New Ownership - Dirty Leaf Cigars

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 10/23/2015 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

So I heard back from DLC only to learn that the box I wanted is out of stock...now to try and return these
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

DRuff

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/9/2015  12:55 PM  So I heard back from DLC only to learn that the box I wanted is out of stock...now to try and return these

Sounds like a GREAT experience !    :angry:

Cfickter

And the saga continues, sorry brother
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

SparklePony

Any updates on this shyteshow?
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

ThinBlueLine

Well, I am in communication with them and trying to ride out the backorder of the original order that I placed.  As long as it's not a ridiculous amount of time and he promises to fulfill I will wait.  Should hear back today...

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

Our only possessions are our actions...DLC does not possess the actions to back up their words. I will not order from them...unless they send me a box of My Father Le Bijou petite robusto at no charge, then I shall reconsider.  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Longhorn

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  5:53 PM

Our only possessions are our actions...DLC does not possess the actions to back up their words. I will not order from them...unless they send me a box of My Father Le Bijou petite robusto at no charge, then I shall reconsider.  :biggrin:  :angel:

They could send me Dorothy's red slippers and I wouldn't give a flying shyte about them.

Just a sham... I mean shame.

:moon:

McBryde

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  4:53 PM

My original order that started all of my debacle was a box of MF Le Bijou Box Pressed Torpedos. They were out of stock too evidently!  :confused:  :?:

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 11/12/2015  5:39 PM

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  5:53 PM

They could send me Dorothy's red slippers and I wouldn't give a flying shyte about them.

Just a sham... I mean shame.

:moon:

I wouldn't really buy from em ever, but a free box of MF LB 1922 would have been sweet!!  :shy: And I would be totally honest and upfront about it all!  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteMcBryde - 11/12/2015  7:25 PM

My original order that started all of my debacle was a box of MF Le Bijou Box Pressed Torpedos. They were out of stock too evidently!  :confused:  :?:

E

One of these days, we need to split a box of those brother!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

McBryde

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  9:24 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 11/12/2015  7:25 PM

E

One of these days, we need to split a box of those brother!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :angel:

When we are both off of our freezes at the same time, that sounds good, LOL.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  4:53 PM  Our only possessions are our actions...DLC does not possess the actions to back up their words. I will not order from them...unless they send me a box of My Father Le Bijou petite robusto at no charge, then I shall reconsider.  :biggrin:  :angel:

Don't hold your breath, they wont even send you a note saying they are out of stock!
Maybe it is just me but I just can't believe this is how they want to be represented. They have potentially lost more business thru none action than they will ever get back from this community

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 11/13/2015  6:30 AM

Quotenirab - 11/12/2015  4:53 PM  Our only possessions are our actions...DLC does not possess the actions to back up their words. I will not order from them...unless they send me a box of My Father Le Bijou petite robusto at no charge, then I shall reconsider.  :biggrin:  :angel:

Don't hold your breath, they wont even send you a note saying they are out of stock!
Maybe it is just me but I just can't believe this is how they want to be represented. They have potentially lost more business thru none action than they will ever get back from this community

Yep. Stick a fork in em!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

MacMac

I placed an order with Dirty Leaf on Oct 31 to take advantage of the $20 off deal that they were offering. About a week and a half later I emailed them asking about the projected shipping date. They indicated one of the brands that I ordered did not come in from their distributor on time and that they would ship asap. The order finally shipped on Nov 8 and it arrived today (Nov 13). I found the people at Dirty Leaf to be very pleasant and forthright. They have given me a $10 credit toward my next purchase. I think these guys are really trying to get this business back on its feet. I'm sure they are dealing with a mess someone else made. I believe this will be a good company if they can get over the hump. I'm choosing to give them the leeway and not to be upset because it took a little extra time to fill my order. I hope they can make their company a good one.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 10/24/2015  8:28 AM

Hey Pete, in case you missed this thread here is one you may want to check out.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29572.0

Also really hoping the name is for real and not a Mad Men reference  :-0  :shy:

BTW, the verdict is still out on whether or not "Pete Campbell" is in reality still Alan Brito   :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mautrak

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/12/2015  11:52 AM

Well, I am in communication with them and trying to ride out the backorder of the original order that I placed.  As long as it's not a ridiculous amount of time and he promises to fulfill I will wait.  Should hear back today...

So Scott, what's the latest?

05Venturer

Interesting DLC was just on the site within the past day.
Just lurking, no posting :nono:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ThinBlueLine

I am in communication with them.  If all goes well I should have my package by the beginning of next year as that's when they'll be back in stock per Tatuaje.  I've had no issue dealing with them as of yet and they insisted I keep the wrong box at no charge.  We shall see if original order gets fulfilled, if not I am going to be livid.

Cfickter

Sounds like they are trying, glad they let you keep the wrong box

MacMac

I just received my second order from them since they announced new management. The order came -- no problem and a GREAT price, too. I'm going to continue to use them when they have what I want at a good price.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Cfickter

I am not sure of this "under new management" statement.  According the Florida Dpt of State, Division of Corporations the listed authorized person is the same name as the 2014 & 2013 licenses.  I don't know, maybe there is a lag in posting up to date information. If their service is getting better I guess it may not matter.
Or maybe new management is not the same as new ownership 

headfirst

Wow, they let you keep a whole box.  That's a pretty amazing gesture if you ask me...hopefully you get your original order too.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ThinBlueLine

FYI - lost all contact with DLC...PM, email and phone to no avail!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.