Xikar Xi3 Titanium Black

Started by tjm0831, 01/21/2016 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjm0831

ninfiction

I have the Xi2, which I believe is the same cutter just a different/cheaper finish. They work wonderfully and have a lifetime warranty. The Xi3 are spendy, you can find the other on sale often.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

cavenbk

I have a Xi3 and absolutely love it. Have used it almost exclusively since I bought it
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

tjm0831

I just ordered it.  Looking forward to a heavier model.

ntanner

I have the Xi2 also, have had it for a few years and it has worked great from day one. Definitely the sharpest cutter I have, even after a few thousand cut's.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ted

Xi2 owner here as well. Just bought my second (after losing first). Have been eyeing that Titanium Xi3 as well. Would love to hear comparison reviews between the Xi3 and Xi2. Is it worth the extra coin for more than looks? That Mayan one is very cool looking too.

tjm0831

I had considered getting the Mayan one instead of the titanium, but I feel like if I get something decorative I won't treat it as much like a tool.  I like being able to keep a cutter in my pocket with keys etc, and not really try to store it anywhere special.  I wouldn't want to worry about damaging the artistic features of the cutter.  't I feel like if I'm paying for the quality of the cutter, things will just work out better.  Not to knock the Mayan or other flashy cutters, because they are indeed beautiful.

Joel B

I have the Xi3 carbon fiber model. Love it. The weight of it is great. A real solid piece. Also, remember to write Xikar after your purchase and they will send you a leather sheath to keep it in. At least they used to do that. It is great if you plan on keeping your cutter in your pocket with you keys and such. 

raize

Also have the Xi3 carbon fiber. Pretty much my sole means of cutting (I occasionally use a punch). Stays sharp and looks great. I did have the ebony macassar wood one before and, although it looked nice, the grips fell off after a few months. My local B&M said it's common in the wood ones since they expand/contact based on humidity. They swapped it out for the carbon one and I've been using it for the past year with no problems.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Cfickter

While I don't use that exact cutter I exclusively use Xikar cutters and own 3, lifetime warranty, great product
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

tjm0831

tjm0831

I heard about that defect in the wood cutters. One of the reasons I figured I would go with a solid non-ornate piece. No probl ms with the carbon fiber?

Ted

Good point on the ornate pieces!

appollo

tjm0831

Anyone have any problems with the other (non-wood) ornate cutters?

C130Driver

I would kill for that Mammoth Ivory one, it looks amazing.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

tjm0831

Agreed. A beautiful piece.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.