Texas Hold’em Pass January 2016

Started by johncw, 12/28/2015 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

headfirst

This has me thinking.  I think when this one is done I might start another pass where the wagering aspect can be incorporated into it.  If the moderator is a house dealer with no stake in it I think it could work.  The flop, turn, and river would be posted by the moderator at the end of the pass but allowing time for wagering cigars between each.  All bettors would send their wagers to the winner.  What do you guys think of something like that?

Really looking forward to this one kicking off though, should be fun! :dancing:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

headfirst

John said he'll ship it Thursday or Friday, looks like he already updated the order.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

johncw

Yea I should get this out tomorrow. Will PM Terry since he is first up.

nirab

Is there a list of seed sticks? And, does the winner get to pick the cigars for his/her 5pk??  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Terry it's on the way!!! 9405803699300165797555

Nirab,

Seed sticks should be there... I was going to do a random pick of what cigars will be for the winner after there is a finally tally of all the cigars.

terrys1991

Quotejohncw - 1/8/2016  2:28 PM  Terry it's on the way!!! 9405803699300165797555    

:bigthumbs:  

headfirst

:dancing:

Noticing that mild Montecristo in there, so is a mild now and then ok in the pass?  Instructions seemed to suggest otherwise... :?:
-Charles Spurgeon

johncw

Quoteheadfirst - 1/8/2016  4:34 PM

:dancing:

Noticing that mild Montecristo in there, so is a mild now and then ok in the pass?  Instructions seemed to suggest otherwise... :?:

i guess with me copying what Bruce wrote I didn't pay attention close enough to my own rules. Was trying to put out a variety of different makers I missed that. If someone wants it great if not no worries. Lets try and stay away from the mild stuff.

headfirst

Very good, thanks for clarifying.

Looks like this hits Terry today, I'm guessing 2-9 unsuited... :biggrin:
-Charles Spurgeon

terrys1991

Box arrived today everything is in good shape, I will get it transitioned & back on the road tomorrow. PM'd Doug & he will be waiting. For my hand I chose envelope #7

thanks for having me John!

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

bmac7754

Nice Terry.  So John, is playing "Fish" with 32 cards left a little tricky?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

Quotebmac7754 - 1/11/2016  8:25 PM

Nice Terry.  So John, is playing "Fish" with 32 cards left a little tricky?

I had to verify i had a full deck because you never know what cards the kids play with.

Nice start Terry! Great takes and puts also.

terrys1991

Pass transitioned to Druff, will drop off at P.O. this morning. The Papas Fritas is a seed cigar put in by John that didnt get listed at the start. Thanks again John!

Cfickter

Good to have the ace but tough pair for hole cards, made easier since this is all open though

So if I understand the rules right when it is my turn I get to ask "do you have any 3's", Right?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Nice puts there Terry!
Now if we only knew someone who like Roma Crafts  :shy:
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

johncw

QuoteCfickter - 1/12/2016  8:57 AM

Good to have the ace but tough pair for hole cards, made easier since this is all open though

So if I understand the rules right when it is my turn I get to ask "do you have any 3's", Right?

I might wait on the flop and turn until more people have their cards... it would be pretty weird knowing the flop and turn before you even got your hold cards... We'll see how it progresses.

Good luck everyone!

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

johncw

Looks like it's out for delivery today!

DRuff

Mail usually arrives at 2:30 or so  :dancing:  :dancing:

DRuff

Package received in fine shape, but that is the soggiest boveda I have ever seen!

DRuff

Puts and takes done, selected envelope 3, Ace of hearts, King of diamonds. Big Slick!

If it is ok I am going to move the pass into a bigger container, this one is already bursting at the seams and likely won't be big enough for the whole pass.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.