New toys!

Started by tjm0831, 01/27/2016 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjm0831

Just got these in the mail today.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

Nice! I've got the 2 packet Boveda holder (inherited in the tuppedor that ninfiction gifted me) and it works really slick!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

tjm0831

I have a couple of the 2's as well, needed an upgrade though.  I was still throwing loose packs in my footlocker humidor.  8 Packs should rock it nicely though.

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mojo66

Real nice toys. I know you'll love both the lighter and the cutter, I happen to own the exact same ones and they have been doing their respective jobs flawlessly for quite some time. They are the XI3 cutter and Executive 2 lighter right?
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

MacMac

Very nice toys.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

toby2

headfirst

Quotetjm0831 - 1/27/2016  5:03 PM

I have a couple of the 2's as well, needed an upgrade though.  I was still throwing loose packs in my footlocker humidor.  8 Packs should rock it nicely though.

I actually throw a loose one into each of the three lower partitioned areas in my foot locker.  Is there a good reason not to do that?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Camshaft83

Those are very nice. Let us know how the lighter and cutter work out for you.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

tjm0831

I only worry that I am going to bust them with all of the boxes in there.  I plan on keeping 4 down there, 4 up top, all in holders though.  Just for protection sake.

tjm0831

tjm0831

Kind of a mess in mine.

headfirst

Ok, that makes sense.  I've totally maximized my storage by stacking individual sticks in the lower compartments, no boxes in mine.  Love the capacity of that foot locker, but hate the digging...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tjm0831

QuoteMojo66 - 1/27/2016  6:15 PM

Real nice toys. I know you'll love both the lighter and the cutter, I happen to own the exact same ones and they have been doing their respective jobs flawlessly for quite some time. They are the XI3 cutter and Executive 2 lighter right?

Is the lighter prone to scratching?  I would like to keep it in my pocket with my keys, but I'd rather not scratch up the lighter.

appollo

Nice choice in toys  :thumbsup:

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

STL_Cohiba

I love mail call
"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit." Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars" -Jack Nicholson

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?
action=humidor&member=STL%5FCohiba

Vroomp

Nice toys, :bigthumbs: ,,,,  but one of those Tubos looks funny, you might want to check it before you enter it into your VH...... :shades:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ted

Curious to heat about the Xi3 Titanium performance as well!

Mojo66

Quotetjm0831 - 1/27/2016  8:10 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 1/27/2016  6:15 PM  Real nice toys. I know you'll love both the lighter and the cutter, I happen to own the exact same ones and they have been doing their respective jobs flawlessly for quite some time. They are the XI3 cutter and Executive 2 lighter right?
Is the lighter prone to scratching?  I would like to keep it in my pocket with my keys, but I'd rather not scratch up the lighter.

Yes it is. I actually own 2 of them (Executive and Executive 2). Both have the same exact finish and paint. One I carry in my pockets and is barely black anymore, that's how much it is scratched, but I don't much care or I'd send it back and they'd refinish it or send me a new one no questions asked. The other one I use only at home and care for a little more and, after a couple of years it's still like new. I do keep it in the box it came when not using it and I don't use it that often as I have lighters in many places. But they both function perfectly.

And that cutter is just amazing as far as I'm concerned. Blades do need to be cleaned once in a while for continued good service, at least that's my experience with them but it's true of every cutter. I use isopropyl alcohol to clean the blades.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

Quotetjm0831 - 1/27/2016  8:10 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 1/27/2016  6:15 PM  Real nice toys. I know you'll love both the lighter and the cutter, I happen to own the exact same ones and they have been doing their respective jobs flawlessly for quite some time. They are the XI3 cutter and Executive 2 lighter right?

Head over to Xikar's website and register your products.  They will send you leather sleeves made for each device to keep them protected.  Another good thing about their warranty is if the paint gets scratched or worn out they will replace it under warranty at any time.

I use this Xikar case that holds my lighter and cutter which keeps them safe too.  The first one is the one I am currently using which is going to get retired soon because I have a brand new backup waiting to get used.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

tjm0831

Thanks for the tip!  Headed to their website now.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.