Xikar Returns

Started by toby2, 11/13/2015 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby2

I've returned several broken or dull Xikar products in the past and always got a replacement. I sent in two lighters a few weeks back. One was totally worn out and will just not light and then when it does it's a flame thrower and the other tabletop has doors that stick and you have to smack it on something to get them to reset and close so you can use it. Anyway they sent them back to me and stated they were repaired. They are doing the exact same thing. The tabletop was actually stuck open when i got it and i had to smack it on the counter to get it to close. I know, I know. I should press it but I'm done. I wouldn't want to bankrupt them by insisting they send me what cost them $6 worth of stock. Gonna check out the Vector  line tonight while having a cigar. Rant over..... :biggrin:

Cfickter

I would reach back out to them. Let them know. I am sure they would want to make it right. Never had to send anything back a second time but wouldn't let it just go not being addressed
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I'd give em another go, like Chuck said. They have always been a top notch company in my book. Sometimes, all we need is a second chance!  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

You can also take them to a local B&M for a replacement
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

vw77guy

If you do decide to go Vector, they have the same life time warranty and I've heard of far fewer things having to go back.  Just my 2 cents

sar127

QuoteBrlesq - 11/13/2015  8:51 PM  You can also take them to a local B&M for a replacement

That's what I'd recommend as well, over the counter swap for a brand new product. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

toby2

Quotevw77guy - 11/14/2015  12:45 AM  If you do decide to go Vector, they have the same life time warranty and I've heard of far fewer things having to go back.  Just my 2 cents

thx. gonna check them out. 

DonM

I have sent back an Escalade lighter 4 times now and they replaced it every time

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

QuoteDonM - 11/14/2015  3:55 PM  I have sent back an Escalade lighter 4 times now and they replaced it every time

yeah the small dual flame was replaced once. I noticed the return form was different this time around. 

DonM

Quotetoby2 - 11/14/2015  6:12 PM

QuoteDonM - 11/14/2015  3:55 PM  I have sent back an Escalade lighter 4 times now and they replaced it every time

yeah the small dual flame was replaced once. I noticed the return form was different this time around. 

The biggest change that I saw was that if you still get a spark, they want you to bleed the lighter, blow it out with compressed air, refill it with Xikar fuel, turn the flame knob down then increase it while trying to light it again.

So, I am going to spend $300 - 500 on that air compressor plus accessories I always wanted then drive 70 miles round trip to the closest B&M to get Xikar fuel to test my broken Xikar lighter. Makes sense :confused:

Seems they like promoting we only use their fuel in their lighters.  I have been using 5X refined fuel (like Lucciene or JetLine) for years with no fuel related problems whatsoever.  I stay away from Ronson or Colibri fuel.  The big fail in all of my lighters has been spark

Note*  The last lighter I sent back, I put on the form that I use Jetline 5X butane.  They sent me a new lighter

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.