boxdom

Started by ripper, 08/15/2015 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripper

photo 5 Vegas Limitada 2015 box.png.jpeg

Am a sucker for cigar boxes. Love the graphics, heft and allure of a well-made cigar box, especially if the smokes are good.

One of the best I've seen is the beautiful hardwoods box of 5 Vegas Limitada 2015. Just grabbed a box from cigar.com

From the CI website:

"Adding to the experience is the box – a substantial, handcrafted piece created with rare and exotic hardwoods. Constructed by carefully selecting the most beautiful woods Central America has to offer. Farmer's painstakingly scoured the jungles and mountains of the Condega Valley in search of the most durable and dense wood in existence...the Palo de Arco, or 'Steel Stick.' Sandwiched between these beautifully-grained hardwoods is the softer, lighter-weight, almost white, Aceituna. This collector’s piece is then finished with rich and aromatic Spanish cedar."

Have added images of a few of my favorite smokes in their exceptional boxes -- Pinolero Maduro, Liga Undercrown and LG Diez 2008. Is better for this old Bart to use retailers' website photos. Am a spaz with the cellphone camera. The LG Diez image is one of the last I tried to snap. Easier to copy and paste.

Functionally disorganized

appollo

benchjockey

Some good lookers there.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Fran95

Those are nice, sometimes when I go to a cigar shop they'll have empty boxes for sale or free and I pick up the ones that I think look cool. I use them for storing random things like cigar bands, accessories, etc.  Here is a very cool box (but also incredibly expensive) I learned about yesterday.

Cfickter

Some nice looking boxes, especially that second post
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

toby2

those are nice.

ntanner

There is something special about a quality box that look's nice.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Kman

I agree on the boxes. The Camacho Liberty boxes are some of my favorites
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Fran95

Gurkha makes some interesting boxes...I don't know if you would call this a box though, more like a chest.

headfirst

That LG box is a nice one!

And no wonder a box of Gurkha is so overpriced!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

horrido

Yup some cool box designs out there you do have a nice one.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Longhorn

Cigar art is some of the most interesting artwork out there - sometimes the small details, images, lettering, etc. hold a special meaning for the brand or vitola represented... great looking boxes above!

MacMac

Very nice box!! Good smokes, too!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

sevencardstud

Lol I love the "chest" the best.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

MIngmire

Those Camacho boxes are beautiful and love the chest.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -Elbert Hubbard

STL_Cohiba

Damn those are very nice
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

gitfiddl

I've only bought a handful of full boxes of cigars, but I have purchased plenty of empty boxes.  I use them to store everything from guitar parts to gun brushes.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.