Happy Newbie Year Pass 2016

Started by Brlesq, 12/22/2015 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

And we're off!  Box went to the Post office today at lunch.  Tracking number is 9505510347946005154254

Gustoff, prepare to receive!  Pass has been transitioned to you, so you can now go into the cigar list to start Puts and Takes early if you wish (just don't hit "transition pass" until its out the door and you have a tracking number to enter.)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

raize

God, about time. This mod sucks. Wish he wasn't so absent...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Camshaft83

:dancing: And so another great pass begins. :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

millarddj

Good P/Ts Justin. I realized today that this is described as a Medium-Full pass, but I'll be one who will be happy to snag a couple of the lower intensity sticks. :thumbsup:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Gustoff

Supposed to be delivered today!!!  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

MacMac

Nice put and takes.....I guess I'm next! :cheer:
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Brlesq

OK, tracking says this was delivered, but we'll wait for Justin to confirm.  The first job you have when you receive the pass is open it and show celebratory emotion :dancing: (NO drooling on the Pass! :drool: ). Then you should inspect the box and contents for any damage.  Next, AND THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP, you should take a quick inventory of the cigars in the box to make sure that they are all there and correct on the cigar list from the last player. Right now here should be 14, and you can all see the names of what they are. (Sometimes people forget to put a cigar in, it happens.  But if you don't catch it at this stage it will look like you stole it.)  Report any problems to the moderator, and do not post them here.  Most of the time it is a simple error.

Now do your Puts and Takes on the cigar list. Ask questions of the moderator or other trusted FOGs if you need to.  Maybe you can't get it out in the next day or two?  That's OK, life happens.  Just post that in the forum so everybody knows what is going on.  Touch base with the next guy in line to make sure he will be around to receive it. After you have sealed it all back up properly and have mailed it and received a tracking number, you need to TRANSITION the Pass to the next player.  This is also done from the cigar list page. (Only the player who's turn it is can see this.)  Enter the tracking number, the method of delivery (USPS, UPS, etc.) and then select the next player in line.  Then hit the transition button and post in the forum that it is on its way and has been transitioned.

Now your turn is done and you can start smoking those new cigars!    :smoker:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

bmac7754

Bruce, don't mean to step on your toes but its highly recommended that you guys get a receipt and keep it until the next player has it in hand.  If for some reason it gets lost or damaged in the mail, they won't talk to you without it and you will need it to claim the insurance.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Gustoff

That is a sweet set of smokes! Picked out my takes, put in the puts and it'll be on the way tomorrow! So pumped to get the package I actually left work early! Look at these babies! Anyways, sorry for the late post (busy with family stuff), and Thanks again Bruce for getting this together for us newer guys!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Brlesq

Quotebmac7754 - 1/7/2016  8:08 PM

Bruce, don't mean to step on your toes but its highly recommended that you guys get a receipt and keep it until the next player has it in hand.  If for some reason it gets lost or damaged in the mail, they won't talk to you without it and you will need it to claim the insurance.

Not at all! Good advice!  Thanks, Brian.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

MacMac

Brlesq

Great P/T's Justin!

The Pass has been transitioned and is on its way to MacMac. Joe - You should be able to see a different screen now under "Cigars" which allows you to do your Puts and Takes when it arrives.  Start thinking about these and comparing prices before the Pass arrives, but don't hit "transition" until you are completely done and have your tracking number.  (I can't fix that if you do.)

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. (I cannot respond during weekday working hours.)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

MacMac

Great! I'll begin to prepare!

Camshaft83

And this pass is picking up speed. :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

plnortham

OH! Im next in line already! Im excited!  Woohoo!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

C130Driver

Dang this pass is moving along nicely. That gets the suspense going.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

plnortham

Question for Bruce!!!! I am next in line and then Devin (C130) is after me.  Devin lives less than 30 minutes from me.  Am I allowed to just give Devin the package after me or do I still need to mail it? Thanks!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Brlesq

Quoteplnortham - 1/11/2016  7:33 PM

Question for Bruce!!!! I am next in line and then Devin (C130) is after me.  Devin lives less than 30 minutes from me.  Am I allowed to just give Devin the package after me or do I still need to mail it? Thanks!

A hand off is fine.  Just put that in the transition notes. I was already told that you guys were going to do this, and kept you together for this reason.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

MacMac

I have the box!!!  :dancing:

Gustoff

~Ernest Hemingway

MacMac

Thanks!  I hope to get the box to the post office today!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

MacMac

Ok Phillip, the box in on her way!  Have fun put'n and take'n!

Brlesq

Nice P/T's. Quick turnaround!  

Good work, Joe!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.