Started by StogieDad, 01/07/2016 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Championship Game Contest

Alabama
13 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 20

ninfiction

Clemson 31 - 24

I don't follow college fb at all outside of the Gophers, so complete guess by me.

All I can think about with Alabama is the coach yelling Roll TIde as he plowed a hooker.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

QuoteCfickter - 1/11/2016  10:35 AM

Quoteheadfirst - 1/7/2016  12:46 PM  Aaaaand there's the SEC bias we know so well...   :biggrin:

Damn right, and proud of it! 

I was expecting a "get off my lawn" somewhere in there, so disappointed Chuck.   :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Quoteheadfirst - 1/11/2016  2:13 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 1/11/2016  10:35 AM  

Quoteheadfirst - 1/7/2016  12:46 PM  Aaaaand there's the SEC bias we know so well...   :biggrin:

Damn right, and proud of it! 

I was expecting a "get off my lawn" somewhere in there, so disappointed Chuck.   :-)

I'm getting old Gary 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bigjohn20081983

So the final score is 45-40 with the W going to Bama  for those didn't watch the game.  

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

johncw

I couldn't stay up to watch the final Quarter. Must have been exciting! Congrats to who ever one. I  know my score was to low.

bigjohn20081983

Quotejohncw - 1/12/2016  8:43 AM  I couldn't stay up to watch the final Quarter. Must have been exciting! Congrats to who ever one. I  know my score was to low.

We all pretty much guessed low I don't think anyone guessed either team breaking the 40 point mark. Last I checked Emerson had the high score but I am not sure if anyone price is righted him right before kickoff or not.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Cfickter

For the casual college football fan it was a great game, for those of us who like college perhaps even more than pro it was a classic.  Loving the SEC (Geaux Tigers!) it was hard to pull for Bama.

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

It was a great game. The onside kick was the game changer for sure. Even with Clemson having 2 starters from the secondary out, they played a heck of a game. Congrats 'Bama, and Michael, y'all keep on adding em up!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 1/12/2016  9:16 AM  It was a great game. The onside kick was the game changer for sure. Even with Clemson having 2 starters from the secondary out, they played a heck of a game. Congrats 'Bama, and Michael, y'all keep on adding em up!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Missing key secondary players certainly hurt.  Not covering the TE and giving up three big plays, including two long touchdowns hurt also 

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 1/12/2016  9:08 AM

Quotenirab - 1/12/2016  9:16 AM  It was a great game. The onside kick was the game changer for sure. Even with Clemson having 2 starters from the secondary out, they played a heck of a game. Congrats 'Bama, and Michael, y'all keep on adding em up!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Missing key secondary players certainly hurt.  Not covering the TE and giving up three big plays, including two long touchdowns hurt also 

absolutely :word:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Well that was one he'll of a game, I still haven't unclenched this morning....:biggrin:

Looks like Emerson is the winner here, congrats brother.  I'll get you something out this week.

Oh yea, and ROOOOLLLLL TIDE!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bstessl

Quoteninfiction - 1/11/2016  1:04 PM

All I can think about with Alabama is the coach yelling Roll TIde as he plowed a hooker.

:lmao:
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

McBryde

Well I'm suprized as all get out! Heck, I never win anything, LOL! Sweet!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

Here are my winnings:

photo DC41A012-5C96-463D-A802-E2B670116DF3_zpshz7qzib5.jpg

I really appreciate it, he hit me with some sticks I've been wanting to try out!

Thanks Michael!

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

johncw

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.