The Toys for Tots humidor ...

Started by CTBlankenship, 07/14/2015 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

QuoteMojo66 - 7/20/2015  11:43 AM  

Quote05Venturer - 7/20/2015  10:22 AM  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  There seems to be a picture in your build website that refers to a bit of butthurt??? I am sure it just got misplaced there

What pic is that, I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary? Maybe it was removed?

BTW, looking at the pics, I see that I actually won the name that humidor contest with my "Eye of the Tiger" suggestion but I haven't received any kind of confirmation. I wonder if I should be holding my breath for it?

He removed the pic. 

If it costs $75 to ship a humidor, I can't imagine what he'd charge to ship your prize to the Great White North

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

05Venturer

QuoteMojo66 - 7/20/2015  10:43 AM

Quote05Venturer - 7/20/2015  10:22 AM  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  There seems to be a picture in your build website that refers to a bit of butthurt??? I am sure it just got misplaced there

What pic is that, I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary? Maybe it was removed?

BTW, looking at the pics, I see that I actually won the name that humidor contest with my "Eye of the Tiger" suggestion but I haven't received any kind of confirmation. I wonder if I should be holding my breath for it?

Here is the pic CT had showing off his humidor build :cry:  :cry:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

QuoteLonghorn - 7/17/2015  7:43 PM

CT, let me be very clear with you so there is no misunderstanding beyond this post.

One: You are mistaken. I never struck any kind of agreement or arrangement with you.  Period.  Better check the other thread.

Two: Apparently this slipped by you in the post above.  I don't want any part of a donation that comes with a due bill or strings attached - regardless of how much or how little.  $130 ($55 for brass hinges and $75 for shipping) is a steep price for someone to pay for the privilege of raffling off a "donated" item.

Three: I don't have exclusivity for raising funds for Toys for Tots and you're more than welcome to raffle your humidor on the site and make a donation to a wonderful cause - I hope you will.

I have to agree with Brad, Toys for Tots is a non profit gig for needy kids. Donations are tax deductible, but expecting to recoup expenses incurred doesn't make it a donation. A raffle would be more appropiate, but after seeing how this is going down, I don't need another humidor. Good luck to you

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

I will be in the market for a custom made humidor soon...I can check one vendor off my list... :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

It is going to be a beautiful humidor!  ... Oh well.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.