The wife said YES!!...It has ARRIVED!!! Tower pic

Started by nirab, 09/28/2015 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

I want one of the winedors. Something about climate control is very appealing to me.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ntanner

I have a slightly smaller version of the Redford, the maverick I think. It has served me well for several year's now. It did take some adjustment to get the RH correct with the cooling factor causing a little condensation at the base of the cooling wall but after I got it balanced out it has been almost hand's off.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 9/29/2015  7:38 PM

Hopefully this works. I took some more pics of my tower. I'm not sure you can still get this model, the way it's set up with the 2 drawers...and it sure looks fuller in reality. The close-ups make it look really empty, but I am sitting on only about 450 cigars so plenty of room for more.

The 2 black things are cat litter, I had it in my tupperdor before I got the tower and just stuck it in there hoping it would help stabilize the rh, not sure it's really helping or not. I've got 4 hygrometers placed throughout. Like I said the top levels are lower rh than the bottom, could be due to all the open space.

Let me know if the album doesn't work. http://imgur.com/a/WwPt1

Worked great, thanks for the pics!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

I found this one on Craigslist. The guy is up in Dallas, so it would be a 8 hour round trip. He said he would take $1200 for it. It seems really nice, I'm just afraid to pull the trigger without seeing it first. Any thoughts?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/emd/5206829734.html

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Holy crap that is huge! I really like the way it appears that the humidifier is set up to pump out thru the vent holes in the back. You would need a ton of trays if you have a lot of singles. I also got mine off craigslist, $200, couldn't pass it up. I did have to buy the humidifier separate though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 9/29/2015  9:15 PM

Holy crap that is huge! I really like the way it appears that the humidifier is set up to pump out thru the vent holes in the back. You would need a ton of trays if you have a lot of singles. I also got mine off craigslist, $200, couldn't pass it up. I did have to buy the humidifier separate though.

Yea, its a lot bigger than I need (for now!), and it will take up more space than I prefer. But, it does seem like a very well made humidor. It comes with shelves, but no trays. I'm thinking...and it hurts!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Longhorn

We'll discuss in three days!   :biggrin:

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 9/29/2015  10:09 PM

We'll discuss in three days!   :biggrin:

Yeppers!  :biggrin: I ain't doing nothing till then.  :angel:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

toby2

nirab

Quotetoby2 - 9/30/2015  6:30 AM

go big! congrats!!

lol!! thanks for the support Toby!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 9/29/2015  10:04 PM  I found this one on Craigslist. The guy is up in Dallas, so it would be a 8 hour round trip. He said he would take $1200 for it. It seems really nice, I'm just afraid to pull the trigger without seeing it first. Any thoughts?  http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/emd/5206829734.html

Brian, to me this looks like a modified cabinet.  The inside walls looks to be made of the same wood as the exterior (dark wood).  I really don't see any type of sure seal around the doors and frame?
Like longhorn says, we can discuss shortly

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

C130Driver

This is my dream humidor, but the wife said no. I do a little wood working so I've been considering trying to make something similar. I'm sure it will cost just as much but I'm hoping she won't notice if I make it (and therefore buy it) piece by piece.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/large-humidors/the-coffee-table-cigar-humidor.html
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 9/30/2015  12:40 PM

Quotenirab - 9/29/2015  10:04 PM  I found this one on Craigslist. The guy is up in Dallas, so it would be a 8 hour round trip. He said he would take $1200 for it. It seems really nice, I'm just afraid to pull the trigger without seeing it first. Any thoughts?  http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/emd/5206829734.html

Brian, to me this looks like a modified cabinet.  The inside walls looks to be made of the same wood as the exterior (dark wood).  I really don't see any type of sure seal around the doors and frame?
Like longhorn says, we can discuss shortly

It does look like that. He said he's owned it for 7 yrs. The more I think about this one, I think less of it. If, and that's a big if, if I drop that amount of coin on a humidor, I'm gonna be darned sure of what I am getting. Scratch this one off the list...and talk to you soon Chuck!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

STL_Cohiba

Brian I really like this one. Before I bought my Eurocave. I was thinking of buying this one. 1. its big and 2. you can regulate temp and humiduty
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

nirab

I'm just not sure I really need the temp control, as that has not been an issue for any of my smaller humidors. I could save a lot of money, and go with this set up instead.

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/checkout/cart/

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

STL_Cohiba

If you buy something in line with that just make sure its Thermo Electric. What you wanted to show was not in the basket
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

Vroomp

3 Whynters would be cheaper...... :shades:

Model: CHC-251S

• Capacity: 2.5 cu. ft
  • Holds up to 400+ cigars
  • Freestanding setup
  • Vibration-free thermoelectric cooling
  • Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek black cabinet
  • Professional quality towel bar handle
  • Removable Spanish cedar drawers and shelves
  • Shelf Count: 4 flat shelves, 2 drawers
        Flat Shelves Dimensions: 9.5” W x 12.75” D
        Drawer Dimensions: 9.5” W x 12.75” D x 3” H
  • Equipped with a humidity tray and hygrometer for inside humidity level maintenance
  • Adjustable thermostat with temperature range from 54ºF - 66ºF
  • Enhanced LCD temperature display
  • Soft interior LED lighting with on/off switch
  • All solid-state components for long life
  • Internal fan-forced circulation for even humidity and temperature distribution throughout the cabinet
  • Input Power and Current: 70 watts / 1A
  • Power Consumption: 0.5KWh/24h
  • Voltage: 110V / 60Hz
  • Product dimensions: 17” W x 20” D x 28” H  (Add 1.6" in depth and 0.25" in width with handle installed)
  • Package dimensions: 21” W x 24” D x 34” H
  • Net weight: 45 lbs
  • Gross weight: 50 lbs
  • ETL listed
  • UPC 850956003552
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Brian, get what makes you happy!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

Decisions, decisions. Tough choices, I wish I was having to make this choice.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

DonM

I like the storage options on that one Brian :bigthumbs:

Wish I was the one getting it. Still working the Mrs. On a Harley and haven't won.....yet

"The Curmudgeon"

horrido

Pull the trigger its not like buying women's shoes is it.....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 10/7/2015  3:55 PM

Brian, get what makes you happy!

You are so correct, my friend!! I'm getting paralysis by analysis! I'm gonna sit on it for a few more days, and make a decision this weekend...to be continued!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.