Bombing Run Pass

Started by bmac7754, 08/09/2015 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

I might have to be a mathematician to make this work, I hope this goes well. We got 20 so far, nice turnout. Going to close this Wednesday and get things in order. By the way Pictures in this thread are a must, no pic it didn't happen. Please make it easy for the receiver by making a list of what they are getting, if you are like me I get confused with unfamiliar smokes.  

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Quotehorrido - 8/10/2015  9:34 PM  Thanks for doing the pass do we send you the persons name first? Then you mark them off or does the person need to receive first.

Let them receive it and I'll update this list and the participant order as we go along. You can send me the name if you want to but I would rather not know and watch the surprise landings too. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bigjohn20081983

I'm in. This seems like a good pass to get my feet wet with also.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

bmac7754

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 8/10/2015  10:07 PM  I'm in. This seems like a good pass to get my feet wet with also.

Thanks John, now it's a party 

:dancing:

millarddj

So, just so I'm clear. When we receive bombs, we are to post the pictures (and gratitude) in this thread rather than the standard bombing thread?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

MacMac

Brian, Thanks for the invitation! This will be a fun pass!
Joe
 :cheer:
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Fran95

22 people in so far, this is gonna be interesting   :biggrin:

Jay'D

I'm in if its not to late, request sent.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

horrido

How do we know not to receive double bombs etc I am thinking if 2 people sent a package to the same person it could be possible.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

bigjohn20081983

Quotehorrido - 8/10/2015  11:37 PM  How do we know not to receive double bombs etc I am thinking if 2 people sent a package to the same person it could be possible.

From what I understand he is going to mark somehow who has been chosen or remove them from the list once they are picked so that they don't get chose twice. the only issue I see is if someone chooses to Bomb the 1st bomber in the middle a restart would have to happen with who is left.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

horrido

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 8/10/2015  9:43 PM

Quotehorrido - 8/10/2015  11:37 PM  How do we know not to receive double bombs etc I am thinking if 2 people sent a package to the same person it could be possible.

From what I understand he is going to mark somehow who has been chosen or remove them from the list once they are picked so that they don't get chose twice. the only issue I see is if someone chooses to Bomb the 1st bomber in the middle a restart would have to happen with who is left.

Ok that makes sense I could just picture a person getting 2 or 3 if someone is not off the list. ... Now that would be an atomic bomb....lol.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

bigjohn20081983

:lmao:  Has anyone looked at the list of seed cigars.  :lmao:  

Current List of Cigars
1.    I'm not telling you
2.    It's a surprise
3.    Open you mail and you will see
4.    Stop asking me
5.    Wait until its your turn
Aldous Huxley

Raul Julia

BewareDaPenguin

Thanks for the invite BMac, gonna sit this out great idea for a pass and looks like a stellar turnout man that's great. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, you are right you are going to need your math skills for this one lol good luck brotha :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Jay'D

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 8/10/2015  11:43 PM

Well they have figured this out also, the first bomber would have to be the last to receive so that it doesn't all start over again. His name will be removed from the last along with the first person to get bomb, then at the end he will receive the final bomb to end it all. I think thats how it goes....but i was wondering if it wouldnt be easier to just let the person that got bomb go next and pick his target from the list of available bombees? It would just mean that the last person left wouldn't have a choice but to bomb the person that started it off...  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

horrido

This is going to to a lot of fun plus crazy looking forward to mayhem.
-- Cuban saying

Longhorn

QuoteKman - 8/10/2015  9:22 PM

Hey Brian, we were talking about this on the herf and you're going to have to find a way to handle how the first person that gets bombed is handled. We think you're going to need to take that person off the list as well as the person they bombed until the very end and the last person in the pass will bomb the first person to close the loop. Otherwise you will get situations where you're constantly needing to restart the pass because the loop has been closed prematurely and you need to restart fresh with someone who hasn't been bombed yet.

Good point... I volunteered to go first... so I'll take the last hit.   :thumbsup:

bmac7754

Quotemillarddj - 8/10/2015  10:44 PM  So, just so I'm clear. When we receive bombs, we are to post the pictures (and gratitude) in this thread rather than the standard bombing thread?
Yes please post pics in this thread so we can see and remember what was sent.  Also each person please leave "bomber feedback" for the person who sent you the pass.

quickme

looking forward to seeing this pass go around

bmac7754

Wow this filled up fast, we have 26 and I think I'm going to close it so we get this done before Christmas, lol.  Below is the list of potential bombing people.  As somebody gets hit I will update and remove them from the list.  This will take some work from some geeks to make this work.  Because we don't know where its going, when a bomb lands I will update the pass order so that person is up.  This person will do their fake "puts" and "takes" but don't transition it to another person just yet.  After this person bombs the next Geek I will update the order again, and the original person will then transition it to the person they bombed, then rinse and repeat. Longhorn will throw the first bomb but wont be doing any transitioning, it will start with his person bombed.  By the way, Longhorn will be the last person in play that way we don't have to restart the pass.  So he will not be in play and forced to receive the last bomb.  But of course he you wan't to bomb him on the sidelines, go right ahead.

Remember we are not breaking the bank here, please try to keep it to 5-7 cigars within the price range.  Bomb whomever you want from the available list only, and remember to post pics in this pass thread as well as leave "bomber" feedback for your bomber.  I will also leave "pass" feedback for everyone at the end.  Because of the large turnout lets try to get back in the mail as soon as possible. Good luck all and thanks for playing, fingers crossed this should go smoothly.

If any of the newer guys need help getting an address feel free to PM me, I won't say anything. There are a few Geeks not in the States, don't be afraid of leaving the border.

Brad you wanted to fire off this Friday, but if you want to sooner that's ok too, your call.

The List:

bmac7754

StogieDad

ninfiction

05Venturer

Cfickter

appollo

Joelala

nirab (not available 8/27 to 9/6)

horrido

danb6177 (not available 8/11 to 8/17)

clami

headfirst

Vroomp

millarddj (not available 9/9 to 9/13 & 9/23 to 9/28)

johncw

Fran95

Kman

Camshaft

ntanner

bighohn20081983

MacMac

cmbrose

Jay'D

DRuff

cigarplace (Jessica)

Longhorn (Not available, Takes last turn)

millarddj

Kudos on good organization of what's quickly become a big project, Brian. I am more excited for this than my family trip to Chicago.   :smoker2:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

bmac7754

Also Please make note in your box that this is the bombing run pass so the person getting it doesn't think its a random bomb.

ninfiction

Awesome job putting this together. I bet it'll go smoother than anticipated, even with the huge group.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Jay'D

Quoteninfiction - 8/11/2015  3:47 PM

Awesome job putting this together. I bet it'll go smoother than anticipated, even with the huge group.

Yeah after reading it over for like the tenth time i got it now  :biggrin: you can't bomb until you have been bombed and only those who havent been bombed you're supposed to bomb  :bigthumbs:

bmac7754

QuoteJay'D - 8/11/2015  3:58 PM  
Quoteninfiction - 8/11/2015  3:47 PM  Awesome job putting this together. I bet it'll go smoother than anticipated, even with the huge group.
Yeah after reading it over for like the tenth time i got it now  :biggrin: you can't bomb until you have been bombed and only those who havent been bombed you're supposed to bomb  :bigthumbs:

you got it, one at a time.  I suggest everyone should have an idea who they want ahead of time assuming they are still there.  That way you can have some cigars ready to go

appollo

This should be fun looking forword to seeing the pics  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.