New Ownership - Dirty Leaf Cigars

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 10/23/2015 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

I'm a stubborn Italian. Going to ride this one out
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

cavenbk

Glad to hear that everything showed up and that DL added some extras to try and reconcile.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

Today I was able to run down my package from DLC. Along with the 3 Reconquistas and the 4 oz. Black Ice I ordered, they also threw in a DLC bottle opener, a Oneworld, Model CF01/A4807, Lighter. They also threw in another 7 sticks to go with the order.

They all came in packed well.

Thanks for the extras DLC!

Emerson

photo 31F69A67-7E18-4B28-895B-52BC261CA6E4_zpsw23sh4lo.jpg

photo A305ECF9-B9F0-4E8C-BB1A-6A65995E0DC2_zpssanm3mls.jpg
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

headfirst

Glad you finally got your order, they included a few decent sticks in the extras.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ThinBlueLine

Camshaft83

Good to see your order made it.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Longhorn

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/4/2015  4:37 PM

Still no tracking number

Patience, grasshopper.  If McBryde's order was any indication, you can relax for another 10 months.   :-0

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 11/4/2015  8:00 PM  
QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/4/2015  4:37 PM  Still no tracking number
Patience, grasshopper.  If McBryde's order was any indication, you can relax for another 10 months.   :-0

So it might be a new ownership but it's still the same old bull ship :-(

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

QuoteMojo66 - 11/4/2015  9:03 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 11/4/2015  8:00 PM  
QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/4/2015  4:37 PM  Still no tracking number

So it might be a new ownership but it's still the same old bull ship :-(

This.  X 2

ThinBlueLine

So my cigars landed but they're not what I ordered. I ordered the Tatuaje 7th Reserva and a got a box of the 7th naturals. Now I need to figure out how to get the box I ordered.

headfirst

Bummer, well if it makes you feel any better you're doing a nice public service to all of us by keeping us in the loop.

Another opportunity missed for DLC...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

QuoteThinBlueLine - 11/5/2015  5:28 PM

So my cigars landed but they're not what I ordered. I ordered the Tatuaje 7th Reserva and a got a box of the 7th naturals. Now I need to figure out how to get the box I ordered.

Write to them about their mistake, and tell them to send you the correct box along with a postage paid label so you can ship the wrong ones back. If they give you a problem, then you can contact your credit card company about the matter.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

Wow......I don't know what else to say.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

:nono:

I think we can close the book on this one...

The search engines will pick up the Dirty Leaf Cigar name in these posts along with the negative experiences of the Geeks who gave them an opportunity to be a good business.

Vroomp

So, you will all condemn this man for trying to make good on orders that are up to a year old after he has tried to turn around a company that has already failed it's client base, for a mere clerical error? :nono:    WOW~~! :-(  

Sorry, but that's the way I feel................ :confused:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cfickter

Well I am convinced!  Too many other places to order from
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

QuoteVroomp - 11/5/2015  9:23 PM

So, you will all condemn this man for trying to make good on orders that are up to a year old after he has tried to turn around a company that has already failed it's client base, for a mere clerical error? :nono:    WOW~~! :-(  

He did me right. It must be really hard taking over a business that someone has run into the ground and trying to dig out of the mess!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Longhorn

QuoteVroomp - 11/5/2015  10:23 PM

It's OK - you can be wrong once in awhile! :biggrin:

Mojo66

QuoteVroomp - 11/5/2015  9:23 PM  

I think I understand how you feel about this Brad and, from your businessman stand point, it makes complete sense not to agree with what seems like too prompt and harsh a reaction and judgement of a guy trying to do good.

From where I stand, and I can only contribute how the whole thing makes me feel, it seems communication is not at it's best between the vendor and it's clients. Maybe I sound a little like a princess somehow whining about a little bad customer experience but, I spend hard earned money (too much of it) buying the luxury of cigars and it is just that, a luxury. So I admit I want to be treated like a King when buying like one and I did not see the red carpet I was expecting here.

But again, I'm just looking at it from afar with just a small part of the picture and I know I don't see the whole thing. But one thing is for sure, good communication and transparency are free and if I don't feel I'm getting them, I'm usually out the door, even if it's a misguided feeling.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Brlesq

QuoteLonghorn - 11/5/2015  9:55 PM

QuoteVroomp - 11/5/2015  10:23 PM

It's OK - you can be wrong once in awhile! :biggrin:

x2.  He might have finally made McBryde's order correct after a year, but the new order from ThinBlueLine was f*cked up.  Let's see that one corrected before we talk about "making good on orders".  :nono:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

horrido

Makes you wonder is this been run out of a seacan?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 10/24/2015  8:28 AM

Hey Pete, in case you missed this thread here is one you may want to check out.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29572.0

Also really hoping the name is for real and not a Mad Men reference  :-0  :shy:

Also curious why Alan would toss over his CG acct to the "new owner" also.
Just another observation made by another geek.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

maybe starting this thread hasn't worked out too well.

• Pull dick out
  • Step on dick
  • Repeat
hope it all works out. some days just need a do over.

bertf86

As mentioned on the SOA Black Crown thread, I received my DLC order yesterday & whilst there was issues around the original shipping, it was great to finally receive my order & close this one off.

It look's like my order was placed a couple of weeks before this thread was created so maybe explains why there were the issues with my original order as DLC were clearly dealing with a backlog.

Granted I do feel there is a whole 'Keeping the customer in the loop' piece which is currently missing but Kudos on the honouring of previous failed orders & once that is all sorted I would like to think there that will make it easier to be more customer centric.

Again, as I mentioned on the other thread, I would have no issue ordering from DLC again - but I haven't been burned as badly as some (Emerson) have been & can understand why some people would be cautious about doing so.

Now... for my first Curmudgeonly outburst... Pete - what happened to my added extras man?!? :angry:  :angry:  :angry: It was mentioned in my messages there would be some added extras & all I got was a discount code :dukem:  :dukem:  :dukem:

(the last part is in jest btw... kinda :lmao: )

Emerson, Glad you received your order brother. Hope the cigars (and extra's) take the edge of the wait you had!

bertf86
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

headfirst

Toby, you're a crude dude but that's spot on man!     :lmao:
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.