New Ownership - Dirty Leaf Cigars

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 10/23/2015 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchjockey

Quoteheadfirst - 10/30/2015  6:11 PM  No worries Antonio, not trying to badmouth Reinado, your cigars are worth the wait, just wanted to point out that something like 6 days is not necessarily unique to DLC.

I've never had to wait 6 days for shipping after ordering. There are plenty of reliable online retailers that I have used to ever consider ordering from DLC. 

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

Just saying that was my first and only experience with Reinado to date.  Maybe that was the exception because it was a very limited edition cigar.  If they didn't have the cigars in stock yet and that was actually a pre-order I was not aware of it, and there wasn't much communication from them to make that clear as far as I remember.

I agree that most places do a much better job of communicating and being expedient.  Not saying I'm about to order from DLC, but who knows how deep this new owner is in the mess left by the predecessor, we know he's dealing with it on a global scale.  Hopefully he'll sweeten the deal for Emerson to try and make up for it.

I'm not on your lawn so don't say it!   :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ThinBlueLine

I just want a tracking number...it's easy to change the order status to shipped
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

raize

I imagine the cigar biz has to be pretty lucrative. I know sales tax cab suck but the competition for large scale retailers doesn't seem bad. And I imagine the margins are pretty reasonable for what would be classified by most as a luxury item.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Longhorn

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/30/2015  9:00 PM

This.

How difficult is it to respond to an email, phone call, PM and provide a tracking number?

Camshaft83

QuoteLonghorn - 10/30/2015  11:49 PM

QuoteThinBlueLine - 10/30/2015  9:00 PM

This.

How difficult is it to respond to an email, phone call, PM and provide a tracking number?

Couldn't agree more. They say they are making things right but so far we aren't seeing or hearing about or from anyone that has been taken care of. If anything it seems to me as if business is running as it always has been (bad customer service). It really is too bad.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

1029henry

It's not like there are no other cigar vendors around. Forget Dirty Leaf and move on. I wasn't seeing dynamite deals there anyway. Plenty of other places to purchase cigars.

I feel for you if they still owe you money or product.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

McBryde

QuoteMcBryde - 10/29/2015  10:52 PM

Well, I received my tracking number today! We'll see, I'll keep y'all posted!

Hello Emerson. Here is your tracking number: 9405510898680012632540

---
Dirty Leaf Cigars Customer Service
www.DirtyLeafCigars.com
888-504-9912

OK, I have a few questions now! I was told that the previous servers were wiped, and that they didn't have any of the old information about orders and the like. However, my order got shipped to the address that was on the old order? Could someone tell me how that happened?

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

Quoteheadfirst - 10/31/2015  7:32 PM

Maybe Hillary is involved?   :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

1029henry

"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

dirtyleafcigars

That address was in the original email you sent us Emerson. But regardless, we do still have some things physically on file, we just don't have the original accounts people created.

We're getting their guys and I promise we will soon be where we want to be. I understand things are not yet perfect, but we will do our best to get there.

horrido

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 10/31/2015  9:58 PM

That address was in the original email you sent us Emerson. But regardless, we do still have some things physically on file, we just don't have the original accounts people created.

We're getting their guys and I promise we will soon be where we want to be. I understand things are not yet perfect, but we will do our best to get there.

Ok all I can say is the guys on the site are ticked so why don't you as much as possible correct the issues. Very simple maybe but if I paid and you took the payment than deliver that is all the geeks are asking. Make it your mandate make it right that is all anyone is asking.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

McBryde

I had sent emails to y'all telling you that after 6 months or so, I had moved. See my profile on here for my updated address that I had sent y'all in later emails, and the address on the new profile on YOUR website that I had to make for someone there so they could send me my order.

Just another reason that waiting a year to send a package sucks!

I've got a call in to my ex neighbor to see if he might be able to round up the package from the new owners at the house. I'll be within about 30 minutes of there Monday, so i may have to drive there to get it if he can find it.

E

ThinBlueLine

nirab

Dirty Leaf Cigars, I offer you my vast experience in retail sales, customer service expertise, along with customer relations and retention experience. If you want this done right, quit posting and call an expert! I'm not a braggart by any means, but I do know how to service and retain clients that are spending tens of thousands of dollars every day in my current position. I am extremely confident that I can help you. Y'all need to do something fast and faster, or you might as well get out of the business of selling cigars.  :angel:

You know how to contact me!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/1/2015  7:10 AM

Still no tracking number

^^^^ This is completely unacceptable. Especially if DLC is truly trying to "win back" customers here on CG.

What is happening here with DLC definitely seems as though they are attempting to sell from and inventory they do not have and are trusting they can get the product for resale after orders are placed, not working so well.  A quick google earth search of the DLC address shows a home in a residential area with what certainly seems not large enough to house the inventory the website tries to emulate.

"Why is Dirty Leaf Cigars different from those other cigar sites? Well, we'll tell you why. Dirty Leaf will quickly become the first and last name for all your smokey needs." I believe they are quickly becoming the last IMHO

I recently placed and order with P&C late Thursday afternoon and Friday morning as soon as I checked my emails there was confirmation and tracking. THAT is how a good online retailer does business.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

Your actions don't support your claims that things are fixed at your company.

Even if cigars do eventually get delivered and bonus sticks are tossed in to make amends, it sure seems you've showed up here only to prey upon the potential market of our community.

From what I can tell and the experience outlined by two Geeks above, you suck at retailing.

How about getting off our F*&#ING LAWN?!?!?!   :moon:

SparklePony

Quotenirab - 11/1/2015  10:51 AM  Dirty Leaf Cigars, I offer you my vast experience in retail sales, customer service expertise, along with customer relations and retention experience. If you want this done right, quit posting and call an expert! I'm not a braggart by any means, but I do know how to service and retain clients that are spending tens of thousands of dollars every day in my current position. I am extremely confident that I can help you. Y'all need to do something fast and faster, or you might as well get out of the business of selling cigars.  :angel:   You know how to contact me!  :biggrin:

^^^ This!!!
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

ThinBlueLine

In New Jersey this would rise to a criminal charge under the deceptive business practices statute...

Brlesq

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/1/2015  12:57 PM

In New Jersey this would rise to a criminal charge under the deceptive business practices statute...

At this point you ought to cancel the charge through your credit card company or PayPal.  They haven't even responded to your non-delivery issue here in the forum even though they have posted recently. Sorry, but this one smells really bad . . .

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

Wonder if DLC is out of Nigeria now?......
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Longhorn

The Mail Order Rule within the FTC allows a customer to cancel their order anytime up until it ships... if a retailer subsequently ships product to the customer, the customer is not obligated to pay for the goods and said company is responsible for arranging pick up.

Any charge on your credit card after a cancellation has been initiated can be disputed, with high rates of success, with your CC company.  Furthermore, your State's Attorney General's office should also be notified.

Finally, any mail order that is not shipped within the time frame acknowledged on a) the company's web site or b) the company's order confirmation subjects the company to obtaining permission to extend the time to ship.

At this point, it would appear DLC has violated this rule on ThinBlueLine's order and most certainly on McBryde's order last year.

DLC's shipping information on their web site: "Orders ship within 1-3 days from receipt. Orders within the US normally arrive in 5 to 7 days and international orders normally arrive in 10-14 days. Unlike our competitors, we process orders EVERY SINGLE DAY and ship them 6 days a week."

FTC Rule: "If, after taking the customer's order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer's consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer's consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer's silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise."

McBryde

My ex neighbor has acquired my package, and I'll pick it up tomorrow. Will post pics when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

E

Longhorn

QuoteMcBryde - 11/2/2015  1:04 AM

My ex neighbor has acquired my package, and I'll pick it up tomorrow. Will post pics when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

E

That's good to hear... you are one patient dude!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.