unknown trade

Started by artman556, 11/05/2015 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

QuoteLonghorn - 11/5/2015  9:24 PM

Art, saw you acknowledged you were new to passes.  You can go to the pass "home" thread and read the articles linked there to get up to speed.

Good luck!

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=gen;boxpass_id=224

This is great advice for when you JOIN the pass. :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

MacMac

This is too funny! How do you forget agiftcard! What you been smok'n?
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

05Venturer

Quoteappollo - 11/6/2015  12:15 PM

Not a problem we all go through the growing pains of the first pass.Next one will be easier  :biggrin:  :shy:

No
We ALL don't.
Sorry to disagree

Read the rules BEFORE you Join the pass
Follow the progression of the pass.
When the pass is on its way to you figure out your puts and takes.
Box gets to your house there is a pretty good chance it's the pass and NOT  a 28 cigar bomb.
Should be able to get pass out to next member within short order.
 :biggrin:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Kent, have you never been a newbie. You make it sound like you knew everything there is to know about CG even before joining. If that's the case, I have to tip my hat to you because I know there was a learning curve for me here and it got me nervous on some occasions.

Yes, maybe our brother should have read all info before hand, but isn't CG all about welcoming new members and making them feel at home here, be supportive and SHARE our knowledge. I think this thread needs a little Live and let live attitude.

Sorry to disagree, hope we are still friends, if you ever considered we were.:biggrin:  I know I do
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Quote05Venturer - 11/6/2015  3:54 PM

Not a problem we all go through the growing pains of the first pass.Next one will be easier  :biggrin:  :shy:

No
We ALL don't.
Sorry to disagree

Box gets to your house there is a pretty good chance it's the pass and NOT  a 28 cigar bomb.
Somebody need's a Valium. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

millarddj

Everybody gets one!

I empathize with Kent though. Honestly, IMO, you should read over and understand a pass thoroughly (PM senior members if you like) before you join it so that you proactively avoid confusion and inconveniencing other members (especially since so many here are so proactively generous and accommodating). I almost didn't join because I was a little sketchy on the details, and I feel like I've read everything on this site three times.

Articulating a little more clearly would also bring out fewer of the curmudgeons, methinks.  :puncher:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Quotentanner - 11/6/2015  4:43 PM

No
We ALL don't.
Sorry to disagree

Just a bit of ball bustin' brothers & sisters.
Gotta make sure my Curmudgeon Badge stays intact. LOL  :shy:
Kent

MacMac

Alas we are all newbies at some point. There is a lot of navigation to learn! I've thankful for Brian's (Bmac) great help to me in the beginning?
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

ntanner

Quote05Venturer - 11/6/2015  5:57 PM

Quotentanner - 11/6/2015  4:43 PM

No
We ALL don't.
Sorry to disagree

Just a bit of ball bustin' brothers & sisters.
Gotta make sure my Curmudgeon Badge stays intact. LOL  :shy:

Not to worry ya old codger, you're badge possession has been successfully defended. :shotgun:  :lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Sorry but I also think the pass moderator also deserves some of the blame here.  This isn't the first pass where who ever started the pass simply puts links to a few threads about passes and that is it.  To me that is BS
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 11/7/2015  6:46 AM

Sorry but I also think the pass moderator also deserves some of the blame here.  This isn't the first pass where who ever started the pass simply puts links to a few threads about passes and that is it.  To me that is BS

Agreed Chuck, glad I am not the only one seeing the problems here.
Kent

plnortham

QuoteMojo66 - 11/5/2015  12:25 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 11/5/2015  11:16 PM ...  But isn't it long distance charges to Canada on a PM?   :confused:

:lmao: 

It certainly is, but it's still worth it in my very own very humble opinion :angel:  

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I saw this and started rollin'! Too funny.  Im in the same pass.  Ive been watching it like a hawk to see if I'm close, and I'm at the end of the list.  I'm trying to avoid this type of confusion.
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Cfickter

Quote05Venturer - 11/7/2015  9:12 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 11/7/2015  6:46 AM  Sorry but I also think the pass moderator also deserves some of the blame here.  This isn't the first pass where who ever started the pass simply puts links to a few threads about passes and that is it.  To me that is BS
Agreed Chuck, glad I am not the only one seeing the problems here.

Starting a pass by saying "You know the rules and if your don't read these" is BS. You can't assume everyone knows this and just reading those threads doesn't always answer everyone's questions.  Even in a vanilla pass like this one lay out the basic rules and offer some help

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.