Cigar Geeks Fantasy Football (collecting prize packs)

Started by johncw, 07/29/2015 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

Glad to have you aboard guys!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

chief791

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know that I started an NFL SURVIVOR POOL. Everyone in this league is welcome to join in. Check outy thread for info. It is real simple to play and should be alot of fun. Sign up. The more the merrier.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

chacocii

I demand a recount! Hanging chads or something.
Twitter: @chacocii

BewareDaPenguin

Looking forward to it...what are we thinking about a draft time n date I've got a few coming up in the next couple of weeks
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

05Venturer

:bump:
Any ideas on a draft time/date yet???
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

I waiting for some more votes... So far the online draft has it by a nose. So I guess we will go that route unless we can't find a time and date that most can make it.
Personally weekends are bad for me not sure about everyone else so would prefer a weekday. So going to through a few dates out and see what we can do.

8/24 - 7:30pm CST
8/25 - 7:30pm CST
8/31 - 7:30pm CST
9/1 - 7:30pm CST
9/2- 7:30pm CST
9/3- 7:30pm CST
9/7 - 7:30pm CST

Like I said if these dates don't work the times can change but we don't have a lot of time unless anyone is interested in an early Saturday or Sunday draft.

StogieDad

7:30 is best on a Monday or Wednesday for me, so my vote would be 08/24, 08/31, or 09/02.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kman

I voted for 9/1 on the site, but I can make any of the days work other than 8/31. I like the 7:30 start time but not sure how that will affect anyone farther to the west.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

DRuff

Online draft is good, any of those dates work

nirab

These are the only two dates that I am available. I will be out of town from August 27th-Sept 6th, with no internet during that time.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Quotenirab - 8/18/2015  1:04 PM

These are the only two dates that I am available. I will be out of town from August 27th-Sept 6th, with no internet during that time.

Based on everything I'm seeing so far 8/24 is the best date... 6 geeks are good with the date so far.
Johncw any day
Nirab 8/24, 9/7
Druff any day
Stogiedad 8/24, 8/31, 9/02
Kman any but 8/31
Danb6177 8/24 or 8/25
05Venturer any week days
Bewaredapenguin any week days.

05Venturer

I can most likely make any of these work, 7:30 on a weeknight should only interfere with my Google Herfin' LOL
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

Any one of those is fine with me as well, weekdays are easier for me 7:30pm works fine...
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Kman

Just to be aware.... the 7:30 time is CST. Public service announcement over.

05Venturer

So the FF noob has a few questions on the draft

Will it be

Roster   Scoring   Draft Format
 Default     Default   Standard

And how much time should I figure for the draft??

I truthfully have no idea on any of this :confused:

The reason I ask is I am trying a couple mock drafts to figure it out a bit
Kent

johncw

Kent,

Go to the league and go to settings.

There is a list that shows you starting lineup and then below that tells you the scoring. For the most part they are pretty standard. I added in a few bonuses.

Best thing to do before the draft is make sure you know who is hurt and suspended. You can go in and edit the pre draft list and that should show up when your drafting.
Make sure you log on early if you have any questions we can try and help you understand how the draft format works. You won't know which draft position you are in until right before the draft it will be randomly done.

The draft will go round 1....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12... Round 2... 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...Round 3...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
and so on.

You also might want to get on the site and do a mock draft that will get you used to the screen and how it will work... Best of all it doesn't count and gets you some practice and maybe an idea of how the draft might fall.

Kman

How much time did we have in between picks last year? It seemed like it was a little too fast. I mean I think we were done in like an hour or less, but if felt a little too rushed. What are our options with that?

johncw

I updated it to 90 seconds... i think last year was 60 seconds... I can go to 2mins but after that it's getting way to long.

Kman

Quotejohncw - 8/20/2015  11:02 AM  I updated it to 90 seconds... i think last year was 60 seconds... I can go to 2mins but after that it's getting way to long.

I think 90 seconds should be good. Thanks John

jharrisx5

Hey guys...I will do my best to be on in time...7:30CST should be 5:30 here in CA so just have to be home from work in time....

If I'm late, will it autodraft for me based on my rankings until I can get signed in?
Puff Puff Give....

johncw

Quotejharrisx5 - 8/20/2015  6:12 PM

Hey guys...I will do my best to be on in time...7:30CST should be 5:30 here in CA so just have to be home from work in time....

If I'm late, will it autodraft for me based on my rankings until I can get signed in?

yes... i can also ask everyone to take their time in the first round it try and stall for you unless you are one of the 1st picks so i would get your first 24 or so picks set up.

05Venturer

Kent

danb6177

Quote05Venturer - 8/24/2015  7:48 PM

40 minutes till Go time :biggrin:
Oh yes.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.