Holidays Cigar Pass

Started by SenorPablo, 11/27/2007 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MX1

Puts and takes are submitted, SenorPablo, let me know if they work for you.  I am new to the Pass concept and do not wish to make a blunder.

Tim

NewGuy

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/6/2008  10:10 PM

So close to finding its way back home.  I can almost smell the sweet smoke of so many new sticks to try!   :dancing:

-Paul

And then the points for the pass will be awarded and then the next pass! Which, when we are ready I would like to host.   :bigthumbs:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

Absolutely...you are very welcome to host the next pass.  And I would definitely like to participate! :biggrin:

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

Alrighty boys, :cigarman: step right up if you want in on the next round. We may need to leave this thread open long enough for interest to build. So far the next pass will include:

NewGuy
SenorPablo

Who will be next to ad their name to this prestidigious list?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

MX1

So I Take it my Puts/Takes look good?

And If you will have me I will get in on the next pass as well

Tim

NewGuy

Tim you are in my friend. That makes it

NewGuy
SenorPablo
MX1

So far.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

OK I started the electronic pass system under the name Stogie Round-up. you may express your interest to join on this thread or the new one. Use both if you like!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

I would love to participate, if you'll have me!  If so, count me in!

NewGuy

Quotemhuss - 1/7/2008  11:06 PM

I would love to participate, if you'll have me!  If so, count me in!

You are counted!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

MX1

The pass will be in the way home today.  I will update the tracking info when I have the number.

Thanks for letting me play.

Tim

Anthony

Newguy -- Me wanting joins new pass.
_____

NewGuy

Anthony

You're in!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteMX1 - 1/10/2008  8:55 AM

The pass will be in the way home today.  I will update the tracking info when I have the number.

Tim

You're Welcome Tim!  Man am I looking forward to these babies finding there way to their new home.  Thanks for a great collection of smokes everyone.  It looks like only a small handful of the ones I started with are coming back to me, which is great!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/10/2008  11:00 PM

Tim

You're Welcome Tim!  Man am I looking forward to these babies finding there way to their new home.  Thanks for a great collection of smokes everyone.  It looks like only a small handful of the ones I started with are coming back to me, which is great!

-Paul

Why not keep it revolving?

-----------------------------------------
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 1/11/2008  1:21 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/10/2008  11:00 PM

Tim

-Paul

Why not keep it revolving?

Two passes at the same time!? Whoa man, buckle up here comes fun.

Rack

Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/11/2008  7:32 AM

ljlemer: Why not keep it revolving?

Two passes at the same time!? Whoa man, buckle up here comes fun.

Rack

I can take the excitement, can you?

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

What do you think about it Paul?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 1/11/2008  6:28 PM

What do you think about it Paul?

Rack

The only problem with it is that the cigars get pretty beat up and dried out from so much travel.  I'd prefer to get them in, go through them, see what kind of shape they're in, and then kick off another one with ones that seem ok still or maybe replace some with new ones.  Also, it gives people a chance to get out if they want.

Unless it show up tomorrow, which is doubtful then I won't see it for another week.  I fly down to Charleston, SC Sunday for a week.  Which reminds me, i'm going to try to check out Tinderbox and the place Turboknat mentioned - http://www.havacigar.com/ where they roll their own.

-Paul

mhuss

I could see how it would work either way.  On one hand, the cigars should stop back in the moderator's possession.  He can then take what he wants and replace some sticks that aren't in all that great of shape.  He can put back what he wants, as usual, and start the whole process over again.  But at some point, the pass needs to stop and the cigars that are suffering from wear and tear from the travel need to be replaced.  But then again, that's almost like starting a whole new Pass anyway.  I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

NewGuy

Could make for some tricky scheduling for those in both passes. Without a replenishing opportunity, each pass could suffer.

A consideration,

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  I just got back from my trip to Charleston and saw a nice big box of smokes waiting for me.  Everything looks great.  I just closed out the pass.  I think many of these sticks are a bit dried out from all the travel.  I need to give them some humi time.

Thanks for all who participated in the Pass - it was another sucessful and enjoyable one!  Now on to the next one that Rack is going to host!

-Paul

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/18/2008  10:12 PM

Thanks for all who participated in the Pass - it was another sucessful and enjoyable one!  Now on to the next one that Rack is going to host!

-Paul

That's your cue, Rack!

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Thank you, Paul, for overseeing it!

And I look forward to the new Pass that is about to start up!  Let's do it!

NewGuy

Hi Folks.  I just got back from my trip to Charleston and saw a nice big box of smokes waiting for me.  Everything looks great.  I just closed out the pass.  I think many of these sticks are a bit dried out from all the travel.  I need to give them some humi time.

-Paul

Alrighty then! I have the pass order lined up and the cigar list all but finished.

Here we Gooooo againnnnnnnnnnnn!!! :bigthumbs:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.