College Pick em

Started by chief791, 08/02/2015 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artman556

05Venturer

Saturdays are far more meaningful starting today!!! :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Quoteartman556 - 9/4/2015  5:57 PM

i will join

Picks for the week locked yesterday morning.  You would be a week behind in points but I guess I don't see the harm if you are OK with that?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

What a fun Saturday!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 9/6/2015  7:12 AM

What a fun Saturday!

Argh! For some reason I thought they put the highest confidence at the top of the list, not the bottom!

Have some digging to do now!   :cry:

05Venturer

QuoteLonghorn - 9/6/2015  7:48 AM

What a fun Saturday!

Argh! For some reason I thought they put the highest confidence at the top of the list, not the bottom!

x2 I did the same damn thing  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
I could have sworn that number 1 confident pick went on top??
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nwb

Quote05Venturer - 9/6/2015  8:53 AM
What a fun Saturday!

Oh man, I did the same thing.  I could have sworn that the #1 confidence pick got 10 points and down the list from there.  Did they change it from last year?

That's 12 points lost....... :angry:
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

Not too bad the first week, top 5 were all good, lost on two upsets.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Quotenwb - 9/6/2015  11:18 AM

Quote05Venturer - 9/6/2015  8:53 AM
What a fun Saturday!

Oh man, I did the same thing.  I could have sworn that the #1 confidence pick got 10 points and down the list from there.  Did they change it from last year?

That's 12 points lost....... :angry:

Does anyone else remember from last year it being different? Like basically the complete opposite of the way it works now> :confused:  :confused:
Kent

artman556

please pm me with the info thanks

05Venturer

Quoteartman556 - 9/6/2015  2:58 PM

please pm me with the info thanks

Season started already brother, week 1 is already in the books. Not sure about joining in after the season has begun.
Kent

MiaFLSurf

They did reverse it from last year.

I had to triple check every pick cuz at first I had it from top to bottom too.

Very annoying.
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

chief791

This is my 3rd year in this pool. It did not change. The number is the amount of points you will receive, not the confidence level.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

mike.casey

Well, I don't know I'd it changed or not, but I didn't rank a thing. When I figured it out, it would've swung me by about 7 points. Oh well 1 week probably won't kill anyone.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

05Venturer

Quotechief791 - 9/6/2015  5:56 PM

This is my 3rd year in this pool. It did not change. The number is the amount of points you will receive, not the confidence level.

Was maybe the 10 at the top last year, I think that is what I remember.  :confused:
Kent

chief791

It could have been. I don't remember if it was top or bottom.

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

nwb

Quote05Venturer - 9/6/2015  8:46 PM
Quotechief791 - 9/6/2015  5:56 PM

Was maybe the 10 at the top last year, I think that is what I remember.  :confused:

That was it I think.

It stinks that I didn't pay attention, but at least half the field did the same. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

johncw

What a fun Saturday!

I did the same thing Brad!

Longhorn

Glad I'm not the only one that did that!   :blech:

mike.casey

I had a terrible week picking winners, but actually did as well as last week on points because I did a better job seeding them. Meanwhile MiaFLsurf looks untouchable.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cfickter

Last year it was 10 top to 1 bottom. I never noticed. It has cost me about 15 pts
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

Quotemike.casey - 9/13/2015  4:14 PM

Meanwhile MiaFLsurf looks untouchable.

X2... This.

MiaFLSurf

I did really well 2 years ago, I won I think 3 of 4 checkpoints.  Last year I sucked.

Im sure Ill drop a turd in the next week or two to screw it all up.
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

chief791

Quotemike.casey - 9/13/2015  4:14 PM  I had a terrible week picking winners, but actually did as well as last week on points because I did a better job seeding them. Meanwhile MiaFLsurf looks untouchable.

I don't know about being untouchable. It is only week 3. Lot's of football left.

Buford T. Justice

StogieDad

Alright alright.  We have our checkpoint 1 winner, MiaFLSurf.  Congrats my man.  Everybody please get their fiver on the way out and post when sent here.  Let's set a date of next Tuesday if there is a problem just let me know.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.