A cold wintery hello from Canada

Started by xyko, 10/18/2009 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xyko

Recently joined the site, I am from British Columbia, Canada.  I am 25 and have been smoking cigars with great enthusiasm for 7 years and my wife even encourages it.  You can be sure to find many cigar reviews from me as time marches on.  That is if I can find time between 2 jobs and 3 kids.

Some of my favorite smokes are;

Gurkha Titan
Gurkha Legend
Gurkha Triple Ligero
Gurkha Grand Reserve
MAXX Ego
Oliva V
Trinidad Fundadore (CUBA)

I am looking forward to discussing and reviewing cigars here.

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

junglepete

Quotexyko - 10/18/2009  5:43 PM

Recently joined the site, I am from British Columbia, Canada.  I am 25 and have been smoking cigars with great enthusiasm for 7 years and my wife even encourages it.  You can be sure to find many cigar reviews from me as time marches on.  That is if I can find time between 2 jobs and 3 kids.

Gurkha Titan
Gurkha Legend
Gurkha Triple Ligero
Gurkha Grand Reserve
MAXX Ego
Oliva V

Welcome to the site Jeff. I guess you're a Gurkha fan eh? Looking forward to seeing you around the site and perhaps your participation in the future 'First Canadian Cigar Pass'. Hound (Nathan) and myself are looking for about a half dozen more Canadians to join so we can do a pass.

Cheers from frigid Quebec!! brrrrrrr.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nukbucko

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

I'm running for President. Please vote for me!

Rebecca Silverwolf

Greetings from Sunny Southern California.   :welcome:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

ljlemer

I'm sitting outside with a sweater and jacket on. Naturally, I'm smoking a cigar. It's 1:15 AM in South Florida and it's 58 degrees F and feels like 50. If it's so chilly here, 60 miles north of Miami, what's it like up there? Welcome to the group!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

According to Accuweather, at almost 5 AM Eastern Time, it's 48 there and feels like 45. Here it's 55 and feels like 48! That's almost identical! But in Quebec it's 30 and feels like 28. I hope you understand Fahrenheit. I'm still outside. I smoked two excellent cigars (see my latest reviews) and a pipeful of a blend I mixed from 3 commercial blends I don't like separately. That's one of the joys of pipe smoking: blending your own mix.

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

Quoteljlemer - 10/19/2009  4:56 AM

According to Accuweather, at almost 5 AM Eastern Time, it's 48 there and feels like 45. Here it's 55 and feels like 48! That's almost identical! But in Quebec it's 30 and feels like 28. I hope you understand Fahrenheit. I'm still outside. I smoked two excellent cigars (see my latest reviews) and a pipeful of a blend I mixed from 3 commercial blends I don't like separately. That's one of the joys of pipe smoking: blending your own mix.

I picked up a box of those ITC 10th Anni. on special at CI's not long ago for $50.00, then a guy I know here really wanted them so I traded them away before I even had a chance to give it go...I should have kept one at least!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

rkarkada

welcome to the site! I love the Oliva V too, the lancero is my favorite.

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 10/19/2009  9:27 AM

I picked up a box of those ITC 10th Anni. on special at CI's not long ago for $50.00, then a guy I know here really wanted them so I traded them away before I even had a chance to give it go...I should have kept one at least!

They're on the strong side, which is not your favorite type.

Thomas Mann

junglepete

Quoteljlemer - 10/19/2009  1:55 PM

Quotejunglepete - 10/19/2009  9:27 AM

They're on the strong side, which is not your favorite type.

Not yet, but I am slowly aquiring a taste for it.  :biggrin:

Sorry for off topic sway! Welcome again, it's always good to have another Canadian on board!  :shades:
Guru of Frugality

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

Quotexyko - 10/18/2009  5:43 PM

Gurkha Titan
Gurkha Legend
Gurkha Triple Ligero
Gurkha Grand Reserve
MAXX Ego
Oliva V

Great to have you, Jeffrey.   :welcome:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Anthony

_____

craig schmidt

"Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody."

craig schmidt

"Here, have a cigar. Light it up and be somebody."

xyko

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  You guys rock. :smoker:

Hound10

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome from rainy Manitoba

As Pete said - the Canadian numbers slowly growing around this joint so we can get a Canadian Pass going.

We'll have to chat about tips for ordering, etc. I'm always up for a split.

Glad to have you aboard
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

mountedshriner

Welcome Jeff! I just returned from a business trip to Montana and it is getting very chilly there as well. This is a great site and I look forward to your input. Stay active and enjoy the scenery. :welcome:

BTW, it is supposed to 80 here is sunny Calif this afternoon :shades:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hound10

BTW, it is supposed to 80 here is sunny Calif this afternoon :shades:[/QUOTE]

:kickyou:

It's like 4 degrees in Dauphin....
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.