"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

rkarkada

QuoteBob Cordell - 10/15/2009  1:14 PM

Bob?

Drunken?

Rambling?

Me?

Yeah Bob, we miss your random ramblings about your drunken weekends.  They were quite funny!!

:biggrin:

ljlemer

Quote360 - 10/15/2009  12:22 PM

It's Larry right? Can I call you Larry?

We are all on a first name or screen name basis.

You say that you could have laughed at the joke if it had been about Bush Jr. Bush held the same position as Obama is currently. What makes it any less wrong to make a joke about Bush than it is about Obama? I see nothing that does. It is still a joke about our President regardless of who is in office.

********I said it would have been just as mean. Reread what I said. Obviously we all laugh at the other side when in a group of fellow believers. Here we are fellow believers in the joys of cigars. It's a shame that in life we usually have to remind ourselves where we are and with whom we are speaking before opening our mouths, but that's just reality. We talk differently in the presence of women, children, the boss, the police, and the clergy.

"When I hear people sounding like they hate this guy who goes out of his way to accommodate both sides, always looking for a bipartisan way out of things, who never has an unkind word (which makes him look like he has no balls, admittedly), all I can think is it's got to be because he's (half) black."<----- Right here you automatically assume that I am prejudice and racial. This I do not appreciate but again, as Jackal stated above, your 1st Ammendment right allows you to say that and I fight for that right. I've had worse things said to my face and have thick skin, but such assumptions are less than thought out fully in my opinion. YMMV

*******I realize mentioning race at all opens a can of worms, but I really don't mean you or anyone else is racist in any extreme sense. Our society is racist and we all are affected by it to some extent. You can adore women and not feel right about a woman president. You can be pro-civil rights and still feel nervous about Obama's finger on the nuclear button.

This was nothing more than a joke I found humorous and felt it worthy to share with the community. I'm not here to fight political views with anyone. I'm here for the fellowship of people here that share a common interest and love for cigars. This is one of the fews enjoyments I have being over here in Iraq. So lets agree to disagree on our political views, Larry, and let it rest so that we can get back to life, love and the meaning of!

*******Yes, we have to let it go. After all, we don't dislike each other because we disagree on this. Let's light up and have fun.

Please read the parts above that start: *******. They are inside the post I'm replying to.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.