The Mild Side 2016

Started by millarddj, 01/27/2016 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Quotemillarddj - 1/28/2016  12:08 AM

QuoteVroomp - 1/27/2016  9:12 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 1/27/2016  10:05 PM  Thanks for the invite,  looking forward to it.  A good morning smoke with coffee is always in my good graces.

Hmmmm,,,, this could get very interesting now..... :biggrin:  

If you want this to be really interesting, I can put myself in the pass order at #1...and #4...and #9. That's how this moderator thing works, right? Did I pick the wrong pass thread to read as an example? :hitme:

If I remember right, you dont assign yourself along the way, you just decide once you see a few you want to "purge", then you just decide it's time for the pass to come back to you.. That goes over well....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

You guys are all so conventional! :-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

millarddj

Wow, we've got a strong lineup of experienced Geeks! Let's get some newbs in here (and the door's still open for vets). Right now I think the newest member is the pass moderator. That doesn't seem right!!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Looks like we've added ebernabe and nirab. Thanks for being willing to take part in my first pass, guys!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

A couple of updates this evening:

- chadboskie has been added and inserted into the pass order. We're up to 13 participants, which is getting right around where I'd hoped to have this. I will leave the pass open until at least the end of the coming weekend in order to allow those who see this a bit later or who are waffling

- I have updated the description in a couple of places. Most notably to allow Canadian Geeks to participate virtually if they so choose, and also to clarify the rule on special cigars - probably easier if you just read it. This is borne out of a desire to be able to share these sticks with whomever wants to try them but doesn't necessarily have equal/higher value cigars of the same type

- I have laid out a pass order to try and minimize shipping gaps, allow for potential in-person handoffs where applicable, and to accommodate a request or two that I've received. Please let me know if you are going to have prolonged out-of-town periods or would like to be shifted.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

tjm0831

Can't wait to kick this one off!

Joelala

Thanks for the invite I will try to join if there is still room
Joe

millarddj

Thanks for joining Joe, I'll get you in the pass order.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Justin (Gustoff) has joined, and suddenly we're up to 16. I had extended an invitation to another couple of newbs and vets. I will honor those invitations, but otherwise I will be considering the pass closed. Nice growth from last year!

Just a reminder to those newer to passes (including myself) - remember that as the pass goes on, especially with a larger number of members, the box may get heavier, and the shipping cost may gradually creep up if you're near the end of the pass (poor Gary, all by himself on the west coast). This is part of the reason that I tried to start this pass with some higher-valued cigars, so that hopefully everyone has some real goodies to pick from and it's well worth the cost on your part. However, if this concerns you, please feel free to contact me.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

headfirst

I'm last?  Ooohh, big mistake Daniel, big mistake, heh heh... :shooter:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

millarddj

All right fellas, I'm closing the pass because it looks like we're ready to roll. I've attempted to get the biggest container I can find that I'm sure will fit in a USPS Medium flat rate box, but local options have proved to be somewhat limited. I think there's room for a solid five full finger bags, plus boveda, in the container, but if someone more experienced ends up having to swap out containers for optimization, I will be very appreciative and make sure that you are taken care of!

Trent, will you be ready to receive the pass within the next few days during your Mardi Gras festivities?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

tjm0831

Yes sir.  All hands on deck here.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Joelala

Joe

bmac7754

Let the games begin.  Great looking lineup of Geeks up in here.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

millarddj

Got driven indoors yesterday by the blizzard, but dropped off the box at the PO this morning. Trent, estimated arrival is Friday!

NOTE TO ALL GEEKS: CHECK THE BOX THOROUGHLY WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT. There is an optional "secret event" riding along with this pass. Read enclosed note for details!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

tjm0831

Quotemillarddj - 2/3/2016  10:32 AM

Got driven indoors yesterday by the blizzard, but dropped off the box at the PO this morning. Trent, estimated arrival is Friday!

NOTE TO ALL GEEKS: CHECK THE BOX THOROUGHLY WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT. There is an optional "secret event" riding along with this pass. Read enclosed note for details!

Can't wait to discover the mystery!

tjm0831

Puts and takes done!  Are you ready to receive Vroomp?

millarddj

Is it safe to assume you got a hold of Brad, since the package is on its way? Thanks for the quick start!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Vroomp

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

tjm0831

Sorry for the late update on the forum.  Package out to Brad yesterday!  Happy to play and Happy Mardi Gras!

Vroomp

Box has arrived~! The container and box are both too small to accommodate further cigars so I will be upgrading both to a more fitting size~! I also am arranging a meeting with Stogiedad to do a hand off but we may not meet until Friday and he will probably not be able to get the package back out until Monday. That shouldn't be too slow since we are getting two people done in 5 days~!

I will try to do my P&T's tonight......  :shades:

millarddj

Guess I didn't hit the "happy medium" on sizing that I was aiming for. Thanks Brad!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Gustoff

A big thanks out to Daniel for bumping me further down the list! I just wanted to make sure I was back in the states to do my part in a timely manner!  :thanx:
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.