THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!: (Soon to be) New Father Contest

Started by C130Driver, 09/24/2015 05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C130Driver

Okay gang, the results are in, and I'm proud to announce the arrival of my baby girl, born 05 March at 8:44 in the PM. She weighed in at a whopping 8lb 11oz and was 20 inches long. That makes the winner McBryde who guessed Girl, 07 March 7lb 14oz. In addition to his win, there were definitely some honorable mentions. Nirab was the closest to the weight, guessing 8lb 7oz. BMac7754 was the only person to actually guess the correct birthday. Too bad you guessed boy or you'd have had it! Mojo, arguably guessed even closer on the birthday, however, guessing 06 March but specifying a time of 0735. So had she been born after 7:35 in the pm he could have been come in under 12 hours off compared to BMac7754 who may have been thinking of an am birth. Phil, Ken, and Kris all hit the nail on the head with non-guess related nuggets of wisdom. I will surely be getting premature greys, I did wear out the bump button, and Kris had the closest guess regarding her length. He was also the only person to guess in this category since it wasn't part of the contest so good job! That said, he was actually close guessing 21 inches. Finally, my favorite guess goes to GrouchoM who guessed I'd be having a 56lb 4oz baby?!?!? Call Guinness!
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Ted

Quotegitfiddl - 3/7/2016  12:08 PM  Testing, testing...  Is this thing on?

Sorry, had you on mute.

:biggrin:

McBryde

I can't see that this thread has 3 pages, other than from another pages link, but I WIN!!!!! Sweet!

Devin, your life will never be the same brother. In a year, you'll never know how your life went along without a little girl before! It's a great ride, sit back and enjoy it, as she'll be 6, like mine is, soooooooooooooo fast. I'm not looking forward to the teen years, and dating, and driving, and marriage, but it's all part of it, and I'll take it with stride. I am definitely looking forward to growing old with kids around and grandkids to play with though!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

Congrats Emmerson.and a real special Congrats to Devin.Your life will change now in a good way

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

QuoteC130Driver - 3/7/2016 1:25 PM Okay gang, the results are in, and I'm proud to announce the arrival of my baby girl, born 05 March at 8:44 in the PM. She weighed in at a whopping 8lb 11oz and was 20 inches long. That makes the winner McBryde who guessed Girl, 07 March 7lb 14oz. In addition to his win, there were definitely some honorable mentions. Nirab was the closest to the weight, guessing 8lb 7oz. BMac7754 was the only person to actually guess the correct birthday. Too bad you guessed boy or you'd have had it! Mojo, arguably guessed even closer on the birthday, however, guessing 06 March but specifying a time of 0735. So had she been born after 7:35 in the pm he could have been come in under 12 hours off compared to BMac7754 who may have been thinking of an am birth. Phil, Ken, and Kris all hit the nail on the head with non-guess related nuggets of wisdom. I will surely be getting premature greys, I did wear out the bump button, and Kris had the closest guess regarding her length. He was also the only person to guess in this category since it wasn't part of the contest so good job! That said, he was actually close guessing 21 inches. Finally, my favorite guess goes to GrouchoM who guessed I'd be having a 56lb 4oz baby?!?!? Call Guinness!

Sorry, no pics, didn't happen! :dancing:

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

C130Driver

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. There was a hick-up with the thread for a while where posts wouldn't show. It looks like it's either self corrected or an administrator fixed it. Emerson, I'm not sure what or when I'll send your package. It may be a week or two but I promise I'll get it out. Thanks again everyone for playing and all the congratulatory comments.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

DonM

Congrats on the young one!  Now you get no sleep, clean diapers, get thrown up on and have a never ending open wallet :biggrin:

I love my kids and you will too

"The Curmudgeon"

Mojo66

That is awesome news Devin, congratulations to the mother and you both. Thanks for the contest.

Enjoy those magical years, them years before they become teenagers, which now comes at around 9-10 these days, I can attest to that  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

Congrats on the new addition to your family Devin, and congrats to Emerson for the win.  Great contest.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

McBryde

QuoteC130Driver - 3/8/2016  3:12 PM

Emerson, I'm not sure what or when I'll send your package. It may be a week or two but I promise I'll get it out. Thanks again everyone for playing and all the congratulatory comments.

Use that spare time for sleep right now brother! It's not like I'm going to run out of cigars anytime soon. Just remember, don't freak out too bad the first time they actually sleep through the night! She's not dead, just asleep! LOL My wife and I both freaked out. I think we were just so suprized to get a full night of sleep.

Enjoy all the small stuff, she won't be little bery long!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

GrouchoM

Well done Emerson. Congrats Devin on the wonderful addition to your family. Thanks for the contest.
The secret word is cigars!

tjm0831

quickme

how did I miss this!  Congrats on the new bundle of joy!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.