December Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 10/31/2015 08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

Access your review to see what the cigar was...... :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

millarddj

Interesting, and not what I expected. I think I may be slightly, but not overly embarrassed.  :biggrin:

Also, I'd like to thank Nathan again for the opportunity, since I didn't say so in my review! This was a lot of fun for me.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

I was a bit surprised, as I have enjoyed that cigar in a different vitola. I'm chalking my experience up to a poorly, poorly rolled cigar.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

Quotenirab - 12/1/2015  9:43 AM

I was a bit surprised, as I have enjoyed that cigar in a different vitola. I'm chalking my experience up to a poorly, poorly rolled cigar.

Hooray! I'm not the only one!  :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Quotemillarddj - 12/1/2015  9:02 AM

Quotenirab - 12/1/2015  9:43 AM

Hooray! I'm not the only one!  :biggrin:

brutal, unforgiving, yet honest...sums up my review!  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Vroomp

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

johncw

Interesting I rated this cigar quite high and had no real issues with it.

LOL i apparently had this cigar about 15 months ago and rated it lower then, than this time.

Vroomp

I must admit there was a brief instant where I thought I was smoking a cheaper stick like a Fuente Curly Head but that soon changed as my cigar became quite tasty and I rated it as I would any other cigar without bias....

Looks like

Notice how Brooks warned about the fragility of the wrapper?

millarddj

Your review was great, Brad, really made me wish I could resurrect the stick for a few extra puffs. That's a real challenge with blind reviews - especially when you're as new to the game as I am.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

I'd like to smoke one that works like a cigar should...mine sucked!  :angry:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

These reviews were awesome, you could really tell the difference in the ones that performed and didn't. I split a box a while ago when they were on clearance someplace, I liked the couple I've had.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

MacMac

We really had some split reviews.  What a wide range of ratings!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nwb

Just caught up reading this thread.  I was a bit shocked at the reviews, as I find this to be an excellent smoke.  The most surprising part was the construction issues; DE and JdN are known for making solidly constructed smokes. :confused:

Anyway, I really enjoy blind reviews.  No preconceived notions or bias. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

millarddj

Possibly a dumb question here - how does feedback work for these critiques? I caught the notion somewhere that reviewers were to receive feedback for their participation, but can't find where I read that now.

Also, am I supposed to have left feedback for Nathan for being a member sponsor? Do I receive feedback after I leave it for him? These items are not addressed in the Geek Critique articles, that I can tell.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Vroomp

Feedback may or may not always be left for critiques (and I am as big a slacker as Nathan when it comes to feedback on critiques.) There are no badges that I know of for critiques, but if you want those points give him hell in a PM~!  :biggrin:

Guess I should go back and award feedback for the December critique I sponsored......  :confused:

Anyone else out there I missed this past year?

millarddj

I'm not hard up for the points, but it honestly helps me keep track of transactions and things I've been involved with here over time. I left Nathan feedback for his GC sponsorship, and I'd suggest that others do the same (looks like MacMac already did). I feel like protocol here should be made clear.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Vroomp

While it is nice for the newer members to receive feedback (especially for bombs, buys, and trades to gain credibility) you will find after a while a simple thank you is enough for most transactions. Not to mention, it gets tiring going back and awarding feedback to five members just for smoking a free cigar~! :biggrin:

I have not always been so conscientious about awarding feedback for critiques myself and have sponsored or co-sponsored quite a few..........

Where's my badge :?:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.