New Ownership - Dirty Leaf Cigars

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 10/23/2015 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

I placed an order on Saturday and it's still awaiting shipment.  I will give this to the end of the week before I pull the order.  Not for nothing but most online retailers provide you with a tracking number same day albeit maybe it's not boxed or in the mail but it will be the next day.  I hope you guys get your act together as I went against my better judgement.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Mautrak

I'm curious if Emerson received his order yet.  It was on the 23rd, admittedly late, that he accepted different product.  That should have shipped out on Saturday considering the delays to date, and I would think the order should have either arrived, or be awfully close per the tracking number that he must have by now.  Right?

StogieDad

I hope Emerson is made right, but am I being cynical or are there just too many other fantastic options out there that don't seem to have the hangups?  Just wondering.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

You would think that Dirty Leaf would be jumping through hoops to make things right... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Vroomp

I say Kudos to Mark for attempting to make all previous orders right and reaching out to us to let us know he is trying to fulfill all previous orders properly. I know Alan left the whole enterprise in a shambles and Mark is doing a great job trying to recover~! :respekt:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

benchjockey

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/28/2015  9:30 AM  I placed an order on Saturday and it's still awaiting shipment.  I will give this to the end of the week before I pull the order.  Not for nothing but most online retailers provide you with a tracking number same day albeit maybe it's not boxed or in the mail but it will be the next day.  I hope you guys get your act together as I went against my better judgement.

Doesn't appear that much has changed--at least not enough. As a customer, this is unacceptable to me.

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ThinBlueLine

Phone call and email have yielded negative results so far.

horrido

Can anyone explain what happened? We see snippets but does the company have a partnership issue that you guys are suffering from. Did someone get over their head in this business?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

McBryde

QuoteMautrak - 10/28/2015  8:53 AM

I'm curious if Emerson received his order yet.  It was on the 23rd, admittedly late, that he accepted different product.  That should have shipped out on Saturday considering the delays to date, and I would think the order should have either arrived, or be awfully close per the tracking number that he must have by now.  Right?

I have received nothing as of yet, nor a tracking number for anything.

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Mautrak

QuoteMcBryde - 10/28/2015  7:55 PM

QuoteMautrak - 10/28/2015  8:53 AM

I have received nothing as of yet, nor a tracking number for anything.

Emerson

And I think that says it all.  As of last week this could have been nearly wrapped up with a shipping confirmation, but here we are nearly a week later, and nothing.  Not to mention that all of this started nearly a year ago.  

Reminds me of a saying:  Burn me once, shame on you.  Burn me twice, shame on me.  (Of course, with no negative connotations to my brothers and sisters on here who have tried to give the benefit of the doubt.  We are  forgiving bunch, but only so many times.)

ThinBlueLine

McBryde

Well, I received my tracking number today! We'll see, I'll keep y'all posted!

Hello Emerson. Here is your tracking number: 9405510898680012632540

---
Dirty Leaf Cigars Customer Service
www.DirtyLeafCigars.com
888-504-9912
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

toby2

QuoteVroomp - 10/28/2015  1:03 PM  I say Kudos to Mark for attempting to make all previous orders right and reaching out to us to let us know he is trying to fulfill all previous orders properly. I know Alan left the whole enterprise in a shambles and Mark is doing a great job trying to recover~! :respekt:

i don't know the situation over there but almost 20 years ago i got into business with a partner, (i was warned not to by my father in-law when he found out) and it ended badly. i wound up paying for everything even though my partner had been getting half the profits for a good bit. lesson learned.  :biggrin:

ThinBlueLine

Order status changed to shipped but no tracking number

Camshaft83

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/30/2015  4:32 AM

Hope you get your package soon and don't get screwed over. Sounds like they are trying to do right by everyone still though.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Longhorn

I wouldn't drop a single red penny with you now or in the future.  One of the first rules in online retailing is gaining customer's trust - your company's name is synonymous with just the opposite. Might consider changing it to Shady Leaf Cigars.

It's been over a year when your company started showing signs of "problems" with "previous ownership" and you show up here telling of how hard you've worked to get things fixed.

When you bought this business did you think through how you were going to handle customers like Emerson?

And you decided to launch this right before the holidays with no proven track record of having taken care of past problems?

Good luck with that hot mess.  Now, get off my f'n lawn!  :angry:  :angry:

johncw

I hope everything gets resolved for you guys and they make it worth your hassle.

Longhorn

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/30/2015  6:32 AM

6 days from order to ship? Betting you placed an order against shadow inventory.

05Venturer

QuoteLonghorn - 10/30/2015  9:31 AM

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/30/2015  6:32 AM

6 days from order to ship? Betting you placed an order against shadow inventory.

Agreed, that certainly seems to be the case.
Perhaps DLC should toss up a post to let us know how things are going  :whistle:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

In all fairness, Reinado was even slower from order to ship with the CG cigars, I think I waited about 3-4 weeks to receive them, and a lot of people were waiting even longer if I remember right.  They never gave me a tracking number either.

I'm interested to see how DLC sweetened the deal to try and make amends for Emerson, sounded like they were throwing some extras in the order.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ReinadoCigars

The delays in the previous orders were truly out of my control and apologize for them. Some issues are not always calculated and we make every attempt to ensure timely shipments. Going forward I will have a quicker turnaround for you guys if given the opportunity. Hope that this company does get you the order soon. I know it is frustrating.

Best Regards,
Antonio

headfirst

No worries Antonio, not trying to badmouth Reinado, your cigars are worth the wait, just wanted to point out that something like 6 days is not necessarily unique to DLC.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Longhorn

Quoteheadfirst - 10/30/2015  6:11 PM

No worries Antonio, not trying to badmouth Reinado, your cigars are worth the wait, just wanted to point out that something like 6 days is not necessarily unique to DLC.

Um, sorry -  that's not my experience with reputable, customer centric retailers who have the inventory they're selling.

StogieDad

I agree with Longhorn on this one for sure.  Reinado is a different deal, this retailer, since the changeover, said he had singles in stock, just not the boxes.  Emerson accepted, so ANY retailer that actually cared to make things right would have been first in line at the PO if that is what it took the next day to impress.

I spend a lot of my hard earned cash on cigars as do many of us.  I assure you my dollars go to folks that make me feel important and valuable, not just another F'up that thry have to fix.  Sad, gonna miss out on a lot of profit from some folks that spend a lot when treated right.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

SparklePony

QuoteLonghorn - 10/30/2015  6:53 PM  
Quoteheadfirst - 10/30/2015  6:11 PM  No worries Antonio, not trying to badmouth Reinado, your cigars are worth the wait, just wanted to point out that something like 6 days is not necessarily unique to DLC.
Um, sorry -  that's not my experience with reputable, customer centric retailers who have the inventory they're selling.      

+1
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.