Cigar Geeks Secret Santa 2015

Started by Rebecca Silverwolf, 10/30/2015 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertf86

Looks like I would be ruled out regardless - unless I read it wrong does it need to be a number of posts within an amount of days or do you have to have been a member for 60 days & had 100 posts?!? If it is the latter then its around the 12 December before I would qualify as a veteran :sad: :sad:
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

headfirst

Bummer man, but there's always plenty going on around here.  Once the new year hits I imagine we'll see the passes rev back up.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bertf86

Yeah there does seem like theres a lot to get involved in! Just thought this was a perfect opportunity to start off in! Ach well, as I said, theres always next year!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

appollo

Robert you have to the 28th to get 100 posts :-)

bertf86

Quoteappollo - 11/9/2015  8:30 PM

Robert you have to the 28th to get 100 posts :-)

Do I not need to have been a member for 60 days also Stephen?!

Mojo66

Quotebertf86 - 11/9/2015  6:38 PM  
Quoteappollo - 11/9/2015  8:30 PM  Robert you have to the 28th to get 100 posts :-)

All those questions would be better answered by Rebecca in my opinion. To me, this is her pass and she'd be best at deciding what's what.

But, generally, the requisites for participating in passes and such are either a required post count or status or a minimum of feedback points. Sometimes it's both. One could also be asked to have an older member vouch for him so on and so forth.

Each pass or PIF or Trade could have different participation requisites, but in the end, the "owner" of the Pass gets to decide.

Just my $0.02

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bertf86

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015  11:47 PM

Quoteappollo - 11/9/2015  8:30 PM  Robert you have to the 28th to get 100 posts :-)

All those questions would be better answered by Rebecca in my opinion. To me, this is her pass and she'd be best at deciding what's what.

But, generally, the requisites for participating in passes and such are either a required post count or status or a minimum of feedback points. Sometimes it's both. One could also be asked to have an older member vouch for him so on and so forth.

Each pass or PIF or Trade could have different participation requisites, but in the end, the "owner" of the Pass gets to decide.

Just my $0.02

Ahh I see, thanks for that Sebastien! Guess I should just work on my post count & take it from there!

bertf86

Mojo66

Just my $0.02

Mojo66

Just my $0.02

Mojo66

This triple post is not my doing, I have been having issues logging on CG and server issues creating time outs. Guess it triple posted.   Very sorry about that, wasn't trying to make my point that much.

EDIT: Strike that, now it appears I posted the same thing 5 times  :-0  

cavenbk

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015 7:26 PM

This triple post is not my doing, I have been having issues logging on CG and server issues creating time outs. Guess it triple posted. Very sorry about that, wasn't trying to make my point that much.

POST WHORE :biggrin:

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

millarddj

Quotecavenbk - 11/9/2015  10:59 PM

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015 7:26 PM

This triple post is not my doing, I have been having issues logging on CG and server issues creating time outs. Guess it triple posted. Very sorry about that, wasn't trying to make my point that much.

POST WHORE :biggrin:

:whistle:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

bstessl

Quotebertf86 - 11/9/2015  2:29 PM

Looks like I would be ruled out regardless - unless I read it wrong does it need to be a number of posts within an amount of days or do you have to have been a member for 60 days & had 100 posts?!? If it is the latter then its around the 12 December before I would qualify as a veteran :sad: :sad:

If I were you,  I'd visit the post whore thread!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=36591.0
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015  5:26 PM

This triple post is not my doing, I have been having issues logging on CG and server issues creating time outs. Guess it triple posted.   Very sorry about that, wasn't trying to make my point that much.

Man, you are already well past being a veteran, no need to up your post count to get in on the Secret Santa.  :biggrin:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Rebecca Silverwolf

Quotebertf86 - 11/9/2015  12:29 PM

Yes, to be part of the Secret Santa you must have been a member for at least 60 days and posted 100 posts. Looks like you won't be eligible this year, but there are always fun passes and such going on that you can get in on. Will be very happy to have you in the Secret Santa next year.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

toby2

Cfickter

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015  6:47 PM

Just my $0.02

I think you are absolutely correct Sebastian.  It's Rebecca's pass and in the end her call

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bertf86

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 11/10/2015  7:38 AM

Quotebertf86 - 11/9/2015  12:29 PM

Yes, to be part of the Secret Santa you must have been a member for at least 60 days and posted 100 posts. Looks like you won't be eligible this year, but there are always fun passes and such going on that you can get in on. Will be very happy to have you in the Secret Santa next year.

that's what I thought! ah well thanks for the update Rebecca!  :-)

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

bertf86

QuoteCfickter - 11/10/2015  12:34 PM

I think you are absolutely correct Sebastian.  It's Rebecca's pass and in the end her call

Totally agree with that Chuck, questions were probabky more related to my inexperience with regards to passes.

Vroomp

QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015  7:18 PM  

Just my $0.02

You know,,,,, THERE IS a delete button........ :biggrin:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mojo66

QuoteVroomp - 11/10/2015  3:04 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 11/9/2015  7:18 PM  

Just my $0.02

You know,,,,, THERE IS a delete button........ :biggrin:  

I have just learned something, I did not know about (hadn't noticed) the delete button.  I have already started lowering my post count, reverse whoring I think it's called. Should we put up a thread about that :biggrin:

johncw

Are  you trying to hit guruship by the end of the year?

raize

Deleting posts to bring your total count down.  Like the reverse of a post whore.  Maybe a post vaginal rejuvenation?
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.