Anyone tried any hopped ciders??

Started by Rammstein142, 11/10/2015 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammstein142

So just had a hopped cider the other night with an AKA Solace, must say it paired awesomely. Was the Grasshop-ah from the Colorado Cider Company, friend brought it back for me on his trip. Seems it is a hopped cider with lemongrass added, was very dry (just how I like my ciders) but full of flavor. Lemongrass was definitely stronger than they hops, but it paired very well with the hops. All in all was an excellent cider that paired nicely in my eyes with the AKA solace. Also haven't really seen any hopped ciders locally so thought it was interesting.  :beer:
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

ntanner

No, I haven't had a hopped cider, Sound's interesting. With a dry cider I am wondering if they added it as a bittering agent or as a flavoring addition, perhaps by dry hopping.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

C130Driver

I have to admit, when I first opened this I read the title, "Anyone Tried any Hopped Cigars??" I was thinking some company decided to add hopps with their filler and was trying to wrap my head around how that would be anything other that bad.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

runewolf

Lol, too early in the morning for me.  I read it that way too.  No, I have not had any ciders yet this year which is unusual.  Normally have my first around Halloween.  Slacking off this year I guess lol.
--// Signature space for rent \\--

johncw

QuoteC130Driver - 11/11/2015  1:20 AM

I have to admit, when I first opened this I read the title, "Anyone Tried any Hopped Cigars??".

That is how I read it at first as well.

No I haven't on the cider.

Rammstein142

Haha nice, I was curious if it was gonna get read that way. Will say that would be a terrible terrible cigar....not sure how that would work out. As for the cider, wasn't really bitter at all. Tasted more of the lemongrass upfront with a nice finish of hoppiness. Definitely could smell the hops though when it was in the glass. Was surprised the lemongrass was more upfront. Also how can anyone slack off on ciders this time of the year!! :-P I have been on the hunt for all kinds of new ciders this year!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Mojo66

Good to see you around again Tim.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bstessl

I believe i have seen a "hops " cigar...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.