Bombing Run Pass

Started by bmac7754, 08/09/2015 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

I'm on vacation 9/9 - 9/13 and 9/23 - 9/28, so earlier on in the process would be more convenient for me as well. :)
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

johncw

Just sent a request sounds like a cool idea!

Cfickter

Great idea, thanks for the invite, I am in
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bmac7754

Quotejohncw - 8/10/2015  2:18 PM  Just sent a request sounds like a cool idea!

You are in John, Thank you

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

danb6177

I go on to Michigan tomorrow and will be back on Monday so I'm good to go after that
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Fran95

Requested to join... It may be a while to ship but I'm sure it will all go smoothly with the help of Bmac's moderating.

Kman

This sounds cool. Just sent a request Brian
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

Wow this is going to be a full one.  You are in fran95 and Kerry, thank you..
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Jay'D

Ok so let me get this straight, the will be an actual box going from one individual to the next and the next person will not know they are next until they get hit? And you can take and put as you feel like from the box when you get it? Am I right???
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

bmac7754

QuoteJay'D - 8/10/2015  6:12 PM  Ok so let me get this straight, the will be an actual box going from one individual to the next and the next person will not know they are next until they get hit? And you can take and put as you feel like from the box when you get it? Am I right???

No it's going to be bombing practice. Say I send you 5 cigars you accept all 5 as a bomb. Then you pick your next person and send them what you want, so on and so on.  And correct the next person won't know they are next until they get their mail. 

Longhorn

OK... this one is a cool pass.  Thanks for the originality, Brian.  I'm in.

Longhorn

Brian, could I have the honor of going first?  :biggrin:  :shooter:

StogieDad

QuoteLonghorn - 8/10/2015  6:52 PM

I think I know your game....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 8/10/2015  6:53 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 8/10/2015  6:52 PM

I think I know your game....:biggrin:

:angel:

bmac7754

QuoteLonghorn - 8/10/2015  6:52 PM  Brian, could I have the honor of going first?  :biggrin:  :shooter:

Thanks for joining Brad, and oh hell ya you can go first. Probably get this rolling in the next couple days once we see who is playing and away and what not

bmac7754

Just to clear this up, there is not box being passed around. Since it's only 5-7 smokes everyone can ship in their own box.  First class is fairly cheap takes only 1 extra day than priority. A small flat rate box works fine too. Or if the box didn't blow up in your mailbox you can reuse the one sent to you. Padded envelopes don't work well, I've had some come to me and the post office doesn't handle them very well.

Longhorn

Quotebmac7754 - 8/10/2015  7:46 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 8/10/2015  6:52 PM  Brian, could I have the honor of going first?  :biggrin:  :shooter:

Thanks for joining Brad, and oh hell ya you can go first. Probably get this rolling in the next couple days once we see who is playing and away and what not

Fire. Ready. Aim?

Just say when!    :thumbsup:

headfirst

Man this is going to be a fun one to follow...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Camshaft83

I think it's time for me to do another pass and this one sounds cool. Request sent.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

Interesting idea, I am definitely in if there is still room. Great idea Brian.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Jay'D

Ok got you Brian....so how do you sign up....should be fun for my first pass and my kinda pass to....let the bombs drop.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Kman

Hey Brian, we were talking about this on the herf and you're going to have to find a way to handle how the first person that gets bombed is handled. We think you're going to need to take that person off the list as well as the person they bombed until the very end and the last person in the pass will bomb the first person to close the loop. Otherwise you will get situations where you're constantly needing to restart the pass because the loop has been closed prematurely and you need to restart fresh with someone who hasn't been bombed yet.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

benchjockey

QuoteJay'D - 8/10/2015  9:18 PM  Ok got you Brian....so how do you sign up....should be fun for my first pass and my kinda pass to....let the bombs drop.

Go to the main page. On the right side, under Open Cigar Passes, click on "request to join" under Bombing Run Pass. 

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

bmac7754

QuoteKman - 8/10/2015  9:22 PM  Hey Brian, we were talking about this on the herf and you're going to have to find a way to handle how the first person that gets bombed is handled. We think you're going to need to take that person off the list as well as the person they bombed until the very end and the last person in the pass will bomb the first person to close the loop. Otherwise you will get situations where you're constantly needing to restart the pass because the loop has been closed prematurely and you need to restart fresh with someone who hasn't been bombed yet.

You are absolutely right. So longhorn is starting and whoever he bombs (God rest their soul) will be the first person in the history, do fake puts and takes. Brad won't be the first person in transaction because he is still available to get bombed. I think Brad will have to be taken off the list and he will move to the very end.   I think this works. 

horrido

Thanks for doing the pass do we send you the persons name first? Then you mark them off or does the person need to receive first.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.