February Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/06/2016 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

There was a day when these would fill up in minutes, now it takes weeks...free cigar to review...what's not to like????  :confused:  :crazy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

I will have volunteered for so many of these by the end of the year that the mods will be sick of me. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Quotemillarddj - 1/19/2016  11:44 AM

I will have volunteered for so many of these by the end of the year that the mods will be sick of me. :biggrin:

Yea buddy!! BTW, I haven't forgotten about your fundraiser. I will be working on a 5pk for you soon... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

headfirst

Yeah, not sure why Brian.  When I was new I felt like I needed to earn some stripes around here and figure out how to smoke a cigar before jumping into this, but heck I'd do one of month if it were possible now... :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

Yea love doing these.Great way to try new sticks free off charge.

MacMac

If u still need someone and I fit the bill. I'd love to done another review.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

C130Driver

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  Very excited for this!!! I updated my address in my profile to where I stay when I'm on base for an extended period of time. Feel free to send away when you're ready. Thanks again for considering me! :biggrin:  :biggrin:
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

StogieDad

These are packaged and ready to get dropped today.  They should be there this weekend, which will give you almost 2 week els to get them smoked.  Hope that works for everyone.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

C130Driver

I got mine in the mail today, along with not one but 3 hitchhikers! I can't thank you enough. I have already been scoping out the mystery stick and I'm pretty excited to try it. It looks, feels, and smells great! Thank you again!
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

headfirst

Nice!  USPS under-performing in cross country trips as usual over here, hopefully tomorrow...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

CharlieOne

I'll do it. I just signed up for one earlier today though.
My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

nirab

I've yet to see mine, perhaps today is the day... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

millarddj

Likewise, I'm getting a little nervous about the deadline!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

QuoteCharlieOne - 2/2/2016  5:54 AM

This is already full and typically you should not volunteer for more than per quarter.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Quoteninfiction - 2/2/2016  10:06 AM

QuoteCharlieOne - 2/2/2016  5:54 AM

This is already full and typically you should not volunteer for more than per quarter.

I'd reckon to say that ya might want to get a bit more involved here as well, along with making amends to some of the CG vets that were, let's say, a bit perturbed by some previous posts regarding legal opinions on a forbidden fruit discussion...if this has already happened unbeknownst to me, I apologize in advance...if not, its just my friendly CG suggestion... :biggrin:  :angel:

I'm sponsoring the GC in July, so who knows, Charlie might just be a candidate!  :shy:  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Mine arrived today with a few hitchhikers, very curious what this blind stick is. I'll do my review this weekend for sure. Thanks Michael!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Still nothing here, good ol' USPS.  I have another package from New Orleans that was supposed to arrive last Friday and the tracker says that it has left New Orleans as of 1/26.  Pretty sure these are the guys routing the packages lately:  
-Charles Spurgeon

millarddj

I managed to get mine today as well, blizzard and all!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Mine landed yesterday afternoon, along with some nice looking sidekicks! Thanks Michael!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

I can't wait to see these reviews.  Should be a lot of fun!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Gary, I don't know what is going on with yours.  I went and dug up the tracking on these, it has been sitting there since the 28th.

I do have another of these I can send out, I guess I will try and send it so it would be there by Monday, giving you until Wednesday or maybe Pete can give a day or two.  I have no idea why it is just sitting there.

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

Michael,

I saw something similar with a package from Trent just this last week, it arrived a good 4 or 5 days late...but his did say it departed from the New Orleans P.O., this one is as if it is still camped in Atlanta?  It may still show up on time to smoke I suppose if maybe it's actually en route just not being tracked right.  Your/Pete's call on what to do.  Happy to send one of the packages back to you if you do send out a 2nd one.  For what it's worth I had planned to smoke it on the 9th anyway, so it hasn't messed me up yet, it'll just have to be ROTT.

Thanks for the tracking info, I'll watch it.
-Charles Spurgeon

C130Driver

Might I suggest you call the post office if you haven't already? A good friend of mine ordered something online and according to the tracking number it just stopped along the way and sat in a post office for 2 weeks. When he finally called them it suddenly showed up a day or two later. We think it got left in some corner of some sorting room by mistake. I don't really know the inter working of the postal service, maybe Don could shed some light if he's following this thread.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

C130Driver

Quick question, I am planning on doing my review this weekend, and I was reviewing it tonight. What info do I enter for the cigar seeing as how it's a blind tasting?

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

millarddj

QuoteC130Driver - 2/5/2016  5:12 PM

Quick question, I am planning on doing my review this weekend, and I was reviewing it tonight. What info do I enter for the cigar seeing as how it's a blind tasting?

Last time, the answer to this question was "just pick anything", and the GC sponsor will recognize your name and just change it to the correct cigar when the time is right.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.