Monthly points contest

Started by Jackal, 11/10/2009 03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Over the last few months it has gotten increasingly more difficult to get into the top ten.  I was quite surprised when I checked today and found that you now need over 130 points to get into the tenth position and it is only ten days into the month.

I am sure that this will be the highest scoring month ever.  Any guesses to what the scores are going to look like?  My bet is that you will need at least 400 points to qualify.  :hitme:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ljlemer

QuoteJackal - 11/10/2009  4:22 PM

Over the last few months it has gotten increasingly more difficult to get into the top ten.  I was quite surprised when I checked today and found that you now need over 130 points to get into the tenth position and it is only ten days into the month.

I am sure that this will be the highest scoring month ever.  Any guesses to what the scores are going to look like?  My bet is that you will need at least 400 points to qualify.  :hitme:

Who won this month?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

Quoteljlemer - 11/10/2009  4:27 PM

Who won this month?

Anthony.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mhuss

I am sure that this will be the highest scoring month ever.  

We've been saying that for six months now!  With the influx of new members and an increase in reviews, the number of points being awarded has definitely risen.  Unless your talking about a particular member's point total (I won't name names, but it rhymes with mfuss)!  I'm starting to get a little left behind in a number of categories.  Looks like I need to step up my game a little!

mcdimond

What I find interesting is the number of new entries to the cigar database. It seems like several new-ish members have added quite a few recently.

I mean, you'd think we'd run out eventually...
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Jackal

Should be to 7,500 reviews in no time.

mcdimond

QuoteJackal - 11/10/2009  3:15 PM

Should be to 7,500 reviews in no time.

And that's just from Larry  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

lowpro75

Damn, that shyt-bisch Cordell is ahead a me in the point contest.  I better get to smokin. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

:biggrin:

Got two reviews to put in now!

Puff away bish!!!!

:lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nwb

I thought I was hot stuff by adding 20ish new cigars this month; I was going to take the rest of the month off.  After looking at the leaderboard, doesn't look like I will be able to  :confused:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 11/10/2009  11:21 PM

The race is on  :dancing:

Playin' the race card?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

junglepete

Quoteljlemer - 11/10/2009  11:32 PM

Quotejunglepete - 11/10/2009  11:21 PM

The race is on  :dancing:

Playin' the race card?

Oops, I mean the checkered flag is waving...it's bi-colored right?  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

DonM

The amount of points racked up so far is unreal.  I have a fair amount myself, but running out of cigars to review.  I am going to smoke some of the ol faithfuls and watch this from the sideline!

"The Curmudgeon"

DennisA

I need to get some points built up, too. Not so much for the points contest, but so I don't have to miss out on the passes!!  :sad:
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Jackal

Just keep in mind that the points are most useful for the monthly drawing.  To get staus (such as mmber, regular, expert) you need posts.  Also, posting helps us to get to know you.

lowpro75

QuoteJackal - 11/12/2009  8:44 PM

Just keep in mind that the points are most useful for the monthly drawing.  To get staus (such as mmber, regular, expert) you need posts.  Also, posting helps us to get to know you.

That's what I got, I got status.   :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.