To Cob or not to Cob...

Started by gitfiddl, 08/07/2015 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Quoteninfiction - 8/25/2016  11:47 AM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 8/25/2016  4:42 AM

Quoteninfiction - 8/24/2016  10:40 AM

I always thought pipes looked cool and the idea of the pipe is up my alley obviously, but I'm not big on infused/flavored whatever so I've never smoked a pipe. Maybe I should change that, if for nothing else it would give me a reason to own some pipes.

I'm not a fan of infused cigars; however, there are multiple aromatic pipe tobacco's that I enjoy. With that said, there is a large variety of pipe tobacco's; traditional English blends, Balkan/Latakia blends, Virginia blends, Virginia/Perique blends, Virginia/Burley blends, Burley blends etc.

Also some blends just smoke better in a cob compared to briar or meerschaum. Blends such as Granger, Sir Walter Raleigh, Carter Hall etc. to me and many pipe smokers taste better in a cob, so it's always good to have a cob or 12 in your collection.

That sounds like a rabbit hole that goes on and on, that being said I did find myself "pipe shopping" last night. No purchases but man you guys are a bad influence.

It's as bad a rabbit-hole as cigars, trust me!  I'm afraid to count my pipes and jars/tins of tobacco.  I'd guess I'm at well over 80 pipes and 200 4oz jars of tobacco I've "cellared" away.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

metalhead y cigarguy

Yes, its a giant rabbit hole.  I went from buying cigars frequently to buying tins of pipe tobacco and pipes frequently.  In 5 years of smoking pipes, I currently have 40 pipes, over 70 sealed tins of tobacco, and 75 mason jars of tobacco that I smoke from. I went from smoking 3-5 cigars a week while enjoying a pipe about 3-5 times a month to smoking 3-5 cigars a month and smoking my pipes 3-5 times a week.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.