The wife said YES!!...It has ARRIVED!!! Tower pic

Started by nirab, 09/28/2015 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

QuoteDonM - 10/7/2015  4:31 PM

I like the storage options on that one Brian :bigthumbs:

Wish I was the one getting it. Still working the Mrs. On a Harley and haven't won.....yet

Yea, I like the options on this one as well. Ya know, you could start on the Mrs. with the humidor first, not quite as expensive as a Harley!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 10/7/2015  9:56 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 10/7/2015  3:55 PM  Brian, get what makes you happy!
You are so correct, my friend!! I'm getting paralysis by analysis! I'm gonna sit on it for a few more days, and make a decision this weekend...to be continued!  :biggrin:

Envelope please, and the winner is 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

STL_Cohiba

Brian I like that setup for a $1000. Trust your instincts
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

MacMac

They all look nice.  I typically like to by new!!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Otter

Quotenirab - 9/29/2015  12:41 PM

Anyone have any experience with this one?? Considering (2) of em...along with all the other considerations! Paralysis by analysis, here I come!

http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-CHC-251S-Stainless-Cooler-Humidor/dp/B00KO90H6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443544953&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar+humidor+cabinet&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011

I was going to ask why not a Wineador, I don't have one but I should.. I think they are the way to go for nailing consistent relative humidity.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

nirab

QuoteOtter - 10/9/2015  8:04 AM

Anyone have any experience with this one?? Considering (2) of em...along with all the other considerations! Paralysis by analysis, here I come!

http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-CHC-251S-Stainless-Cooler-Humidor/dp/B00KO90H6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443544953&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar+humidor+cabinet&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011

I was going to ask why not a Wineador, I don't have one but I should.. I think they are the way to go for nailing consistent relative humidity.

The Wineador is not big enough...we all know about not buying a bigger humidor! I'd like to have a temp controlled humi, but the pricing is just too much to justify purchasing. Maintaining RH is not that difficult, and keeping a consistent temp has not been an issue, so I am going the tower route. Put in a price match offer to CheapHumidors, and now I am waiting for their response.

Thanks for all the help/advice y'all!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Good luck brother, hope you get the tower you want.  Post some pics once it is in and filled up!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Otter

Quotenirab - 10/9/2015  9:13 AM

The Wineador is not big enough...we all know about not buying a bigger humidor! I'd like to have a temp controlled humi, but the pricing is just too much to justify purchasing. Maintaining RH is not that difficult, and keeping a consistent temp has not been an issue, so I am going the tower route. Put in a price match offer to CheapHumidors, and now I am waiting for their response.

I agree, after looking at the capacity it will never be good enough for geek storage!
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 10/9/2015  8:39 AM

Good luck brother, hope you get the tower you want.  Post some pics once it is in and filled up!

You know it!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Quotenirab - 10/9/2015  12:47 PM

QuoteCfickter - 10/9/2015  8:39 AM

You know it!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Good luck deciding. It would be a hard choice!

nirab

QuoteOtter - 10/9/2015  9:43 AM

Quotenirab - 10/9/2015  9:13 AM

I agree, after looking at the capacity it will never be good enough for geek storage!

It is not!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

You'll have to let me know when it shows up so I can send some filler...I mean offer advice about getting it up and running..
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 10/9/2015  2:43 PM

You'll have to let me know when it shows up so I can send some filler...I mean offer advice about getting it up and running..

LOL!! I know how you offer up this "advice"!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

The trigger has been...pulled! Found an online coupon for 10% off, and placed the order a few minutes ago, now the wait begins. Thanks to all of you geeks who offered up helpful advice, and a special thanks to Bruce, who spent some time with me going over the little details to look at while fine tuning the rh.

Any of you use the Cigar Oasis Magna? I read a bunch of reviews, and decided it was the one for this humidor. Gonna use beads in it, as per Bruce's advice.   :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Humidor link

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/large-humidors/the-tower-cigar-humidor.html

What's shipping out...

The Tower Cigar Humidor Choose Color Oak  Select Font: Old English Enter text to be engraved on nameplate: Nirab                                        HUM-2000-OAK 1 $654.97  

Cigar Oasis Magna Electronic Humidifier  CO-MAGNA 1 $179.00  

Yes  NAMEPLATE2 1 $6.00  

1/4 lb Cigar Humidor Beads  BEADS-SMALL 1 $11.97  

Subtotal  $851.94  
Shipping & Handling  $177.30  
Discount (KOMP-QSA1HQ)  -$85.19  
Grand Total  $944.05  

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

appollo

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Camshaft83

:bigthumbs: That looks like a very nice tower.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

cavenbk

Nice choice. Can't wait to see it filled up
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Otter

Quotenirab - 10/12/2015  4:56 PM

The trigger has been...pulled! Found an online coupon for 10% off, and placed the order a few minutes ago, now the wait begins. Thanks to all of you geeks who offered up helpful advice, and a special thanks to Bruce, who spent some time with me going over the little details to look at while fine tuning the rh.

Any of you use the Cigar Oasis Magna? I read a bunch of reviews, and decided it was the one for this humidor. Gonna use beads in it, as per Bruce's advice.   :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Humidor link

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/large-humidors/the-tower-cigar-humidor.html

What's shipping out...

The Tower Cigar Humidor Choose Color Oak  Select Font: Old English Enter text to be engraved on nameplate: Nirab                                        HUM-2000-OAK 1 $654.97  

Cigar Oasis Magna Electronic Humidifier  CO-MAGNA 1 $179.00  

Yes  NAMEPLATE2 1 $6.00  

1/4 lb Cigar Humidor Beads  BEADS-SMALL 1 $11.97  

Subtotal  $851.94  
Shipping & Handling  $177.30  
Discount (KOMP-QSA1HQ)  -$85.19  
Grand Total  $944.05  

Very nice, now I want one ;-)
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Great looking humidor, great looking price, I want one as well.

Congrats Brian, I'll look forward to the pics of it installed, seasoned and filled
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Nice choice. :bigthumbs:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bmac7754

Congrats brother. I hope you took the day off when it's due to come in. Post up some pics when you get set up.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

Need to see pics of that thing loaded up!   :bigthumbs:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.