus, the registration on the site makes you confirm you are at least 18 years old.  So hopefully that will keep people happy.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

cmmayo

Thanks for the games, Senor!

:thanx:

I suck at games, but it's the thought that counts.

:shades:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

SenorPablo

FYI...the Moon Lander game does not seem to be saving the score correctly.  Not sure what the issue is.  I'll have to dig into it a bit.
-Paul

mountedshriner

Very cool Paul. Nice addition to the site!! :cheer:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

ljlemer

Paul, you're playing games with us. :nono:
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

By the way, I happen to be a Grand Master of the game Bookworm. Anybody ever play that?
My high score is 56 million.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Anthony

Arcade ON a cigar site.  Now I'll never get any schoolwork done.  

Hell, I might not even remember to sleep or eat.
_____

junglepete

Games...that's fun... and just whern I was getting tired o f solitaire :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Anthony

Ok, I've spent too much time in this arcade... :loser:  I have already neglected studying, AND work.
_____

Jackal

I got jipped; played space invaders, beat the high score and got the message

"Your score did not pass the validation test"

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Anthony

QuoteJackal - 9/27/2009  4:40 AM

I've gotten that 3 times on moon lander
_____

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 9/27/2009  5:12 AM

QuoteJackal - 9/27/2009  4:40 AM

I've gotten that 3 times on moon lander

Hmmm...that's not good.  I'll take a look.
-Paul

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

SenorPablo

Ok.  I found the bug.  The sessions on the server were timing out too quickly.  So if you played a game for more than roughly 8 minutes your session would be gone.  This has been pushed to 8 hours.  I doubt anyone will play a game for that long.

The good news is that I was able to enter the game scores that were lost, so there were a couple of high scores included in those:

nukbucko
Space Invaders
Score 77020      (Sorry Jackal, I saw your 32220, but nuck had you beat)

nukbucko
Hexxagon
Score 36

The other scores were entered in the player's record.  At some point soon you'll have access to view your playing records.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you find any other bugs!
-Paul

nukbucko

Damn you Paul now i have no reason to Log off :lmao:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

DonM

As if I didnt spend enough ime in this site already, now we got MORE entertainment :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/27/2009  9:50 AM

Ok.  I found the bug.  The sessions on the server were timing out too quickly.  So if you played a game for more than roughly 8 minutes your session would be gone.  This has been pushed to 8 hours.  I doubt anyone will play a game for that long.

The good news is that I was able to enter the game scores that were lost, so there were a couple of high scores included in those:

nukbucko
Space Invaders

Score 77020      (Sorry Jackal, I saw your 32220, but nuck had you beat)

nukbucko
Hexxagon
Score 36

The other scores were entered in the player's record.  At some point soon you'll have access to view your playing records.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you find any other bugs!
-Paul

Hey Paul, you're killing me with the games. I have a hard enough time getting my ass is gear without an arcade at my fingers. By the way, I scored over 10,000 in Tetrus today bu there is no record of it neither in my play history or in the high scores.  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Quotejunglepete - 9/27/2009  8:41 PM

Hey Paul, you're killing me with the games. I have a hard enough time getting my ass is gear without an arcade at my fingers. By the way, I scored over 10,000 in Tetrus today bu there is no record of it neither in my play history or in the high scores.  :confused:

Hey Pete.  I checked the logs and the best i could find was an entry for 1229.  Is that in your history?

junglepete

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/27/2009  11:09 PM

Quotejunglepete - 9/27/2009  8:41 PM

Hey Pete.  I checked the logs and the best i could find was an entry for 1229.  Is that in your history?

1229 is the score of one of many games of tetris that I have played thus far...In the highest score category I have three entries I think. I just don't know what happened to the game that I got over 10,000 on  :confused: It does not matter to me much, I was just wondering if it was working properly.
Guru of Frugality

mhuss

Damn, that is awesome Paul!  Thanks for the hook-up!  Another great new addition to the site!

Anthony

Hey Paul, looks like you added bookworm - Thanks!

Is it possible to up the high score on moonlander?  I think everyon who's played it scored the max 10,000.

_____

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 9/29/2009  10:45 AM

Hey Paul, looks like you added bookworm - Thanks!

Is it possible to up the high score on moonlander?  I think everyon who's played it scored the max 10,000.

Yes Bookworm was added per Larry's suggestion.  Moon Lnader just appears to be buggy.  It is what it is and I can't alter it.  I'm looking for another one that might work better.
-Paul

Bob Cordell

Is there a trick to getting your high score added? I tied on SIMON and registered a 5th or 6th place in SPACE INVADERS but neither one is showing up on the list.

Its just me isnt it?

:-(
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.