Good quick read

Started by 05Venturer, 10/08/2015 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Well said, lots of great cigars in that price range
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Smoking a Caldwell Sevillana right now, I paid $2.87.  Of course I have a stash of limited and expensive smokes, but there is a large portion of my collection  that were a good value that I just enjoy every time I smoke them.  Good read.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Absolutely agreed. I've already had several $10-12 sticks that couldn't compete with $3-5 cigars, flavor-wise. I relish the decision of which to smoke, and there's usually no rhyme or reason to it. :D
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Camshaft83

There are a few 3 to 5 dollar cigars that I would take over several $10+ cigars I've had.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

benchjockey

Definitely makes sense to me.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

This is very true  :thumbsup:

Mojo66

Couldn't agree more. Like everything else, price isn't always an indication of quality.

Know what you like and smoke what you like
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

C130Driver

The realization of this reality occurred to me a few months ago. I got an email from CI telling me they had a one day only special on a few Rocky Patel cigars. I was just coming out of a late night C-130 sim and it was nearly midnight. The price was so good I jumped in and bought two boxes before the deal ended without doing the research I would typically do before buying a stick I'd never smoked before. Later I realized they were Cuban Sandwiches. I instantly felt taken. I knew they were lower end sticks but I didn't know they were "that cheap." I figured what the hell, they'd be good to give out of friends who don't really smoke but will if I plan to have one. I let them rest for a bit and tried my first one. I was instantly impressed. Then I tried the second one, it was damn good too. Frankly both of them, both about $1.50/per stick, are far better than a lot of $10 sticks I've had. They are a little rougher around the edges, the wrappers are are little veinier, they pack of tobacco is looser, they burn faster. But you know what, they burn evenly and they taste great. At the end of the day, what do I care if it has a huge vein down the side if the flavor is fantastic?!? I don't judge based on price anymore because I would buy those sticks again without thinking twice.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

plnortham

Good read!  Because Im a cheap skate to begin with, this has never really occurred to me.  I have no problems with smoking a CHEAP (notice no quotes) cigar. :-D In fact, one of my "daily" smokers doesn't even have a name.  I buy a 20 pack of Old #99's for $40 at my local B&M.  At $2 a stick, you can't beat the price. I will be the first to tell you though, sometimes you get great ones and sometimes you get horrible ones.  With the Old #99's, its all luck of the draw.  But, I've got no problems smoking whats cheap and available.  I save the more "expensive" ones for the occasional smoke or special occasions.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.