Holidays Cigar Pass

Started by SenorPablo, 11/27/2007 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

OK the list has several picks I want to make and I have constrained myself not to smoke the goodness brought back from the Sunshine State, as promised. Larry, enjoy! The tracking info says she'll arrive on Friday.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

The pass has arrived. I just closed out the Pepin Garcia contest for most reviews and will be putting and taking in a few minutes. Hope to have the box out tomorrow!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteNewGuy - 12/28/2007  6:40 PM

The pass has arrived. I just closed out the Pepin Garcia contest for most reviews and will be putting and taking in a few minutes. Hope to have the box out tomorrow!

Rack

The pass has been transitioned to Larry. I took ten and put eleven. What a blast!  :smoker:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 12/29/2007  8:09 PM

Rack

The pass has been transitioned to Larry. I took ten and put eleven. What a blast!  :smoker:

Rack

I can't wait! Thanks! Did it go out today or will it go out Monday?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Turboknat

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/14/2007  10:29 PM

Sounds like you had a great trip and found some nice sticks NewGuy!  I found out that I have a trip to Charleston in my near future in mid January.  After doing some quick searhcing, I found out that Tinderbox has a big presence there.  Maybe i'll check it out.

-Paul

Paul, there is a little cigar shop I know about in Charleston, where they roll their own cigars there.  It is a small shop, and I have never been, but I have several friends that have, and they like it.  If you are interested, I will find their website (they do have one), so you can check it out and see if you are interested.

SenorPablo

QuoteTurboknat - 12/30/2007  11:50 AM

Paul, there is a little cigar shop I know about in Charleston, where they roll their own cigars there.  It is a small shop, and I have never been, but I have several friends that have, and they like it.  If you are interested, I will find their website (they do have one), so you can check it out and see if you are interested.

Sure.  Let me know if you find it.  I'd love to check it out if I can make some time for it.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Turboknat

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/30/2007  12:32 PM

QuoteTurboknat - 12/30/2007  11:50 AM

Sure.  Let me know if you find it.  I'd love to check it out if I can make some time for it.

Ok, here is the website of the place for you to check out.  If you go, let us know what you thought of the place.  I hope to get there for a small trip next year myself.   http://www.havacigar.com/

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 12/29/2007  11:30 PM

QuoteNewGuy - 12/29/2007  8:09 PM

Rack

Rack

I can't wait! Thanks! Did it go out today or will it go out Monday?

Larry

You are going to love some of the smokes in this pass. The tracking # still shows the recieved date only. I'm not sure of the schedule but it was priority shipped, so, tomorrow or Tuesday you should get it.

Enjoy

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteTurboknat - 12/30/2007  1:24 PM
Ok, here is the website of the place for you to check out.  If you go, let us know what you thought of the place.  I hope to get there for a small trip next year myself.   http://www.havacigar.com/

I will definitely try to check it out.  I always love trying boutique cigars.  Thanks!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 12/30/2007  9:37 PM

Larry

You are going to love some of the smokes in this pass. The tracking # still shows the recieved date only. I'm not sure of the schedule but it was priority shipped, so, tomorrow or Tuesday you should get it.

Enjoy

Rack

What a shame! My poor wife won't be back til Wednesday and won't get a chance to put her solid gold two cents in!  :dancing:  :biggrin:

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

I just got the pass in time for New Years Eve! I'm alone here. My wife returns Wednesday. Post Office is closed tomorrow, so I'll get these out before she gets home. Now let me study them.

I forgot what I'm supposed to do first to register my receipt at the cigar pass site.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

I wasn't able to change anything on the pass site until I transitioned the package at the bottom of the page. The page did store my puts and takes until I was able to enter the tracking number and submit the transition.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/1/2008  1:02 AM

I wasn't able to change anything on the pass site until I transitioned the package at the bottom of the page. The page did store my puts and takes until I was able to enter the tracking number and submit the transition.

Rack

I think Paul transitioned me. It looks that way. If so, thanks, Paul. If not, go right ahead!

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

I've posted my puts and takes. I took some fancy stuff, so I gave back in kind. I added extra, as usual. I included three I rated "5". Now I have to do some packing so I can get it out early to Tim (MX1).

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 1/1/2008  11:48 PM

I've posted my puts and takes. I took some fancy stuff, so I gave back in kind. I added extra, as usual. I included three I rated "5". Now I have to do some packing so I can get it out early to Tim (MX1).

For the next Pass, I'd like to request that I follow Larry in the order!   :smoker2:

Just kidding....well half-heartedly anyway.  I definitely envy Tim to have that awesome of a selection after Rack and Larry had it.  Those were definitely some nice puts.  Enjoy!

MX1

YEAH BABY!!!

Its my turn to play....

Tim

ljlemer

QuoteMX1 - 1/2/2008  11:49 AM

YEAH BABY!!!

Its my turn to play....

Tim

Tim, I'm terribly sorry, but the pass won't go out until tomorrow morning. I hope you still get it Saturday, but you might have to wait until Monday.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quotemhuss - 1/2/2008  10:58 AM

Quoteljlemer - 1/1/2008  11:48 PM

For the next Pass, I'd like to request that I follow Larry in the order!   :smoker2:

I'd like to host one these soon. We'll see what interest holds for another after this one ends.

Rack

Just kidding....well half-heartedly anyway.  I definitely envy Tim to have that awesome of a selection after Rack and Larry had it.  Those were definitely some nice puts.  Enjoy!
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteJust kidding....well half-heartedly anyway.  I definitely envy Tim to have that awesome of a selection after Rack and Larry had it.  Those were definitely some nice puts.  Enjoy!
QuoteI took some awesome cigars. I took many expensive ones. I threw in some junk, too. The Camacho Legend was awful. See my review. But, yes, I gave up some of my best.
There's a perverted logic in it. I'm committed to smoking only new cigars so I can review them. I had already reviewed the ones I gave up.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 1/2/2008  10:55 PM
There's a perverted logic in it. I'm committed to smoking only new cigars so I can review them. I had already reviewed the ones I gave up.

I definitely know where you're coming from.  That's why I went out special to CI before the first Pass came around to me.  I only wanted to put in what I had already rated (and of course what I thought would be good and fair to what I took).  I do the same thing when I offer cigars to people.  I only offer ones that I have already rated.  I WILL NOT allow someone to smoke a stick that I haven't already reviewed.

ljlemer

Pass has been transfered to Tim. Will arrive Sat or Mon Priority mail with tracking number.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quoteljlemer - 1/3/2008  2:27 PM

Pass has been transfered to Tim. Will arrive Sat or Mon Priority mail with tracking number.

Has Tim checked in? Looks like the pass might not reach him til Monday.

Thomas Mann

MX1

I am here
Sitting on pins and needles, the pass did not make it in yesterday, so Monday I hope.

Tim

SenorPablo

So close to finding its way back home.  I can almost smell the sweet smoke of so many new sticks to try!   :dancing:

-Paul

MX1

It here, I will to my puts/takes tonight or tomorrow, unless I can take them all and put in a thank you card..... :rolleyes:

Just kidding guys, it looks loike everything is in good shape, I will go through it later tonight, right now I gotta start Dinner.

Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.