Lancero's, Lonsdales & Panatelas

Started by 05Venturer, 11/16/2015 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Looking for some suggestions from my friends here.
I am finding myself gravitating away from the large ring gauge cigars I have smoked for some time and really starting to enjoy the smaller ring gauge cigars.
What are some of the favorite  Lancero's, Lonsdales & Panatelas of the Geeks. :?:  :thanx:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

12 Angry Men
Leaf & Bean Maduro Lancero
Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

timpellis

ISOM: Monte Especial #2 and Vegas Robaina Classicos are my two favorites.
Non-ISOM: My Father #4 and LP Unico L40

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 11/16/2015  6:20 PM

12 Angry Men
Leaf & Bean Maduro Lancero
Caldwell Eastern Standard Silk Road

Thanks Chuck  :thumbsup:
Also would like to find some a bit more "budget friendly"
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Try a JDN 1970 Lancero, you won't be disappointed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Mojo66

Oliva Serie V Lancero
L'Atelier Selection Spéciale: 38
Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe Maduro Lonsdale
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

Padron Londres Maduro. Give them 6 month's in the humi and they are top notch IMHO. A box of 26 is about $115 or 5 packs for around $22.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Camshaft83

Blanco Nine Lancero
Any LFD Lancero you can find
Tarazona Revolution 305 Flaco

Don't overlook Coronas. There are some really good Coronas like

Oliva Serie V Melanio Petite Corona
Iconic Leaf Cigar Co. Recluse OTG Corona
Montecristo Fer de Lance
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

05Venturer

QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/16/2015  7:51 PM

Blanco Nine Lancero
Any LFD Lancero you can find
Tarazona Revolution 305 Flaco

Montecristo Fer de Lance

Undercrown Viva Corona is a favorite :biggrin:
Kent

Vroomp

Yes, yes, and yes~!!!  If everything came in a smaller ring size I would smoke it~~!! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

Sébastien's suggestions are greats ones two.  Oliva V is a great lancero, and the LAT SS line is great in the corona gorda or lancero.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

toby2

QuoteVroomp - 11/16/2015  9:58 PM  Yes, yes, and yes~!!!  If everything came in a smaller ring size I would smoke it~~!! :bigthumbs:

ditto! a bunch of good stuff mentioned above. Tat Black I really like. 

nwb

BOTL 2012 Limited Edition by Drew Estate Lancero
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Seleccion No.5
CyB (formerly Cuenca y Blanco) Lonsdale Club
Don Pepin Garcia (My Father Cigars) My Father No. 4
Illusione ~hl~ (Holy Lance)
Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Lancero
Oliva/ Studio Tabac Cain F Lancero (A/T)
Oliva/ Studio Tabac Serie V Liga Especial Lancero
Padron 1964 Anniversary Superior Maduro
Reinado Cigar Geeks Limited Edition
Rodrigo Habano Clasico Lancero
Tatuaje Private Reserve (Black Label) Lancero
Chief of Shaft

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

How did I leave off the DPG Le Bijou I just gave a 93 GC rating to?  And second to nirab, those Emilio are fantastic.  

I don't like em all, but when they get a lancero right, WOW.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

So glad Kent started this thread, watching from the sidelines here as I'm starting to lean toward the bigger is not better camp.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Ken Kelley

A whole bunch of very good suggestions. I'll throw in the Man O' War Puro Authentico in both the natural and maduro congifurations. Had one this morning and it was a real treat.

The Padron maduro panatella is also an excellent stick and it won't break the bank.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

millarddj

QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/16/2015  8:51 PM

Montecristo Fer de Lance

Relevant, if you haven't seen it: https://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/those-captivating-coronas-buying-guide?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 11/17/2015  8:19 AM

How did I leave off the DPG Le Bijou I just gave a 93 GC rating to?  And second to nirab, those Emilio are fantastic.  

I don't like em all, but when they get a lancero right, WOW.

The MF #4 is awesome, but man, that La Musa...WOW!! I'd sure like to find me some of em, they are hard to come by.  :-)
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

I'm getting in the same boat I'm starting to like the smaller gauges more and more. :biggrin:

05Venturer

Tons of great suggestions here. thanks everyone  :biggrin:
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.