Another use for Xikar Hygrometer

Started by bmac7754, 07/14/2015 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

So the other day it was extremely hot and I normally drive with the windows down but was bringing my son to work and he had dress clothes on so I decided to fire up the AC.  It wasn't working right so I went to the parts store and bought one of those R-134 kits to charge yourself and didn't have a thermometer so I grabbed a Xikar hygrometer from one of the humidors and it worked just great.  Kit cost $40 took about 10 minutes and saved me just about $100 to have it done at a shop around me.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Camshaft83

Very cool.  :biggrin: Thinking I might have to recharge one of my ACs too.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

RH is low, you better recharge youre humidifier too. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

johncw

Cigary

Necessity being the mother of invention....great idea.  These days it's easy to DIY when it comes to recharging your A/C which I did the other day on my SUV.  Had I taken it in I know it would have cost me over $100 and with P/L that would have kicked it up another $50...so I bought the AC Pro....5 minutes later I'm cool as a cucumber for under $20.

bmac7754

QuoteCigary - 7/14/2015  8:01 PM  Necessity being the mother of invention....great idea.  These days it's easy to DIY when it comes to recharging your A/C which I did the other day on my SUV.  Had I taken it in I know it would have cost me over $100 and with P/L that would have kicked it up another $50...so I bought the AC Pro....5 minutes later I'm cool as a cucumber for under $20.

I used the A/C Pro as well.  I paid $40 to get the one with the gauge and hose, but the next time I do one it only will cost $20 for the canister.  My mom already wants me to do her car.  Worked like a charm.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.