Hudson Bay Combo!

Started by plnortham, 09/28/2015 04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plnortham

So as usual, I was enjoying a cigar on Saturday night with some friends around the fire pit. And again, as usual, I was drinking.  However, I was drinking beer, not my usual scotch or bourbon.  Im here to tell you that the Hudson Bay Churchill by K. Hansotia pairs amazingly with the seasonal beer "Pumpkick" by New Belgium Brewing in Fort Collins, CO.  Pumpkick is a season pumpkin brew with notes of cranberries.  The Hudson Bay has a nice roasted nut flavor with a nice slow even burn.  You do the math!  Its a must try! Thanksgiving in September.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Mojo66

Sounds like a perfect fall pairing. Never had a pumpkin brew, might need to try one.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

plnortham

Highly recommend it.  I can't speak to other pumpkin brews, but, Im sure they'd be just as good.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

appollo

Tried pumpkin beer once found it to spicey. :-)

headfirst

I tried a pumpkin ale once, not for me.  I like my pumpkin to taste like pumpkin pie, not raw pumpkin.

This is the second geek to compliment the Hudson Bay to my recollection, can it be there's a good Gurkha out there afterall?   :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Not a pumpkin beer or ale fan, but enjoy
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

plnortham

It seems to be the common census.  People don't like pumpkin ales.  I get the too spicy part though.  There are some out there even too spicy for me.  As far as the Hudson Bay goes, Ill be honest, I was hesitant to try it.  But, glad I did, especially with the Pumpkick.
Phil Northam

Joelala

I will have to try that. I am trying to get into more seasonal brews
Joe

Jackal

I love pumpkin ales.  Bootleggers puts out a good one each year.  Luckily, for me, their brewing facility is a 15 minute drive away.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Longhorn

It's always good when you find a great cigar and libation to go with it!  Enjoy!   :thumbsup:

plnortham

I've never heard of bootleggers.  Doubt I can get that in my area.  I'll be honest, Im a bit partial to New Belgium Brewing.  I love their beer.  But they offer some great seasonal brews.  Their summer brew "Skinny Dip" is pretty damn good.
Phil Northam

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.