Thompson Auction

Started by FNA, 01/30/2008 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Quotecmmayo - 12/8/2009  7:26 PM

I've gotten awesome deals on Thompson auctions. $9 5-packs of 601 BP Maduros, Lot 23, Cuesta Reys, and similar.

Have had no problems with them. Just saying...  :confused:

$9 for the 601 Maduros?  That is a steal!

Anyone have substitution problems with auctions at Thompson?

nwb
Chief of Shaft

wescat

I almost never buy from Thompson, too many house brands that I have no idea what they'll taste like. I do watch their auction site, cumbersome software. I picked up a box of 05 Camacho Liberty's a couple of weeks ago. Why they had them I have no idea...
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

cmmayo

Quotenwb - 12/8/2009  9:00 PM

Quotecmmayo - 12/8/2009  7:26 PM

I've gotten awesome deals on Thompson auctions. $9 5-packs of 601 BP Maduros, Lot 23, Cuesta Reys, and similar.

Have had no problems with them. Just saying...  :confused:

$9 for the 601 Maduros?  That is a steal!

Anyone have substitution problems with auctions at Thompson?

nwb

Not me.
Again, I'm not a fan of Thompson, but I've found some cheap house brands (Tusker, La Condesa, Don Lugo) from them that aren't bad. Then again, I've found that all of their Rocky Patel exclusives are crap.
I've bought more from CI and I had to return a box of dried out, plugged cheap cigars from them once. Of course, their customer service is as good as you've heard.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.