Cigar Scissors

Started by Camshaft83, 09/27/2015 04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

Just bought a pair of scissors to try out. How many of you guys use scissors.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

DonM

Nice looking Scissors!  I had the Xikar MTX for awhile and liked it.  Just didn't use them and got traded to someone.  I use a Palio and Xikar V cut mostly anymore, with a few cheap guillotines laying all around the house for a quick cut.  Let us know how they work!

"The Curmudgeon"

Camshaft83

QuoteDonM - 9/27/2015  7:05 AM

Nice looking Scissors!  I had the Xikar MTX for awhile and liked it.  Just didn't use them and got traded to someone.  I use a Palio and Xikar V cut mostly anymore, with a few cheap guillotines laying all around the house for a quick cut.  Let us know how they work!

I've been using the Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter for a few years and really like it but I seen these for a good deal on amazon and thought I'd give them a try.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

sevencardstud

I have never used a pair, but let us know how you like them. I was thinking about getting a pair.
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

05Venturer

"I've been using the Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter for a few years and really like it but I seen these for a good deal on amazon and thought I'd give them a try."

I like my Calcutta Metalworks scissors a lot.

I have been wanting to try that CC Perfect Cutter too.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cigary

I used to use them years ago to pull off that sophisticated look at the B&M's or where people smoked cigars..etc.  I stopped using them when I forgot to bring the leather pouch that it came in and almost circumcised myself when I sat down into this huge leather chair....the others thought I was doing some kind of Indian War Dance trying to get out of that chair while the sharp part of the scissors were zeroing in on my 'junk'....now I use a V Cutter which if something goes wrong with that....the worse part would be having a better irrigation system than what I was born with.

Camshaft83

Sounds like my plan on leaving them at home on the table where I smoke is a good idea. :biggrin: Thanks for the heads up on something I probably would have figured out the not so good way.

Otter

I use scissors on my swiss army knife when I am out on the golf course, other than that I stick to my xikar double guillotines...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Ken Kelley

QuoteDonM - 9/26/2015  9:05 PM

I keep the MTX scissors in the truck and use them when I forget to tote along the Xikar V-cutter. They come in handy for trimming up ragged edges when you leave the cigar for a bit and have to relight it.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

benchjockey

The Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter is very good and very cheap.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Cfickter

I have never used scissors, can't say why.  Like Otter and I am a Xikar double guillotine user and have a few sets I regular use
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

toby2

i have the Xikar pair. they work ok for small rings. the Cuban Crafter version i have mangles anything i've tried it on. i may have just got a dud.

StogieDad

I have the Xikar ones, and they are sweet.  But then again, anything that opens one up works for me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

C130Driver

I tried scissors once at my local lounge. It was terrible, the cut was far from clean. I feel like I could have gotten a cleaner cut by rolling the window of my car up on the end of my cigar. So, I swore them off for ever. However, seeing as how you all seem to have had good luck I'm beginning to think the pair I tried were probably just not in good shape. Perhaps I'd give them another go, but even if it cuts cleanly I don't really see a benefit over a guillotine cutter.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

nirab

I've borrowed em when I didn't have my Xikar v cutter with me. I'm a v cut geek almost every time.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mojo66

I'm a straight cut guy, I almost only use a Xikar Xi2.

But I would try the scissors, at least before chewing the cap off :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

MTX is about the only cutter I use these days.

STL_Cohiba

There is a shop near where I work that has some great deals right now on some high end scissors. I have been contemplating weather or not to buy some
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

Longhorn

QuoteMojo66 - 9/28/2015  8:01 AM

I'm a straight cut guy...

I'm a "V" cut guy.  :biggrin:

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 9/28/2015  6:10 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 9/28/2015  8:01 AM  I'm a straight cut guy...  

Let me rephrase that: I'm a straight guy that loves Vs but when it comes to cigars, I like them cut straight  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Camshaft83

QuoteMojo66 - 9/28/2015  5:19 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 9/28/2015  6:10 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 9/28/2015  8:01 AM  I'm a straight cut guy...  

Let me rephrase that: I'm a straight guy that loves Vs but when it comes to cigars, I like them cut straight  :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:

Vroomp

Used two pair of scissors all weekend long as we were trying new leaves and sharing cigars which is where these come in real handy. As we would try a particular leaf rolled up we could cut the head and pass it to another person for his opinion. Otherwise, these are great for home use but a bit heavy in the pocket for me.......
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Camshaft83

Just tried them for the first time. They cut this torpedo just fine.

Camshaft83

QuoteVroomp - 9/29/2015  5:34 AM

Used two pair of scissors all weekend long as we were trying new leaves and sharing cigars which is where these come in real handy. As we would try a particular leaf rolled up we could cut the head and pass it to another person for his opinion. Otherwise, these are great for home use but a bit heavy in the pocket for me.......

I think these will stay at home and my perfect cutter will start spending more time in my pocket. I need to use them a bit more to really decide how much I like them though. Still on the fence.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.