2016 Average Joe Superbowl Squares *check to see who you are shipping winnings too)

Started by johncw, 01/07/2016 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

ninfiction

Entered my cigars, if you think any aren't acceptable tough sht...kidding, just let me know.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

johncw

Quoteninfiction - 1/9/2016  2:30 PM

Entered my cigars, if you think any aren't acceptable tough sht...kidding, just let me know.
:lmao:

johncw

Quotejohncw - 1/9/2016  1:52 PM

:spammer:
:spamcan:

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

johncw

Thanks for the bumps... I thought this would fill up faster that is for sure!

nirab

We still got time to fill it up...c'mon y'all, sign yer arse up!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

I usually avoid these superbowl pools because it is total random dumb luck hence I never win.  But, I'll just look at it as a chance to send a geek some sticks, I'll play.

#'s:  25, 34, 43, 52, 61
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

millarddj

Quoteheadfirst - 1/13/2016  11:35 AM

I usually avoid these superbowl pools because it is total random dumb luck hence I never win.  But, I'll just look at it as a chance to send a geek some sticks, I'll play.

Good man!

I just plain don't understand football.  :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

johncw

Quoteheadfirst - 1/13/2016  12:35 PM

Wait you mean there isn't any skill to picking the correct numbers  :?:  :cry:

thanks for playing and if I don't win I hope you do! I think that is a Nirabism

johncw

Quotemillarddj - 1/13/2016  1:05 PM

Good news with this is you don't have to understand to play. It's a lot like roulette. You just wait for the number to be produced with more numbers.

ninfiction

Quotejohncw - 1/13/2016  12:20 PM

Quotemillarddj - 1/13/2016  1:05 PM

Good news with this is you don't have to understand to play. It's a lot like roulette. You just wait for the number to be produced with more numbers.

I equate it to playing the lottery.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Daniel,

It is exactly your type that more often than not wins these things!   :rolleyes:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Vroomp

I'll take my chances tonight with the Powerball since the odds are about the same for me....... :biggrin: But if I win, I'll buy everyone a box of Xiphos Cigars~!

can

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bmac7754

Got my cigars posted, any problems let me know.

Come on guys lets fill this one up, You put in 5 everyday cigars, pick 5 numbers and you are done.  You need to know nothing about football, the solar system, or how many toes a rooster has on each foot, and yes luck has everything to do with these pools.  Playing for cigars is always a good time.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

headfirst

John, I didn't see anywhere how the pot is distributed out between the four quarters, did I miss that somewhere?  I imagine the final score gets the largest pot unless you were thinking it would be split up equally? :?:
-Charles Spurgeon

bmac7754

Quoteheadfirst - 1/13/2016  7:14 PM  John, I didn't see anywhere how the pot is distributed out between the four quarters, did I miss that somewhere?  I imagine the final score gets the largest pot unless you were thinking it would be split up equally? :?:

If I'm not mistaken there will 4 winners, one for each quarter. Starting with winner from last quarter working backwards these 4 will take turns choosing a 5 pack until all gone. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

Quotebmac7754 - 1/13/2016  8:24 PM

Quoteheadfirst - 1/13/2016  7:14 PM  John, I didn't see anywhere how the pot is distributed out between the four quarters, did I miss that somewhere?  I imagine the final score gets the largest pot unless you were thinking it would be split up equally? :?:

If I'm not mistaken there will 4 winners, one for each quarter. Starting with winner from last quarter working backwards these 4 will take turns choosing a 5 pack until all gone. 

Brian is correct.... the reason we list all the fivers is because in order from final, 3rd, half, 1st they pick the fiver they want then those are off the table. Restart again Final, 3rd, half, 1st until they are all gone. This way the losers only have to send to 1 person and the winner just keeps the fiver they put up.  If like last year I think Brian won two of the quarters so he got to pick 2 times per round.

Hope that makes sense.

johncw

copying rules so they are on this page

The buy in will be five cigars = (five squares). No more than five squares per participant, so that there is room for all who want in. If, at 6:00 PM on January 31st, there are still empty squares then they're up for grabs to whoever would like them.

If there are still empty squares at noon ET on game day, then they will be assigned as follows... Everyone who's already in play will have their name thrown in a hat, once for each fiver they put up. In other words, if you put up 1 fiver, then your name will go in 1 times. If you bought 2 fivers , then your name goes in 2 times. Names will be drawn and assigned to the empty squares from left to right, top to bottom. These extra squares will not increase the pot size, nor obligate anyone to more cigars than they already put up.

Please select 5 numbers for your 5 cigars they can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k6kRkc-V8iBPVkKlBFDsOy2TcS-5...

Prior to game time, post the list of cigars that you will be betting. Cigars are to be within the $5-$10 range, using CI or Cigar.com, Famous box pricing. Please post list of cigars your betting with your numbers if at all possible. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CIGARS TO ME. You will ship them out to the winners explained below

Once all the squares are filled I will use a random number generator, the columns and rows will be numbered.

After the game is over, the winners will choose their 5 pack cigars in the round robin style format. They will be choosing in the same groups of five that were bet by the others. The order of the choosing will be final score, 3rd quarter, 2nd quarter, 1st quarter. The winners will not have to put their bets in the pot for others to choose. Simply put, the pot will consist of just the cigars put up by the losers. The exception to this is if you buy ten squares but only win one quarter. Then you will have to put five cigars in the pot. You're free to choose your own cigars, but they will count as one of your picks.

Once all of the choosing is done, the losers will ship the cigars (5 packs) to the winner that chose them. Clarification if you lose you will only be sending the 5 cigars you bet to the winner who choose your 5 pack.

In order to participate you must have a feedback rating of 2, and at least 100 points. If you believe you warrant an exception then please PM me.

Good Luck Everyone

Mojo66

John, looks to me you're looking for Geeks who like sending cigars to their brothers and sisters of the Geeks?  Man, if I had known that, I'd have jumped in faster.

You can count me in.  I'll go with 8 - 18 - 24 - 84 – 89, already on the spreadsheet. Will be choosing and posting cigars soon. I have no luck whatsoever with lottery type games and contests so I'll more than gladly send nice cigars to the lucky winner who chooses my 5er.

But is this really only about luck? Aren't certain digits more probable to pop up than others? I'd assume, and that would also be influenced by the quarter, that some are statistically more probable to appear than others therefore making this a bit more than just pure luck. 

Then again, I could just be off my rockers and you know what, that's all right 'cause just has I have no luck in these things, I have no pride either :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

headfirst

Ok, my first time in the CG superbowl pool, I guess the rules were pretty clear about it.  :shamebag:

I'm used to the regular $ superbowl pools where final score wins a bigger share of the pot...but I like this better, final score gets first choice but all the winners come away with 25 sticks.

Thanks.
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.