"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

The Cigar Geeks Arcade is now open!

Started by SenorPablo, 09/26/2009 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/29/2009  4:40 PM

Is there a trick to getting your high score added? I tied on SIMON and registered a 5th or 6th place in SPACE INVADERS but neither one is showing up on the list.

Its just me isnt it?

:-(

Its not just you Bob...I'm experiencing the same quirks on Tetris
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Jackal

Bookworm is hit or miss whether it counts your score.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

SenorPablo

Are you guys getting any error messages at all?  Or does it just appear to go through with no issues?  Also, if you can write down the exact score and date/time and send me in a PM that will help me go through the logs and see if I can trace the problem.

Thanks,
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

No error messages whatsoever from my end.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

smoke 1

As if the site wasn't enough to keep you busy, you decided to develop an arcade to eh Paul?  You the man !!!  Thanks for once again showing what a cool community you have created.

-Brian

lowpro75

It seems like posts and reviews have declined since the arcade has been up. :sad:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Jackal

I've given up smoking cigars in favor of playing asteroids  :-0

Bob Cordell

Yeah, Asteroids has got my attention as well...

Thats the first game I remember coming out

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Hound10

I found that if for some reason you have CG open on more than one "Tab" - then the Arcade will not save your score.

Close the other tabs and just have CG on one, problem fixed.
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

SenorPablo

Also, if you have more than 1 Game going at the same time (not sure why you would) it will not save properly either.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

Frogger!  Sweeeet, I'm having flashbacks.
_____

Twinky

Wow, what a time for me to be back on my feet!
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

NES Tek

It looks like the scoring for Lunar Lander is incorrect. It always says 10000 points scored for me. I've gotten to different places so I don't see that being right. Anyone else have this issue?
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Anthony

Majongg issue: game randomly ends before time is up.  

Also, when the game ends is there a way to play again without having to go back to the arcade?
_____

SenorPablo

QuoteNES Tek - 10/15/2009  5:28 PM

It looks like the scoring for Lunar Lander is incorrect. It always says 10000 points scored for me. I've gotten to different places so I don't see that being right. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah.  Lunar Lander scoring is screwed up.  I'll probably just replace it with something else.  I left it there for now just because I always have the high score since no one else can beat 10,000.   :biggrin:   But i'll get rid of it.
-Paul

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 10/24/2009  4:08 AM

Also, when the game ends is there a way to play again without having to go back to the arcade?

I hadn't heard of this one.  I'll take a look.  There's a ton of Majongg hames out there I can't put up instead.
-Paul

junglepete

3 Card Poker Issues....its the only reason I probably have the high score. Its difficult to place bets in the small space provided and the betting seems all wonky. I suspect others have got frustrated with it and just gave up  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

mhuss

Quotejunglepete - 10/24/2009  10:27 AM
3 Card Poker Issues....

Uh oh, now you gone and done it:  put a poker game up there.  Now my Arcade usage will increase.

mcdimond

Oh, man! You had to point out the time wasting section to me... now I'll have to explore that too :-)

Good thing the poker isn't for money :lmao:
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

mhuss

3 Card Poker Issues....its the only reason I probably have the high score. Its difficult to place bets in the small space provided and the betting seems all wonky. I suspect others have got frustrated with it and just gave up  :confused:

Speaking of issues with the 3 Card Poker.  In only the ten mintues or so that I spent playing this morning, on a couple of hands I was only dealt two cards.  Forunately I didn't experience any problems with the betting area, though.  But a couple of the hands I was dealt, I only got two cards.

junglepete

Quotemhuss - 10/24/2009  11:54 AM

Speaking of issues with the 3 Card Poker.  In only the ten mintues or so that I spent playing this morning, on a couple of hands I was only dealt two cards.  Forunately I didn't experience any problems with the betting area, though.  But a couple of the hands I was dealt, I only got two cards.

Oh yeah, that too. The two caed thing has happened a few times to mee as well. Just wait until you have 4000 in the bank and you want to bet 2000...its tough to find the space.
Guru of Frugality

Anthony

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/24/2009  8:58 AM

QuoteAnthony - 10/24/2009  4:08 AM

I hadn't heard of this one.  I'll take a look.  There's a ton of Majongg hames out there I can't put up instead.
-Paul

Figured it out: it's not random. It ends when there are no combinations left to choose.  It would still be nice to start a new game without going back to the arcade though.
_____

MrsPablo

Paul, I cleared all 3 boards on Mahjongg and the game just sat there.  It did not record my score or give an option to do so.  Just get some more Mahjongg game options for me to test.

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 10/27/2009  10:51 AM
 It would still be nice to start a new game without going back to the arcade though.

I'm working on the next version of the arcade.  This will be part of it.  Looking to release by the end of the week.
-Paul

Jackal

Any chance of finding a more complete version of flip words?  The current one gives up after 10 frames.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.