One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what
their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came
up -- fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor,
lawyer, and so forth.

However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically
quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he
finally replied, 'Okay...my father's an exotic
dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in
front of other men and they put money in his underwear.
Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with
some guy and stay with him all night for money..'

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly
set the other children to work on some exercises and then
took little Justin aside to ask him,

'Is that really true about your father?'

'No', the boy said, 'He actually works for the
Democratic National Committee and helped get Barack Obama
elected President last year, but I was too embarrassed to
say that in front of the class.'
I'm running for President. Please vote for me!

Ken Kelley

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   Now the fun starts!   :fencing:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

Oh, wait, let me get my popcorn....

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Yeah, we need a popcorn icon!

mountedshriner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ljlemer

There's a difference between a a funny joke and using the joke format to take a nasty partisan dig at the political party you don't like. That's not funny, just provocative and mean spirited.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Anthony

Quoteljlemer - 10/15/2009  4:03 AM

There's a difference between a a funny joke and using the joke format to take a nasty partisan dig at the political party you don't like. That's not funny, just provocative and mean spirited.

:word:
_____

gitfiddl

I liked it.  :biggrin:  If it helps, you can pretend the kid's dad is Bo Snerdley and the kid doesn't want to tell the class his dad works for Rush Limbaugh...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Check out my quote below....words I live by.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Fair enough. It was all ment in fun and if the moderators of this board feel that a political joke it out of line here then please feel free to delete it. If any senior members feels that I am out of line please feel free to PM and explain themselves.

All-in-all this was merely just a joke, nothing more nothing less. :cheers:

lowpro75

You don't have to agree with it to find it funny.  I think you're fine 360 unless you have some sort of sinister political agenda that you are trying to push on us. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Ken Kelley

Quote360 - 10/15/2009  8:26 AM

Fair enough. It was all ment in fun and if the moderators of this board feel that a political joke it out of line here then please feel free to delete it. If any senior members feels that I am out of line please feel free to PM and explain themselves.

All-in-all this was merely just a joke, nothing more nothing less. :cheers:

Don't worry about it!  Nobody here gets seriously bent out of shape about stuff like this, although there are a few that are a little sensitive about their favorite jackass!  :biggrin:

Quotelowpro75 - 10/15/2009  8:44 AM

You don't have to agree with it to find it funny.  I think you're fine 360 unless you have some sort of sinister political agenda that you are trying to push on us. :biggrin:

No sinister political agenda. I'm a here to indulge in the discussion of cigars, liquors, beers, and life.....and to convince everyone of you to vote for me as President in three years!  :usa:  I do swear, upon this day, that I will do everyone of my speeches with a cigar in hand to gain the support of all B/SOTL across America!   :cheer:  And as I step onto Airforce 1, with a cigar in my teeth :smoker: , this will be my parting symbol  :victory: just like Reagan.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Bob Cordell

I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

qman22

:violin:

lighten up man

if you can't laugh about politics, what can you laugh at?
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

Jackal

Quote360 - 10/15/2009  6:03 AM

No sinister political agenda. I'm a here to indulge in the discussion of cigars, liquors, beers, and life.....and to convince everyone of you to vote for me as President in three years!  :usa:  I do swear, upon this day, that I will do everyone of my speeches with a cigar in hand to gain the support of all B/SOTL across America!   :cheer:  And as I step onto Airforce 1, with a cigar in my teeth :smoker: , this will be my parting symbol  :victory: just like Reagan.

You got my vote.

QuoteJackal - 10/15/2009  11:18 AM

Quote360 - 10/15/2009  6:03 AM

You got my vote.

Thanks Jackal! I appreciate the support. I am working on my campaign right now. So far my supporters are Ted Nugent, Ron White, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! :bigthumbs:

If anyone wants there cigar seen on National TV in support of Yours Truly, I am taking donations  :biggrin:  :lmao:

ljlemer

Quoteqman22 - 10/15/2009  9:07 AM

lighten up man

I could've laughed at that joke during the Bush Jr presidency if it had been about Bush, but that wouldn't have made it less provocative in our highly polarized country. When you go too far against either side, you're insulting about half the readership.

Obama hasn't been president long enough to seriously screw things up. He's been spending most of his time cleaning up Bush's mess, the economy. He's actually turned out to be very middle of the road and that has disappointed many liberals, myself included. His non-confrontationalism is getting tiring. He kept Bush's military and economic leaders in place and has mostly gone along with them. He's about to escalate in Afghanistan, probably, which I support 100%, even though it'll probably end up failing, but we gotta try, IMO.

When I hear people sounding like they hate this guy who goes out of his way to accommodate both sides, always looking for a bipartisan way out of things, who never has an unkind word (which makes him look like he has no balls, admittedly), all I can think is it's got to be because he's (half) black.

Could they be hating him so much over health care reform? Because the rest of the world loves him? Because they really do believe those lies about him being born abroad? Like the FBI didn't check that out?

I can laugh at political jokes that both sides can laugh about. Like Monica jokes.

Thomas Mann

Jackal

Larry, no matter who is president people are going to make jokes about him.  The president has the highest visibility office in the land and is, thus,  the number one target for jokes.  

I remember similar jokes about Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford (that's as far back as I remember, but I am sure they made them about Nixon, LBJ.....Buchanan, Lincoln.....Jefferson...Adams, and Washington).

Somehow Bush and Clinton won two terms each so they had the votes, but I remember cruel jokes about both of them.  That is the price of being president.  It comes with the office.  It comes with the protection provided by the first Amendment, and I wouldn't have it changed for anything (same goes for all of the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution).

Quoteljlemer - 10/15/2009  11:41 AM

Quoteqman22 - 10/15/2009  9:07 AM

lighten up man

I could've laughed at that joke during the Bush Jr presidency if it had been about Bush, but that wouldn't have made it less provocative in our highly polarized country. When you go too far against either side, you're insulting about half the readership.

Obama hasn't been president long enough to seriously screw things up. He's been spending most of his time cleaning up Bush's mess, the economy. He's actually turned out to be very middle of the road and that has disappointed many liberals, myself included. His non-confrontationalism is getting tiring. He kept Bush's military and economic leaders in place and has mostly gone along with them. He's about to escalate in Afghanistan, probably, which I support 100%, even though it'll probably end up failing, but we gotta try, IMO.

When I hear people sounding like they hate this guy who goes out of his way to accommodate both sides, always looking for a bipartisan way out of things, who never has an unkind word (which makes him look like he has no balls, admittedly), all I can think is it's got to be because he's (half) black.

Could they be hating him so much over health care reform? Because the rest of the world loves him? Because they really do believe those lies about him being born abroad? Like the FBI didn't check that out?

I can laugh at political jokes that both sides can laugh about. Like Monica jokes.

It's Larry right? Can I call you Larry? I'm Joe, or SGT Hull, or 360...whichever you want to call me is fine. You automatically assume that because I make a joke with the punch line being about our President, my Commander in Chief, that I automatically do not like the guy. As Jackal stated, every President has had jokes made about them.

You say that you could have laughed at the joke if it had been about Bush Jr. Bush held the same postion as Obama is currently. What makes it any less wrong to make a joke about Bush than it is about Obama? I see nothing that does. It is still a joke about our President reguardless of who is in office.

"When I hear people sounding like they hate this guy who goes out of his way to accommodate both sides, always looking for a bipartisan way out of things, who never has an unkind word (which makes him look like he has no balls, admittedly), all I can think is it's got to be because he's (half) black."<----- Right here you automatically assume that I am prejudice and racial. This I do not appreciate but again, as Jackal stated above, your 1st Ammendment right allows you to say that and I fight for that right. I've had worse things said to my face and have thick skin, but such assumptions are less than thought out fully in my opinion. YMMV

This was nothing more than a joke I found humorous and felt it worthy to share with the community. I'm not here to fight political views with anyone. I'm here for the fellowship of people here that share a common interest and love for cigars. This is one of the fews enjoyments I have being over here in Iraq. So lets agree to disagree on our political views, Larry, and let it rest so that we can get back to life, love and the meaning of!

stogie_foggie

Seems to me, there has been more than enough bad feelings and misunderstandings going on around here lately.  Whatever happened to talking about cigars and listening to Bob's drunken ramblings?  I was told long ago... "never argue politics or religion"... damn good advice, if you ask me.  Personally, I'm on a "wait and see" attitiude with Barry.

BTW, thanks for your service, Joe.  Proud to know you.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

gitfiddl

Well said, Joe!  Now you definitely have my vote :cheer:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

rkarkada

Well put Joe!  It was just a joke, and should be taken at face value.  No one here is trying to attacking anyone' s political party.  People should stop taking things, especially something so silly as a joke, so personal.  

Glad to have you on the site.

Best,
Rich

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 10/15/2009  1:06 PM

I was told long ago... "never argue politics or religion"... damn good advice, if you ask me.  

Amen! Always tread lightly on those two subjects. You can mention them, but never draw blood.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.